Macy's Thanksgiving Parade-Floats

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
Do you have a favorite float that you look forward to each year?

Reactions: Holiday

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
I enjoy it all but,there is one that is my favorite and it's exciting to see each and every year.Thanksgiving-Parade8-727x477.jpg

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I always enjoy seeing the big turkey in the Pilgrim hat who bobs his head and winks his eyes. He's been in the parade as long as I can remember! Years ago his eyes would blink out of sync so he looked a little cockeyed, but somewhere along the line they synced up his eyes. I guess that was an improvement, but being cockeyed gave him a little more personality!

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
I always enjoy seeing the big turkey in the Pilgrim hat who bobs his head and winks his eyes. He's been in the parade as long as I can remember! Years ago his eyes would blink out of sync so he looked a little cockeyed, but somewhere along the line they synced up his eyes. I guess that was an improvement, but being cockeyed gave him a little more personality!
That to,i just love my parade.source.gif

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
I am with you angelpugs! I am just like Elf in the movie when he screams, "SANTA"!!!!! That is my reaction too! The turkey is a highlight for me as well, MerryCarey! It officially kicks off Thanksgiving for me!

For childhood memories, I love the Sesame Street float, since that was my favorite show as a child. The same human cast was on that float since I was a child, Bob, Maria, Susan and so on up until 2015. Macy's parade 2016, as I was watching that float again, none of the ones from my childhood was on there! That shows my age, doesn't it? Ha ha! Started watching that show almost since it first started airing. I knew Maria had retired and I am assuming the other ones did as well. Well, the kids don't look for them anyway, it's all about the Muppets, of course! They are always on that float!

Those are my top 3 but to answer your question, my very favorite is --- SANTA!!!!!!!

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
When I was little I used to love seeing rocky and bowrinkle. As I got older I just enjoyed watching it and the new floats all together.

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
There will be a giant balloon Elf on the Shelf and Trolls in the 2017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

The annual event in Manhattan, slated for Nov. 23, features a number of novelty balloons and "balloonicles" — balloon figures on bicycles.

With just a month to go until the parade that airs on television, Macy's hasn't released the lineup of celebrity performers. But it does list performing groups, including the nationwide group Spirit of America Dance Stars, Big Apple Circus and Camp Broadway, among others. The site also lists marching bands, floats, clowns and more.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image