Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 141 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 116 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 55 DAYS

Happy Summer Thunderstorms! Summer has those thunderstorms to cool you off but then the humidity just seems to spike. Autumn though? It gives you those cool breezes but still nice warm and sunny days. It has the perfect combination of weather. And these 3 countdowns are the perfect combination for all of us: 141 to Thanksgiving, 116 to November, and 55 to The Bers. They all look perfect to me and my eyes. And our next milestone will be on Monday when we reach the "Final Fifty" to The Bers. Think about that. I know that I will the rest of this week. And think about the fact CW should be posting a great video for us tomorrow on Thursday. We love Thursdays here! Have a great Summer Thunderstorms!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 140 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 115 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 54 DAYS

Happy Jumping Through July! It's a hot and humid day. But we have the sun out today which is a plus. If you're a Halloween fan check out my little comments on the Halloween movies being pushed back in the Halloween section of this site. Here though we're focused on Thanksgiving (of course) which as I told Coach I would choose that day over Halloween & Christmas. Here's our counts: 140 to Thanksgiving, 115 to November, and 54 to The Bers. Our next milestone will arrive on Monday with the "Final Fifty" to The Bers. That's pretty incredible. It's Thursday so here is our weekly count to Thanksgiving: 20 weeks. A round number. Where did the 20s go? Next week into the teens and next up CW will post a video today. Have a great Jumping Through July!​

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Found a good movie for today!! Get it while you still are able Thanksgiving folks. This heatwave kinda makes you glad its not turkey day. Try and keep cool everybody and enjoy our feature film!

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 139 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 114 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 53 DAYS

Happy Double Digits July! And now we're heading towards another glorious summer weekend (minus all the humidity). Thank you to CW for another great post and coming through for us in grand style on Thursday. On to our Friday counts: 139 days till Thanksgiving, 114 days till November, and 53 days till The Bers. I don't want to rush the weekend. I know you all don't either. But one great thing about this coming Monday is the "Final Fifty" will be here when we reach that milestone for The Bers. Who would have thunk we'd be that far along towards those glorious 4 months already? It's pretty incredible I must say. Anyway, it's Friday so let's gear up for the weekend. Have a great Double Digits July!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 138 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 113 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 52 DAYS

Happy 7-11! We made it to free slurpee day (or that's what it normally is but this year they're doing it a little different). And we are really into summer now. We had quite a storm yesterday but the sun has returned this Saturday morning. The counts have returned also this morning with the following: 138 days till Thanksgiving, 113 days till November, and 52 days till The Bers. Those counts return time and time again every single day. Our next milestone will be reached in 2 days from now when we reach the "Final Fifty" marker to The Bers. That is going to be a heck of a marker indeed. It's almost as hot as the sun is in July. Well if your plans this weekend involve a BBQ instead of a turkey I hope you enjoy it still. Have a great 7-11!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 138 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 113 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 52 DAYS

Happy 7-11! We made it to free slurpee day (or that's what it normally is but this year they're doing it a little different). And we are really into summer now. We had quite a storm yesterday but the sun has returned this Saturday morning. The counts have returned also this morning with the following: 138 days till Thanksgiving, 113 days till November, and 52 days till The Bers. Those counts return time and time again every single day. Our next milestone will be reached in 2 days from now when we reach the "Final Fifty" marker to The Bers. That is going to be a heck of a marker indeed. It's almost as hot as the sun is in July. Well if your plans this weekend involve a BBQ instead of a turkey I hope you enjoy it still. Have a great 7-11!​

The final 50 is going to be amazing. Especially since today we are exactly 3 weeks away from August 1st. Why do i mention August? Because once we arrive at August 1st, i feel its like looking through a window to see September 1st. Every day our view gets more clear. It is just a good feeling, knowing that even on August 1st, we still have to endure a few more weeks of horrid hot weather, but the end is in sight!

We have started having basic discussions about Thanksgiving dinner, which is awesome. Back in January my wife debuted a smoked turkey which was a huge hit with everyone. We decided then that we probably would adopt it as the official Holiday turkey from that point forward, but it was never decided. Well we made it official. The good news is she wants to try it a few more times to make sure the recipe is perfect (Which it nearly is, IMO), so we will probably eat some smoked turkey on Sunday, and in all likelihood one more time in September as we celebrate my birthday. By then our recipe should be nailed down.

This year i've eaten turkey more than i have ever eaten it in my whole life. For so long we had it as "Just a holiday" food at either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Costco had $5.00 butterball turkeys right before Christmas, and we bought one with the intention of trying out the smoker recipe. It was a great success so we kept going! And i felt ignorant because i had no idea you could buy turkeys at any time during the year, lol.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 137 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 112 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 51 DAYS

Happy Dozen Days of July! It's really warming up out there already. The sun is out. It's a good day to get a little tan (hopefully not burn). It's also a good day to explain where we are in relation to our 3 countdowns. Here we go: 137 to Thanksgiving, 112 to November, and 51 to The Bers. Does that explain everything to you? I hope so. Those are the 3 counts we all love very much and very dearly to all of us. TOMORROW is Monday. Yeah who cares about Mondays right? I do. Especially when we have a huge milestone which will be the "Final Fifty" to The Bers. Weren't we just at 100 days? Pretty incredible. Summer goes too fast for me. Let's hope the heat keeps it a little slower going forward. Have a great Dozen Days of July!​

Reactions: ballcoach

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
137! We're almost two thirds of the way thru the 100's in the countdown.
It's moving along a little faster every day. :)

Reactions: KimB and Edge612

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
The final 50 is going to be amazing. Especially since today we are exactly 3 weeks away from August 1st. Why do i mention August? Because once we arrive at August 1st, i feel its like looking through a window to see September 1st. Every day our view gets more clear. It is just a good feeling, knowing that even on August 1st, we still have to endure a few more weeks of horrid hot weather, but the end is in sight!

We have started having basic discussions about Thanksgiving dinner, which is awesome. Back in January my wife debuted a smoked turkey which was a huge hit with everyone. We decided then that we probably would adopt it as the official Holiday turkey from that point forward, but it was never decided. Well we made it official. The good news is she wants to try it a few more times to make sure the recipe is perfect (Which it nearly is, IMO), so we will probably eat some smoked turkey on Sunday, and in all likelihood one more time in September as we celebrate my birthday. By then our recipe should be nailed down.

This year i've eaten turkey more than i have ever eaten it in my whole life. For so long we had it as "Just a holiday" food at either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Costco had $5.00 butterball turkeys right before Christmas, and we bought one with the intention of trying out the smoker recipe. It was a great success so we kept going! And i felt ignorant because i had no idea you could buy turkeys at any time during the year, lol.
First, I feel the same sentiment towards August 1. Totally get it.

Second, I'd love to see that recipe. My Mom has talked about me smoking a turkey.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 136 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 111 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 50 DAYS

Happy July Teens! We made it to a new week and our next milestone. Let's look at the counts. 136 days till Thanksgiving. 111 days till November. 50 days till The Bers. We made it to the milestone known as the "Final Fifty" for The Bers. Can you believe it? I remember when we said 100 days till The Bers here on May 24th and now look? Half of that is gone. We better slow down time now. I think the heat and humidity may help in doing that a bit. Our next milestone? Well you can see in 11 days we'll reach the 100 day marker to November. How's that sound? I think it sound great here. But one milestone at a time so let's enjoy today's. This is certainly a big one for sure. Have a great July Teens!​

Reactions: Rich

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
First, I feel the same sentiment towards August 1. Totally get it.

Second, I'd love to see that recipe. My Mom has talked about me smoking a turkey.

Hey Ballcoach, i'm just seeing this, but i will send you a private message with the recipe!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I posted in The Bers thread, but wanted to put it out here as it pertains to Thanksgiving 2020:

Sunday i felt a REALLY STRONG Anxious / Excited feeling as i was laying on the couch and it just dawned on me that i was feeling "that feeling" when you start getting excited about the Holidays. Not that I'm not excited all the time through the year, but it is a distinct feeling when you feel the pang of anxiety / happiness / whatever you want to call it lol!

I feel like the magic is starting to build for me, i think by the time i reach August 1st i will be on full-throttle mode for the Holidays. Everything is coming along nicely now with the stores. Hobby Lobby is rocking Fall & Christmas stuff now and constantly adding to their collection. A good friend told me that Michaels' is now putting out Halloween stuff (Finally). And at almost the mid-point in JULY, i feel Happy. I'm hoping that this holiday season will be the best ever, I'm going to do my best to pull out all the stops.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 135 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 110 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 49 DAYS

Happy Almost Mid-July! It's warm today again but not as hot as some parts of the country are. I see those 95, 100 and higher temps. Keep them there. 85-90 is more than warm enough for us. And these counts give us a glimpse towards cooler days ahead. They are the following: 135 to Thanksgiving, 110 to November, and 49 to The Bers. 7 weeks from today we reach The Bers. How about that? And you know what our next milestone is right? I did mention it yesterday but maybe we could have a volunteer guess? Ok...I will tell you. It is in 10 days from now. It will be the 100 day marker to November. And 2 days after that we will reach our 8th "26th". How about that? Sounds awesome. Have a great Almost Mid-July!​

Reactions: cgmcav and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 134 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 109 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 48 DAYS

Happy Hazy, Hot and Humid! Yes it's been a warm and even hot summer so far. But we have plenty of summer to go. We also have plenty of counts to go. Let's look at them. We have 134 days left until Thanksgiving. We have 109 days left until November. We have 48 days left until The Bers. And we have only 9 days left until the 100 day marker to November. Indeed. And we have only 1 day left until our next Thursday and our next poll. Sounds good huh? I'll try to have a good one ready for you all. And I hope you will contribute as you always do. Everyone else I hope is well and enjoying the summer. But I know like me you are all dreaming about The Bers to come. That's what we do isn't it? Have a great Hazy, Hot and Humid!​

Reactions: DecemberisComing

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 133 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 108 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 47 DAYS

Happy Middle Day of July! It is really heading into the dog days of summer but hey it's Thursday. Woohoo we love Thursdays here. Let's look at our counts. 133 days to go till Thanksgiving, 108 days to go till November and 47 days to go till The Bers. I'd say all 3 of those counts look great in my view. In 8 days we'll reach the 100 day marker to November. I'll take that. That is the best overall month of the year I think. And most of us here agree. With it being Thursday the weekly countdown to Thanksgiving is now down to...19 weeks. INTO the teens everyone. Scary huh? Well here's a not so scary poll for you:
What's the best part of Thanksgiving Day?
A.) The Food
B.) The t.v. (football & parade)
C.) Family
D.) Other

Hmm I'm going with A...sorry to my family lol. But I mean if you made me choose to be with them on Thanksgiving and have less food I would take that. But the best part of Thanksgiving is the actual food I feel. It's a special meal. Of course I wouldn't want to eat it without my family though. What do you choose? Have a great Middle Day of July!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
19 weeks?!? Incredible!

This is a tough one, but I am going to go with A. The Food too. I enjoy the preparation and planning and the "pomp" of the day. I would not want the feast without Family but definitely think the food and traditional dishes are a wonderful way to celebrate!

Reactions: Edge612

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image