Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Mechanical Snowman

Discussion in 'Looking to Buy' started by rodmonster, Aug 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rodmonster

rodmonster Santa's Personal Trainer MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

I have been looking for 10 years for a Mechanical Snowman to replace the one my wife had as a kid in the 70s. It’s a Poloron and stands over 5 feet tall. It is lighted and moves back and forth at the waist.
    I have come across 3 for sale over the years – the closest being 5 hours away.
    I am in the Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Southern Pa area.
    If anyone has one to sale for a reasonable price – please let me know.

2. rodmonster

Still looking...
    =(

3. SnowDog

SnowDog Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

I know it wouldn't be quite the same but have you thought about having an artist/engineer commission one for you? I bet there is someone very talented out there that could make something similar!

4. rodmonster

Yup.. already looking into an alternative... but would really rather track one down for her if possible.

SnowDog likes this.
  5. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Upload a picture of what you are looking for.

6. made582

made582 MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole MMC Lifer Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about the Snowman in this video.

7. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I agree, that is hard to find. I searched and could not find it on ebay, or mecari websites.

8. rodmonster

Been 12 years... and I finally found one.. Price is nuts... but to make my wife happy it will be worth it.
    I am traveling up on Friday to go and get it.
    =)

made582 and Bradmac like this.
  9. Bradmac

Bradmac It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger

Did you get it? Is it in good shape?

Good to see you again, Rod!

rodmonster likes this.
  10. rodmonster

Indeed I did! Just finished making a motor for it too so it will rotate back and forth! Looks great. Will post pics when I can. =)

Maebeary and made582 like this.