Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 363 DAYS

Good Final Day of November! Sad that today is the last day of the month of Thanksgiving? We have to be a bit in this thread. This whole month is really about Thanksgiving for people like us. Next year it will be almost an entire month of build to get to Thanksgiving as it will fall the latest it possibly can. And then we'll have Black Friday and Saturday to wind down November. It's been fun though. November is almost the perfect month and including Thanksgiving as the main part of the month is a main reason why. We'll miss it but the count has now fallen under the 52 week mark. After today we'll begin the 11 month journey back to November. For now, I hope you enjoy this final day of such an amazing month. For one last time this year on the last day of November: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Last day of November and the official Thanksgiving month will soon pass us by.I really hate to see it leave this year.
I'm with you CW. When you think about it in terms of the trio of holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas) November is the 1 month where all 3 holidays sort of collide (leftover Halloween stuff, Thanksgiving happens, and the Christmas Season begins).

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 362 DAYS

Happy December! There are mixed feelings in this thread today as we reach December 1. Partially it's a little sad we have left November, the month of Thanksgiving. But partially we're excited because it's the month of Christmas and also our 11 month build back to November begins today! Either way you look at it, we're still enjoying the holiday season. By the way, with all the Christmas shows on, are there any Thanksgiving shows/episodes you like? I'd like to find a few. For now, you see the count has dropped to 362 days. Not too close to Thanksgiving yet BUT as I said month 1 of 11 begins today back to November. Have a great 1st of December!​

Reactions: Christmaswarlock

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Garfield Thanksgiving, Friends Thanksgiving specials. I run across a few this year I have never seen before. I will have to look them up and do a list.

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Garfield Thanksgiving, Friends Thanksgiving specials. I run across a few this year I have never seen before. I will have to look them up and do a list.
Would appreciate a list CW if/when you have time. Garfield is an excellent call. How about Charlie Brown? I liked the missing kicking the football part but I never felt that episode lived up to the Halloween or Christmas one.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 361 DAYS

Good Sunday 2nd Day of December! Our 11 month journey back to November began yesterday and today we continue with another small step on our journey. Our count start at 370 days and look at that we have already cut out 9 days from it. Nice start so far isn't it? And I have some Christmas plans today which is nice. But of course Thanksgiving will stick with me through this holiday season and beyond. That's what this thread is all about. Hard to believe Thanksgiving was 10 days ago now isn't it? Feels like yesterday in a way but seems like a long time ago already. I miss it! But let's keep the Thanksgiving spirit alive by having a great Christmas Season Sunday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 360 DAYS

Good December Monday! This isn't any ordinary Monday. It's a December one. And any December day is special here on this site. Yes, we have moved past Thanksgiving but here in this thread we never truly move beyond it. We just simply talk about it, think about it, and dream about it. And we've got a full circle rotation to go as you can see from the count as "360 degrees" or should I say days from now till Thanksgiving 2019. We went from 370 to 360 just in a matter of moments here in the Thanksgiving Countdown. Keep that in your mind today as you dream of all the great things about it. And have a great December Monday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 359 DAYS

Good 3 Weeks till Christmas! Unreal that we're heading closer to that big holiday. But in this thread our focus is Thanksgiving. And as you can see from today's count it's down to 359 days. We started at 370, went through the 360s and now we're into the 350s. See how nicely we've made some progress pretty quickly this year? We all love our turkey in this thread. We all love the cranberry sauce and biscuits. We all love the potatoes. We all love the gravy. And we all appreciate Thanksgiving year-round. Try to remember how amazing Thanksgiving is today as you try to enjoy your Tuesday here in early December!

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
So sad...this is an enjoyable holiday with family and friends.
I believe thats why I like Thanksgiving so much, its the memories of family and friends that can never happen again in quite the same way as they did in my youth. Just the smell of Thanksgiving Day reminds me of all those long gone days and family and friends that have been gone for ages now.

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I believe thats why I like Thanksgiving so much, its the memories of family and friends that can never happen again in quite the same way as they did in my youth. Just the smell of Thanksgiving Day reminds me of all those long gone days and family and friends that have been gone for ages now.
Waking up on Thanksgiving gives me better feelings than any day of the year (even including Christmas).

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 358 DAYS

Morning Thanksgiving Fans! We have a chilly and dry morning here in early December. 20 days till Christmas is crazy isn't it? But look at OUR count here in this thread. It stands at a much, much larger 358 days. Still that's ok because it gives us all year to talk about it and prepare ourselves for that most special day on November 28th. For now, I hope your Christmas wrapping and shopping is going well. Can anyone think of a better Christmas gift to receive than a gigantic turkey? Thanksgiving Meal Part 2 for Christmas Day. CW? Turkey or Ham for you for Christmas? I hope everyone enjoys their chilly December Day with dreams of turkeys!​

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 358 DAYS

Morning Thanksgiving Fans! We have a chilly and dry morning here in early December. 20 days till Christmas is crazy isn't it? But look at OUR count here in this thread. It stands at a much, much larger 358 days. Still that's ok because it gives us all year to talk about it and prepare ourselves for that most special day on November 28th. For now, I hope your Christmas wrapping and shopping is going well. Can anyone think of a better Christmas gift to receive than a gigantic turkey? Thanksgiving Meal Part 2 for Christmas Day. CW? Turkey or Ham for you for Christmas? I hope everyone enjoys their chilly December Day with dreams of turkeys!​
It used to be turkey for us on Thanksgiving and Christmas. That was until my mother instituted the tradition of prime rib on Christmas Day. At first, I missed the turkey. However, it was a sacrifice that I grew to LOVE!!!!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image