Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 263 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 238 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 177 DAYS

Happy 23 Hour Day! Oh what a beautiful Sunday here it is. It's a little chilly early but the sun is shining and we should see temperatures reach into the 50s. Hey spring is right around the corner folks. These 3 things aren't right around the corner yet (thankfully). They are Thanksgiving (263 days), November (238 days) and the Bers (177 days). But we'll celebrate here in 12 days welcoming in spring and in 13 days the 250 day marker to Thanksgiving. My friends you may like this but every single weekend I go into the supermarket (I know big deal Edge who cares). Well there is this guy who works in the back and the last few years he helps me when I ask him for bigger turkeys they might have the weekend before Thanksgiving. Whenever I see him I think to myself "you almost ready to help me?" Of course, I would never say that to him as he may think I'm crazy but it would be funny to ask him that. Have a great 23 Hour Day!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
It would be funny to ask him that! There is a man at my supermarket that during November and December is clearly assigned to overseeing the "holiday" foods. The coolers and freezers of turkeys and hams, all of the displays, and all of the trimmings are his domain, and I think he loves it. Last year he helped me find two turkeys as close in size as possible, he was elbow deep in the freezer looking for a second 14 pounder! During the rest of the year when I see him stocking the "boring" foods, in my heart I believe, just like us, he is looking forward to another holiday season!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 262 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 237 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 176 DAYS

Happy March Week #2! We continue moving through the last days of winter. Next week we reach spring on Friday and we'll celebrate that. What else will we celebrate? The day after will be the 250 days window to Thanksgiving. That's in 12 days. Don't believe me? Check these stats out and pull out your calculators: 262 days till Thanksgiving; 237 days till November; 176 days till the Bers. Those calculators don't lie that in 12 days we do indeed reach the 250 day marker to Thanksgiving and then NONE of our counts in this thread will ever be closer to 300 than 200 (or less) ever again. Poof goodbye for good 300s territory. You'll be long gone. A beautiful weather day expected here today which means time to take a long lunch break on a Monday. Other than that I just will keep turkey thoughts in my heart and soul all week long. Have a great March Week #2!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
We're at the half way point to Labor Day!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 261 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 236 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 175 DAYS

Happy Double Digits March! Here we go into the double digits of the month. And here we go into the following 3 countdowns. They are of course 261 days till Thanksgiving. And then there's 236 days till November. Finally, 175 days till the Bers. All 3 counts moving along at their own speed doing their own thing and I'm perfectly fine with that. 70 degrees and sunny yesterday. Talk about a gorgeous day. And just a sign of things to come with spring approaching in 10 days. And in 11 days we'll also celebrate the 250 day marker to Thanksgiving. As we get further and further away from those 300s which have become just a distant memory. Pure joy if you ask me. I'm loving this time of year. And looking forward to BIG things in the next several weeks which include: St. Patrick's Day, Spring, April, Easter, and more. Those are all reasons to be excited for the next 3-4 weeks or so. And to be excited for today? It's not Monday! Ha. Have a great Double Digits March!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Another whirlwind of a day down...and mid-week to come. And another day closer to those 3 big markers above.

Reactions: Dudley

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 260 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 235 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 174 DAYS

Happy Moving Through March! Indeed we are moving through this month pretty briskly already. Look at our 3 countdowns this morning. We have 260 days until Thanksgiving. We have 235 days until November. We have 174 days until the Bers. All 3 counts moving. Of course in 10 days we'll reach the 250 day marker to Thanksgiving. The day before that however, we have the 1st day of spring. Oh yeah single digits to spring! I can't believe it. This winter has moved faster than most I must say. And then we will enter a wonderful season. Tomorrow I'll have a poll for you all. And I hope you'll enjoy it. It's tough to follow up CW because he gives such great bi-weekly video posts but I'll do my best. Be here for that. And please cast your vote! I hope you'll enjoy the poll tomorrow after you enjoy your day today turkey fans. Have a great Moving Through March!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Poll day tomorrow. Everyone ready? Another Thursday is almost upon us!

Reactions: Rich

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am definitely ready, and there is a Turkey Supper with all the fixin's at a local church so I looking forward to Thursday too!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 259 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 234 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 173 DAYS

Happy Dozen Days Into March! I'm telling you beware of this month of March. It moves fast. I remember that last year and it's already happening this year. We have 259 days until Thanksgiving, 234 days until November and 173 days until the Bers. It's Thursday so we also have to say our weekly count to Thanksgiving which is at 37 weeks. Just like that rolling along through the 30s with the weeks. And yes it's Thursday and it's my turn to give you all a poll this week. Ok so this week I came up with a comparison that I'd like your feedback on. This is a tough poll because I'm probably picking the 2 best mornings of the year and having you choose (or you could always choose a tie). But the poll is as follows:
POLL: Which morning is the best one to wake up on: Thanksgiving or Christmas?
A.) Thanksgiving
B.) Christmas
C.) It's a TIE!
D.) Some other morning of the year (i.e. Halloween, 4th of July, or a random day that you enjoy like April 27th ha!)

This is a tough one but I'm going to choose choice A. There's still something beyond magical about Christmas morning and beyond special. Christmas Eve there's an excitement in the air and there's a lot of other special mornings but Thanksgiving a.m. putting the turkey in the oven and the parade on t.v. and knowing the full Christmas Season is just starting is just beyond words so I'm going with A. - Thanksgiving. What about you? Have a great Dozen Days Into March!​

Reactions: DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am going to give the edge to Christmas morning, but this poll has me considering if perhaps I need to invest in some special pajamas for Thanksgiving Eve to see if that can even things out. Ha! But I do agree that Thanksgiving morning has a much bigger sense of beginning, which is magical in its own way.
61rbm3MSsbL._UL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I have to say C only because I can’t decide what a good poll question though ....
After I already voted I changed my vote like 3 times lol. I guess the way I would look at it is this: Which morning is "better" in terms of what actually happens? Christmas.
Which morning is a "better spot" to be in on the calendar overall? Thanksgiving.
The only problem with Christmas morning is that you know everything is culminating and will really wind down in 24 hours. Thanksgiving morning you know it's all just the "beginning" of the season. But I love both. It's just how you're wording the question really.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I am going to give the edge to Christmas morning, but this poll has me considering if perhaps I need to invest in some special pajamas for Thanksgiving Eve to see if that can even things out. Ha! But I do agree that Thanksgiving morning has a much bigger sense of beginning, which is magical in its own way.
View attachment 68074
Oh yeah "Thanksgiving Eve" is in my top 5 favorite days of the year. I love that day.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
After I already voted I changed my vote like 3 times lol. I guess the way I would look at it is this: Which morning is "better" in terms of what actually happens? Christmas.
Which morning is a "better spot" to be in on the calendar overall? Thanksgiving.
The only problem with Christmas morning is that you know everything is culminating and will really wind down in 24 hours. Thanksgiving morning you know it's all just the "beginning" of the season. But I love both. It's just how you're wording the question really.

So true and I am so grateful for both/all of them!!!

Reactions: Edge612

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image