Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I like that they are falling on the weekend too! Even if it is just me sitting out on the patio and watching the world go by! Dusk will certainly be at different times, but I hope the fun will be there to be had!

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 168 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 143 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 82 DAYS

Happy June Warmth! What a morning it is. Why? It's Thursday! We love Thursdays here. It makes us all appreciate the thoughts, smells, and feelings of Thanksgiving Day. We have 168 days left until Thanksgiving. We have 143 days left until November. We have 82 days left until The Bers. We know that the 26th we'll reach for the 7th time later this month. That's going to be fun but I'm having fun here in the month of June as it is already. We have clear sailing now folks. It's just summer enjoyment and then the eventual arrival of The Bers. It's Thursday so let me make sure I give you the Weekly Countdown to Thanksgiving which this morning stands at 24 weeks. Indeed now we are closer to the big 20 than we are to the big 30. Hmmm that is definitely another sign of the times we are in this summer. Oh and now we await our friend CW to arrive and give us a special Thanksgiving video like he's been gracious enough to do every other Thursday during this countdown. Enjoy TODAY. Have a great June Warmth!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
24 weeks. Wow!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 167 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 142 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 81 DAYS

Happy Just A Friday! The sun is shining. The weekend is almost upon us. It's technically summer. What could be better? Seriously. Oh maybe these 3 things are still better than this time of the year: 167 days to Thanksgiving, 142 days to November, and 81 days to The Bers. Maybe those 3 things are better than what we have now? Huh? what do you think? They're awesome. That's why we count down to them all year long. And thank you to CW for once again delivering a bi-weekly video for us. Pretty crazy how he always comes up with something fun and awesome for us. We all appreciate it. I'll try to follow that up with a great poll next week on Thursday. So anyone else starting to get the "early itch" and dream about the upcoming Autumn/Bers Season? I haven't yet. I usually don't start doing that until after the 4th of July. I do love that day a lot too. Our next milestone will actually come 1 week from today when we bid farewell to spring. And then 1 week from tomorrow we welcome in summer. Changing seasons is definitely a milestone. Have a great Just A Friday!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I usually start by the beginning of August...I am ready to move onto the Bers...

Reactions: Edge612

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Mid-to-late July is when I have pretty much had my fill of the hot and humid days and am ready for cooler days and nights of Fall. I think I had a small flare-up of the "itch" though in March and April during the stay-at-home order.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 166 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 141 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 80 DAYS

Happy June Weekend! It's a beautiful Saturday morning out here and I plan to enjoy this weekend. But first I have to get down to business. This thread doesn't take a break or holiday for your birthday, the day after your birthday, any holiday, any week day or any weekend either. That's what we love about it though right? The counts are the following: 166 days till Thanksgiving, 141 days till November and 80 days till The Bers. Yes indeed we have a milestone next Friday as we officially say goodbye to spring. And then 1 week from today on Saturday we officially enter summer (which is the LAST season before we reach Autumn). How amazing is that? That will be fun for sure but I'm not worried about getting there. First I want us to enjoy THIS weekend which is technically then the last weekend of spring. And the weather certainly looks to cooperate. Maybe even cool enough to cook a turkey in your oven without dripping sweat off your forehead. Just a thought. Have a great June Weekend!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The last weekend of Spring, and what a spring it has been. The stay at home order started here on the 20th of March and things are gradually opening now, so I hope Summer continues on a better path and Fall will be herald in good tidings of comfort and joy by Christmas.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 165 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 140 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 79 DAYS

Happy Summer Approaching! The beautiful weekend weather continues here for Part 2 of the weekend. And these 3 counts are also beautiful. We have 165 days left to go until Thanksgiving. We have 140 days remaining until November. And we have 79 days still until The Bers. Next Friday we reach the end of spring which will be a big milestone as we change seasons next Saturday to summer (milestones). Oh yeah that will be the final season before Autumn. And summer will be the season that officially has us enter The Bers. See I told you summer is a great time of year. Look at all the good stuff it brings. Plans today include relaxing. Well that is part of my plan at least but I never rest all day. I may lay outside a little in the sun too and dream about The Bers ahead and all the holidays. That's always fun to do this time of year. I'm a little hungry so time for me to make my breakfast. I hope you all have a great day though. Have a great Summer Approaching!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 164 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 139 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 78 DAYS

Happy End of 1st Half of June! Another beautiful day here. What a way to start off the week. Just amazing. You can't complain about this weather. There will be plenty of dog days of summer ahead I'm sure but for now the weather has been fantastic in my area. You know what else is fantastic this Monday morning? The countdowns are! Here they are for all of you: 164 days till Thanksgiving; 139 days till November; and 78 days till The Bers. Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic for all 3! That's how you start a new week off. And on Friday everyone it will be a big milestone. We will bid farewell to spring (what a spring it's been huh?). And on Saturday we follow-up with another milestone which will be welcoming in summer. Believe it or not, The Bers start in late summer. That is amazing to realize that we're heading towards the season that starts it all. That's an amazing thing here in the month of June. Have a great End of 1st Half of June!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 163 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 138 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 77 DAYS

Happy 2nd Half of June! Yet ANOTHER beautiful morning here. I just wish we could keep this weather till October. And then let it get a little chilly. But don't get too hot. But I know it will. We have 163 days till Thanksgiving, 138 days till November, and 77 days till The Bers. 11 weeks from today is The Bers! Wow. That's a long time still but pretty awesome. Friday we will bid farewell to spring. Saturday we will welcome in summer. Back to Back milestones for us. But don't forget the day before that we'll have our bi-weekly poll on Thursday as well. For now, let's just enjoy Tuesday. Shall we? It looks to be another beautiful day here. And these days you have to enjoy. Anyone plan on any turkeys this summer? Or you keeping it special by not having it for such a long time leading into Autumn? I was thinking of apple cider yesterday for some reason. I love when we get that in the Autumn. Ok time to have a great day. Right? Have a great 2nd Half of June!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 163 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 138 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 77 DAYS

Happy 2nd Half of June! Yet ANOTHER beautiful morning here. I just wish we could keep this weather till October. And then let it get a little chilly. But don't get too hot. But I know it will. We have 163 days till Thanksgiving, 138 days till November, and 77 days till The Bers. 11 weeks from today is The Bers! Wow. That's a long time still but pretty awesome. Friday we will bid farewell to spring. Saturday we will welcome in summer. Back to Back milestones for us. But don't forget the day before that we'll have our bi-weekly poll on Thursday as well. For now, let's just enjoy Tuesday. Shall we? It looks to be another beautiful day here. And these days you have to enjoy. Anyone plan on any turkeys this summer? Or you keeping it special by not having it for such a long time leading into Autumn? I was thinking of apple cider yesterday for some reason. I love when we get that in the Autumn. Ok time to have a great day. Right? Have a great 2nd Half of June!​

My wife is going to make a turkey and a traditional Christmas dinner for our Half-way / Rudolph Day on June 25th. It is a grand spectacle at our house, as we even put up a small selection of outside lights and decorations for that special day/night. Since trying out a new smoked turkey recipe in January of this year, i think counting next week, we will have had turkey three times since Christmas lol. It came out fantastic and everyone decided that this would be the way the turkey would be done going forward.

You bring up apple cider, and i want to point out that I too have been craving it, as it is another sure sign that Fall is here. The farmers market up the road from me has it all year now just about, so i have been having to stop myself from going out and buying some, i feel like it's cheating. But i am considering going up and getting a jug to have as part of the festivities for June 25th. And i might add cider to my "mini Halloween", we will see!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 162 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 137 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 76 DAYS

Happy June Mid-Week! Another (yes ANOTHER) nice day here. I love this time of year. Do I say that often? It just is nice because it seems like spring was so chilly and cloudy. Now to be in sunny days with warm weather (but still not hot) is fantastic. And the following countdowns are fantastic as well: 162 days till Thanksgiving, 137 days till November, and 76 days till The Bers. Fantastic is the fact on Friday we bid farewell to spring with a milestone marker. And Saturday we follow-up with another milestone marker and welcome in summer (which is the final season before Autumn). That's going to be beyond awesome. I think that for the 2021 Thanksgiving Thread we start on November 27th I will have a whole listing of the milestone markers ahead of time. There just are so many we use here that there definitely needs to be an official list. Ok back to the 2020 Thanksgiving Thread. Here we are. And tomorrow is Thursday and a poll is coming. Have a great June Mid-Week!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image