Plans for Thanksgiving 2019

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Who has already made plans for Thanksgiving 2019? Will you host or be attending another person's gathering? I know Canadian Thanksgiving is in October.

This year I'm not doing my traditional meal. I'm ordering a cooked organic turkey with all the trimmings from Whole Foods. There will only be four of us at our gathering. My brother is 83 and his health is failing. We're having pumpkin and deep dish apple pies for dessert. I have some special treats coming in from Harry & David.

These days time is much more important than money for me. In past years I would cook for days and make everything from scratch, including bread. Faculty always had Wednesday and Friday of Thanksgiving week off but I took the whole week to prepare.

Times have changed but the spirit of caring and celebrating have not.

I'd love to hear others' plans for Thanksgiving.

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
We'll have our friends over for a prime rib dinner with garlic mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, wine and desserts.

Reactions: Solice

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
This year as always my home is done in christmas and we have many treats and baked goodies all around,my sister and ii prep some things the night before and we set up things for the following morning.About 4:30 am turkey goes in oven and we start the coffee as we bake fresh muffins and also put out a fruit basket also we have fresh baked coffeecakes.We get the main table set up for dinner as we just enjoy our moments together as we all make sure and watch the parade as we girls finish up dinner cooking.This year it's turkey,stuffing,deviled eggs,mashed potato's and sweet potato's,cranberry sauce,pickles,olives,homemade biscuits,peas,green beans,cauliflower-broccoli cheese bake and a few homemade pies and cakes.For drinks we have eggnogs,coffee,tea as we also have my grandmother's hot chocolate which the kids love.

Reactions: Solice and Dudley

WintersElf

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
MMC Premiere
Christmas Talk Alum
Jul 31, 2015
WinterWonderland -Florida
well well have 6 extra people this year..tho my daughter will be gone she was the main cook...guess ill be preping the night before..im sure its gonna be a nightmare this year...haha so total of 9 people...

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
:march:Our Thanksgiving dinner is quiet, just my husband, myself and my step son. Later in the day, we go to my nephew's for dessert. it's a great day!

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
We always celebrate Thanksgiving at our house.
With turkey and all the works.
And we taste the seasons first glass of eggnog!
I have also made the kids favorite snack: Pretzel Turtles

This year we will be only 9 people for dinner.
But I think some will pop inn during the evening.

Later in the evening we watch Home for The Holidays (my favorite TG movie)

Last edited:

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
There will be another couple joining us Thursday for our Thanksgiving prime rib dinner.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image