Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

NutcrackerGeek

Eggnog Chugger
MMC Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kansas City, MO
In the category of, "Things about Thanksgiving you never would have thought of," here's something about Thanksgiving I bet you never would have thought of.

Why U.S. Power Forecasters Don’t Like Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is arguably a power demand forecaster’s least favorite day.

Holidays are always a bit tricky for grid operators to prepare for -- because schools and offices are closed and residential demand is less predictable. But Thanksgiving is probably the worst of them all.

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
CLOSING THOUGHTS ON THANKSGIVING 2019
This is my saddest and happiest post since Thanksgiving 2018. It's time to bid farewell to Thanksgiving 2019 and this thread. I have to say again thanks to everyone who followed it. I hope with the new thread more of you will post a little bit more often. Maybe we can top 1,000 posts in the new thread. Thanksgiving reminded me today what I knew all along. It is one of the top 2 or 3 days of the entire year. It's just fun. It just feels right. It's not as hectic as Christmas time. It gives you a chance to just take everything in and have fun, eat, be merry, hang with family, watch football, watch the parade and welcome in the Christmas Season. What an awesome combination Thanksgiving brings us. That is why I will continue by starting a 2020 Thanksgiving Countdown Thread in a few minutes.

I don't want to let go of today but we all have to eventually. And the best thing about Thanksgiving is even when it ends we're happy because we're in the Christmas Season. There's no sadness really after Thanksgiving ends. I'm so thankful to have been able to have spent this Thanksgiving with my family and friends. I hope that I'll get to do the same for Thanksgiving 2020.

I enjoyed all of the traditions of Thanksgiving. I have to tell you though one thing that I felt today was that it felt like I was reliving something. It didn't feel like the things we were doing today were done a YEAR ago. A few months ago? Yes sure. But a YEAR? No way. It didn't feel like it was that long. I think that speaks to how fast the years are going. That's scary. But it makes it even more imperative to enjoy every single Thanksgiving we get to experience and the journey through the entire year to get there. Every day is important. Not every day is as awesome as Thanksgiving of course. But you have to make the most of each day.

I loved today. It was a great Thanksgiving. I'm ready to move on and enjoy the full Christmas Season now. I'm ready to start the Thanksgiving 2020 thread.

Thanks again everyone. See you all on the road to Thanksgiving 2020 in a few minutes!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image