Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving 2018 MMC! When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Christmas and Halloween. As I got older I lost some of that love for Christmas and then suddenly got it back (hence why I'm on MMC every day of the year). I always loved Halloween though. But the one day of the year that has increased the most over the years as one of my favorite(s) or maybe even favorite day is today: Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving 2018 I just want to wish you all a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING. And with Thanksgiving being the earliest it can be this year (and the latest it can be next year) that means we'll have an extra long 370 day count starting tomorrow. We'll keep it going all year long here though. Look for the countdown starting on Black Friday.
But for today let me know how your Thanksgiving is going. I'll let you know how mine is. We are a half hour away from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
Let the excitement begin!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Macy's Parade is on. DVR is on recording it. Will be nice to go back and watch during the off-season sometimes. It's one of the best feelings ever when it's Thanksgiving morning and the parade is on t.v.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Thanksgiving to my MMC family, as well as all your families! We all have something to be thankful for! God Bless you all.1FF43C2E-3909-45F8-8AFF-EBE96FBA7B20.jpeg

Reactions: Minta and Edge612

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Happy Thanksgiving! I will join you in your countdown if there is room. Thanksgiving holds so many memories that cant be replaced for me. Just the smells of Thanksgiving Day is enough to trigger all those special memories. We are watching the parade waiting for Santa to show up, then the turkey hits the oven around noon. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I thought I might be only one who recorded the parade to watch off season . Good to see I’m not alone Happy Thanksgiving!
My brother "accidentally" said he deleted it last year. I told him I'm going to make sure he doesn't this year by placing a DVR lock on it lol. Hope you have a great day Rach!

Reactions: Minta and RachRon

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving! I will join you in your countdown if there is room. Thanksgiving holds so many memories that cant be replaced for me. Just the smells of Thanksgiving Day is enough to trigger all those special memories. We are watching the parade waiting for Santa to show up, then the turkey hits the oven around noon. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Welcome aboard CW. We will count it down all year together. But first things first let's enjoy this year's Thanksgiving. Hope you are going to have a great Thanksgiving Afternoon!

Reactions: Minta

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I become such a big Detroit Lions fan on Thanksgiving Day. I just love seeing them on t.v. 12:30PM every year at the same time. And they always seem to show up and play hard no matter what kind of season they are having.
Turkey came out of the oven golden brown at 12:30PM. Potatoes are being cut. Target time for dinner is 4PM.
I love this day.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Tough loss for the Lions but as usual they played tough on Thanksgiving. There's always next year.
Just sitting down at 5PM now to eat dinner. Last year was 6PM which was the latest ever. Target was more in the 4-4:30PM range.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
CLOSING THOUGHTS ON THANKSGIVING 2018

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I relearned today how much I love Thanksgiving. As I mentioned in the 1st post in this thread over the last 5 years I've learned a greater appreciation for this day than any other day of the year. I've already had plenty of one for Christmas Eve, Day and Halloween. Thanksgiving I feel is almost the perfect mixture. It's got the parade and the tradition of football. It's got one of the top meals of the year. It's also got something Christmas Day doesn't have. It's got the fact that this is just the beginning of the holiday season instead of the end of it. It's got excitement. It's got relaxation. It's got family and fun without the pressure of Christmas. I'm not knocking Christmas at all. I love it. I'm just relaying to you all why I love Thanksgiving so much.
And I love the whole build to it. I love November. I love the week of Thanksgiving. And when Thanksgiving ends? There isn't a ton of sadness like there is when Christmas ends. That's just another great thing about Thanksgiving. But whenever a day like today ends that I love there's always a tiny bit of sadness. However, tomorrow we will start on Black Friday counting down to Thanksgiving 2019. It's going to be hopefully a great 370 days of counting. An extra week to "build" to Thanksgiving this time and also gives us plenty of time to get excited for it.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Feel free to share how it was over the coming days and follow the fresh and brand new count that will commence on Friday morning.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Somehow I managed to not over indulge for Thanksgiving 2018. Now we start our march towards 2019.
Same here CW! Ate enough for sure but didn't "over-do" it. Maybe that has to do with getting older? But Thanksgiving 2018 definitely proved why it's worthy of a year-long countdown. And as you mentioned time to start the 2019 countdown!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 370 DAYS

Happy Black Friday Everyone! The day after Thanksgiving certainly is a lot less depressing than the day after Christmas isn't it? Because Thanksgiving and it's true greatness thrusts us right into the best time of year which is the hardcore Christmas Season. With that being said, the countdown is as large as it can ever get at 370 days. An extra week to get to Thanksgiving 2019 as it will fall on Thursday, November 28th. That is the latest it can ever be. But that's ok that just gives us an extra 6 days than a normal year to get excited for it, talk about it, and build up to it. I hope you have a great Black Friday as we begin the year long March to Thanksgiving 2019!

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
We make turkey dinners a few times a year but you never can quite catch the same feeling of Thanksgiving Day. One day last year I even replayed the Macy parade before we started dinner. 370 days seems like a eternity now.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I hear you CW. It's not quite the same. But it's nice to have the parade on DVR and to try to make a few Thanksgiving dinners. Still not the same...but still good to keep the Thanksgiving spirit alive all year as much as possible.
Would it make you feel better if I said 369.5 days now? :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 369 DAYS

Good Thanksgiving Weekend to you and yours! Thanksgiving 2018 may be over but the build to Thanksgiving 2019 has already commenced. How was your Black Friday shopping yesterday? Or are you an online shopper? Well the great thing about Thanksgiving is that it really gets this whole week. And it continues into this weekend. It's still Thanksgiving Week. And our count now dropped from 370 to 369. Just like that we're a day closer to Thanksgiving coming again. Thanksgiving Weekend plans here are for leftover turkey tonight and some more Christmas shopping! Have a great start to your Thanksgiving Weekend!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 368 DAYS

Good End of Thanksgiving Week! Our week in this thread is ending :(. Sad isn't it? But the count continues to drop now to 368 days today. Still far, far, far away. But it's fun to think about that we will be in this thread next November all excited for Thanksgiving to come. Leftovers delivered nicely. Quick thought for today I kind of like Thanksgiving being later than earlier. Your thoughts? That's good news since next year will be the latest it can ever be on the 28th of November. Enjoy the rest of your THANKSGIVING WEEK!​

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
I am behind schedule today, better later than never.
I agree with liking it later in the month, sad to say that dinner tonite will be the end of Thanksgiving 2018. I purposely this year held off on making any turkey dinners in mid summer (mainly because it was just to darn hot). It just seems sort of sad that having waited so long it will now bring it to a close.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image