Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Work was awesome...I mean that. This is always my favorite day to go to work every year. There is a special feeling in the air because well everyone celebrates Thanksgiving. Not everyone celebrates Christmas and most people take off different times for the end of the year so there is no "Final day" of work before Christmas usually as there is every year for Thanksgiving. We had our bagels & donuts this morning. We hung out, talked and mixed in a little work. You could tell the feeling in the air was so unique. That's why I love this Wednesday every year. It's very special. I'm glad that I got to experience it again but I have to say it felt unreal because I remember doing this last year not that long ago. Hold on to your hats folks. Thanksgiving is HOURS away!

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Work was awesome...I mean that. This is always my favorite day to go to work every year. There is a special feeling in the air because well everyone celebrates Thanksgiving. Not everyone celebrates Christmas and most people take off different times for the end of the year so there is no "Final day" of work before Christmas usually as there is every year for Thanksgiving. We had our bagels & donuts this morning. We hung out, talked and mixed in a little work. You could tell the feeling in the air was so unique. That's why I love this Wednesday every year. It's very special. I'm glad that I got to experience it again but I have to say it felt unreal because I remember doing this last year not that long ago. Hold on to your hats folks. Thanksgiving is HOURS away!
By this time tomorrow night I will be comatose!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Happy Thanksgiving! WE MADE IT! It's here. Thanksgiving 2019. It's November 28, 2019. I just want to say thank you to everyone who followed this thread. Anyone who watched from time to time and checked in on the count as well as the small group of you hardcore fans who followed it almost every day for the last 370 days. I can not believe that it's here but it is. And I'm going to make every moment of it count. I hope you all do too. This is what it's about. I will be getting my Dunkin Iced Coffee here and putting the turkey in the oven. And then the parade will be on and everything will feel, smell and eventually taste like Thanksgiving. It's wonderful. It's a great thing. It's what we waited all year for. And it's here. To you and your families have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'll check in here several times today. And for those of you wondering yes there will be a Thanksgiving 2020 Countdown Thread starting this evening. But first things first. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Happy Thanksgiving! WE MADE IT! It's here. Thanksgiving 2019. It's November 28, 2019. I just want to say thank you to everyone who followed this thread. Anyone who watched from time to time and checked in on the count as well as the small group of you hardcore fans who followed it almost every day for the last 370 days. I can not believe that it's here but it is. And I'm going to make every moment of it count. I hope you all do too. This is what it's about. I will be getting my Dunkin Iced Coffee here and putting the turkey in the oven. And then the parade will be on and everything will feel, smell and eventually taste like Thanksgiving. It's wonderful. It's a great thing. It's what we waited all year for. And it's here. To you and your families have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'll check in here several times today. And for those of you wondering yes there will be a Thanksgiving 2020 Countdown Thread starting this evening. But first things first. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!​

And thank you, Edge for keeping the Countdown going! The days are long but years are short, and it is nice to have a thread like this to keep the spirit going!

Reactions: Edge612

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! But most of all I want to thank you for this thread the commitment you made was impressive. I enjoyed it all year while I only posted or liked a few times please know I was on here awaiting the update daily and I am looking forward to the 2020 version.. but first let’s all enjoy this great day Happy Thanksgiving!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
And thank you, Edge for keeping the Countdown going! The days are long but years are short, and it is nice to have a thread like this to keep the spirit going!
It was my pleasure. And you are right the years just go around so fast. Have a great day!

Reactions: Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! But most of all I want to thank you for this thread the commitment you made was impressive. I enjoyed it all year while I only posted or liked a few times please know I was on here awaiting the update daily and I am looking forward to the 2020 version.. but first let’s all enjoy this great day Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you very much. I didn't miss a day (somehow lol). But it was fun to be honest. When I started at 370 I remember you being one of the first people who told me you were excited for it. I'm glad you followed along. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Hope to see you in the 2020 thread later this evening!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
The parade was awesome. I DVR'd it so I can watch it fully again. I always have it on while cooking is being done and I went out for my run. But it's on. And now? It's on to the afternoon and my Thanksgiving team is always the Lions. Why? Because it brings back great memories of watching them at my Grandma's house on Thanksgiving Day while we ate in the early afternoon back then. Let's go Lions! Have a great afternoon everyone.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Well my Lions lost but they put up a good fight like usual.
Watching the 2nd game (Buffalo vs. Dallas).
Just about to be 5PM here...and just on schedule we're about to sit down for Thanksgiving dinner. This is the same time we did last year. Pretty good timing.
I'm hungry.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Dinner!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Thanksgiving Dinner lasted about 90 minutes like usual. Just a laid back, eat but talk, have fun, watch some t.v. type of evening. Perfect. Now it's cleaning up and then a little dessert. And then? Then I'll have some closing thoughts on Thanksgiving 2019 and some first thoughts for Thanksgiving 2020...and then you'll see the NEW thread open up in just a couple of hours. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Rich and RachRon

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image