It's a Wonderful Life cookie tin

momnan30

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I've been looking for the cookie tin that Target put out back in about 1992. That year the in-store theme was "It's a Wonderful Life", and they sold cookies and many other things related and packaged with the movie images. If anyone has one, let me know if you are willing to part with it.

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
here

Here ya go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAISINETS-ITS-A...0?hash=item587f0bcad5&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

usafvet

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
I remember I was bidding on an It's a Wonderful Life snowglobe a few years ago. It was a very unique globe that had a lot of detail. I was outbid at the last minute by none other than Karolyn Grimes, the girl who played Zuzu. I thought that was pretty cool...I'd gladly yield the opportunity for her to obtain it. Ironically, Karolyn Grimes has a nice ebay store where she sells autographs and It's a Wonderful Life memorabilia.

I know this has nothing to do with the tin, but reading this thread reminded me of my experience on ebay.

momnan30

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I remember I was bidding on an It's a Wonderful Life snowglobe a few years ago. It was a very unique globe that had a lot of detail. I was outbid at the last minute by none other than Karolyn Grimes, the girl who played Zuzu. I thought that was pretty cool...I'd gladly yield the opportunity for her to obtain it. Ironically, Karolyn Grimes has a nice ebay store where she sells autographs and It's a Wonderful Life memorabilia.

I know this has nothing to do with the tin, but reading this thread reminded me of my experience on ebay.
I have actually had a couple of email communications with Karolyn regarding some questions I had about memorabilia from the film. She is a real sweetheart, very genuine and responded promptly to the questions herself!

Shiny Brite

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 8, 2009
Western, PA
Just want you all to know , even though this thread is old.I live in Indiana Pa , the hometown of Jimmy Stewart. I could probably get you anything you wanted !! We have a museum in town that has memorabilia devoted to him. Our street crossing lights have his voice , which is actually Rich Little Impersonating him , telling you when to cross. Lol Let me know and maybe I can help !:tree:

S

superdave1225

I as well can add to this. Karolyn Grimes was married to the man I use to work for back in the 80's and 90s. They owned a bridge building company. They lived then in a area called Stanley/Stilwell which is in Johnson county thats on the southwest part of the greater Kansas City area. Another ex employee and I was just talking about her a week ago, he had lost track of her and didn't know she was living on the west coast now. Karolyn is a wonderful person and a joy to be around. One year she had me make a surprise visit Christmas eve in my Santa outfit for her family. I was standing and talking to my boss as close as 4 feet and he had no idea it was me. Memories of Christmas past such as these is what makes looking forward to Christmas every year so much more exciting. Interesting point is Karolyn really played down her part in the movie back then. She had a small area in the rec room area that she had things about the movie in. I am really glad to see her, in her later years really start to enjoy her part in such a classic movie.

Reactions: 1 person

Shiny Brite

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 8, 2009
Western, PA
Very interesting Superdave. I believe she comes to town here every now and again for various celebrations and dedications . She is a good sport about it all.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image