** MLB Predictions 2011 **

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD
My Mom is horribly disappointed in the Orioles this year. However, she says they'll be phenomenal next year!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I was thinking I put my picks on here at the beginning of the season. Guess not! But I wouldn't be doing well anyway... Both my teams - the Reds & the Padres are struggiling this year! And these late night Padres games (10:15 starting time in Ohio last night) are making for some long, sleepy days!! :lol:

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I am beginning to think the Red Sox don't want to make the playoff, their games have been absolutely miserable to watch lately, they can't pitch, they can't field, only Jacoby Ellsbury is consistently hitting, I picked them to win the World Series, if they are lucky enough to make the playoffs they will probably be gone in the first round. This is the most frustrating baseball season ever for me.

Reactions: 1 person

lauriebear

Christmas Royalty
MMC Member
Oct 11, 2010
New York
Well, as I wasn't active in the beginning of baseball season I missed most of this thread, I am a Yankee fan through and through (even during the long lean years of the 80's). I was please most of the year with their form and play was way happy for DJ reaching the 3K milestone, first Yankee too. I watched the documentry on it on HBO. I am of course rooting for my Yankees, it would be a nice ending for Posada as I think this is it for him and I have a sneaky feeling maybe Mariano too, a while ago he said once he reached his 40's he would stop pitching, I know he will be 42 in November but somehow I think with his # being 41 and his age I have a scary feeling he may retire - so being long winded I am hoping if this comes to pass that maybe they end the year with a WS title... Ahhh, I can hope & dream!

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
I can't believe I am saying this: Go Yankees!

(now I feel like I need my mouth washed out with bleach)

LOL, xmas365. That's the beauty of baseball. I was watching the Sox last night at the airport on my way home for a while. They are not a team that believes in themselves. Lose now or lose later, the result is going to be the same, I'm afraid for them this year. I'm not a Yanks fan but I respect them. Not al AL fan for that matter. But this should be a good post season.

Reactions: 1 person

CoJack27

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Oct 21, 2010
I'm a huge Diamondback fan and today's loss is a tough one to take. They should of taken of the lead in the 9th but I guess it wasn't meant to be. The future is very bright for Arizona. They have a bunch of top pitching prospects who will join Kennedy and Hudson next year.

I'm guessing Fox is not happy that the Yankees and Phillies are out of it. Imagine a Milwaukee vs Texas World Series. Could be one of the lowest rated series ever.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm a Yankees fan but I will root for the Tigers. I like Leyland.

usafvet

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
Hands down, the Texas Rangers are the toughest team remaining. They will beat the Tigers in game 5 (maybe game 6) and make a second appearance in the world series. I think the Brewers will advance, but regardless who won that series, I don't think they can match up to the talent of the Rangers. As a Rangers fan, I'm excited. If they win it all, that means 2011 will be the year that belonged to the Rangers and Mavericks. I wish the Cowboys would follow suit, but sadly, I don't think that will happen this year.

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
That's not a bad scenario, usafvet. I think the taste of things last year kind of put Texas on a mission. They lack the arrogance of Milwaukee, which would have me pulling for them if it got to that point. Which would be weird because I'm not much of an AL guy. But I got a feeling about the Cards....they've been there before and will be an obstacle.

Best case, in my view, would be a Ranger win, setting up a shot at a rematch next year between the Rangers and Giants.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I'm afraid the ratings is all that will be talked about -- but if you look back, a lot of the small market World Series games have been the best.

The best World Series I ever saw (IMO) was 1991 Atlanta vs Minnesota, not really a fan of either team but I was into everyone of those games. Just an incredibly played series.

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Agreed. That 1991 series was epic. Atlanta had some great teams and most of the time seemed to suffer in the World Series. But they always played tough. Back in the 80s I watched a lot of Braves because of TBS and to think of what they did in the 1990s was incredible. The Twinkies of 87 were a fun team to watch too.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image