Mother's Day 2012

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Okay everyone, so I'm curious, what will you be doing for the mother's in your lives this year?

Sadly, my husband has to work during the day on Mother's Day, but we're planning on going to a family style resturant that we usually go every year. My mother, myself, and my sister-in-law will all be attending, as well as everyone else in my immediate family. Our tradition in my family, is to get my mom and MIL a hanging basket for their front porches. I know it's not much, but that is what they like to get and we get it every year.

I am not sure what DH and I will end up doing, since he works and then I will work that night at 11. We will see.

Hope all of you who will celebrating have a wonderful Mother's Day and any of you have Mother's in your lives or a mother like figure, remember to wish them a Happy Mother's Day on May 13. They've been great to you and deserve a special, "Thank you!"

Reactions: 1 person

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
My son came home from college for the weekend and bought me a necklace!!! He also brought me washing but I prefer to remember the necklace!!!!!

Aww...that was very nice of him! Glad you guys had a great time, even if there was wash involved!

momnan30

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 15, 2008
Wisconsin
My mom passed in 2010...still hurts so much and DH's mom passed in 2005. I can't lie, it's a bittersweet day for both of us, but we try to remember how much they meant to us and made us who we are. Abraham Lincoln said, "Everything I am or ever will be I owe to my angel mother."
Our three children will have brunch and spend the day with us and that will keep the day happy since we now have our little grandson to remind us that life goes on!

Reactions: 3 people

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
My mom passed in 2010...still hurts so much and DH's mom passed in 2005. I can't lie, it's a bittersweet day for both of us, but we try to remember how much they meant to us and made us who we are. Abraham Lincoln said, "Everything I am or ever will be I owe to my angel mother."
Our three children will have brunch and spend the day with us and that will keep the day happy since we now have our little grandson to remind us that life goes on!

I'm sure it so hard for you and your husband both, especially on Mother's Day. I know how lucky I am to still have my mother in my life and I hope I have her around for a lot longer, but you just never know. I know it's hard for both of my parents to not have either of their parents - it truly is bittersweet. You have to always live each day to the fullest for sure.

Reactions: 2 people

merrymistletoe

Christmas Royalty
MMC Member
Nov 28, 2009
south carolina
on Mother's day here we get together & have lunch w/ my family & my b-i-l comes too(hubby's brother). we do not go to restaurants due to the crowds.
my kids SOMETIMES do something for me. for some reason my hubby doesn't do a whole lot, actually usually nothing, for me.

i do enjoy being w/ my mama though!

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
DH & I usually split up & go to church with our mothers that day. I take DD with me. We eat lunch & give gifts to our mothers.

This year will be a little different since we're back at our home church & don't want to miss a Sunday there! Our children's Sunday School department is having Muffins with Mom during Sunday School on Mother's Day. I told my mom about it & she told me to go with DD instead of coming to church with her. I hate that for Mom, but I want to make memories with DD too. I'll do that with DD, then go to Mom's for lunch. I don't know how DH will spend with the day with MIL. He hasn't thought that far ahead yet! Mom did show me something she liked on Saturday, if I can get a chance to get back to that store to get it, or something similar. I have a thought for MIL, but I'll have to see if my sister can order it for me.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image