Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Kimothy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 20, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I was just wondering if any of you have any idea who some of the celebrities and "bands/artists" (I use that term loosely) that will be appearing this year.

Also, what are your favorite parts of the parade? Least favorite?

My favorites are seeing the Broadway productions in the beginning and the Sesame Street float with the cast (Bob still holds a special place in my heart). My least favorite parts of the parade are when they do promos for their own shows--even the ones that are doing poorly in the ratings. I also don't like how the announcers (usually Meredith Viera and Matt Lauer) hype-up one float but then try to rush through the others.

Reactions: 1 person

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
I don't care for the Broadway stuff so much. I love the Rockettes though and I like to see the bands or dancers. I don't like seeing the singers lip sync on the floats though. I usually record it and then fast forward through the parts I don't like. I like to see the balloons too.

Reactions: 1 person

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
My favorite part? SANTA!!!! I love seeing Santa make his grand entrance! I love everything to do with the floats that are Christmas themed. I love all the balloons too!

My least favorite would be the Broadway show stuff. I do like it but it's just my least favorite. Like Santa's Helper, I do like watching the Rockettes.

Reactions: 5 people

Smiley21

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Apr 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I think many of you all on the forum know I'm NUTS about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I enjoy it all, even though the lip syncing is a bit weak INO, I still enjoy the revealing of new FALLoons (a true fan knows what they're really called LOL). I can't think of too much I don't enjoy about it.

Here's the link to the parade if you want to stay updated on things for this year: http://social.macys.com/parade2010/

I'm excited because a high school band from the Atlanta area will be performing.

Reactions: 6 people

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
I love it all.I can remember as a kid looking forward to this while my mum would be cooking,the smells comin' from the kitchen,the excitment of havin' my family there and knowing Santa was yet to come! :)

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD
I usually get home from Church on Thanksgiving morning just in time to see Santa arrive. My hubby records the parade for me every year. I love the balloons, the Rockettes, and of course Santa.

Adam

Formally xrockchild
MMC Member
Apr 11, 2010
California
Thanksgiving is always the best. We put up the tree and lights (if its not raining). We listen to Christmas music and officially start the festivities. :D

We used to watch the Thanksgiving parade but we sorta stopped after Christmas now takes over Thanksgiving, haha. Although I kind of miss it because we watched it for YEARS.

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
I love it all, too. I usually have it on as I prepare our Thanksgiving feast. And I LOVE the Broadway shows!

Cherylle in CA
I leave it on while I'm cooking too but I record it so that I can watch it later on and speed through all of the commercials and the performances that I don't care for.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Can't wait for that morning! One of my favorite mornings of the year!

ME TOO!!! :D I love Thanksgiving morning! And then watching Miracle On 34th Street in the afternoon.... oh so fun!

gabulldawg

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 29, 2010
Hill AFB,Ogden Utah
What would thanksgiving morning be without the parade? I remember as s kid waiting at the end for Santa! Nowadays I watch it with at my parents home while my mom and sisters are cooking...then its football!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image