Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Hard to believe we're already halfway through July. As for the poll...geez...is there an "all of the above" option?

I will say that waking up on a cold November morning and watching the parade has been a yearly tradition, but recently it seems like it's becoming more and more about the celebrity performers and less about the actual parade. I would love to attend the parade in person one year (assuming we return to some semblance of normalcy) to enjoy all the floats up close and ESPECIALLY be there when Santa appears to welcome the Christmas season.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
This one is an easy one. E - All the above. :p
But if I had to pick one it would be C, family. I wouldn't care what we ate on Thanksgiving Day as long as the family was gathered together. My second pick would definitely be A, the food. :)

• Love
Reactions: KimB and Edge612

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 133 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 108 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 47 DAYS

Happy Middle Day of July! It is really heading into the dog days of summer but hey it's Thursday. Woohoo we love Thursdays here. Let's look at our counts. 133 days to go till Thanksgiving, 108 days to go till November and 47 days to go till The Bers. I'd say all 3 of those counts look great in my view. In 8 days we'll reach the 100 day marker to November. I'll take that. That is the best overall month of the year I think. And most of us here agree. With it being Thursday the weekly countdown to Thanksgiving is now down to...19 weeks. INTO the teens everyone. Scary huh? Well here's a not so scary poll for you:
What's the best part of Thanksgiving Day?
A.) The Food
B.) The t.v. (football & parade)
C.) Family
D.) Other

Hmm I'm going with A...sorry to my family lol. But I mean if you made me choose to be with them on Thanksgiving and have less food I would take that. But the best part of Thanksgiving is the actual food I feel. It's a special meal. Of course I wouldn't want to eat it without my family though. What do you choose? Have a great Middle Day of July!​
Food prepared by a family member other than me?

Reactions: KimB and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 132 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 107 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 46 DAYS

Happy 2nd Half of July! Unreal that we're in the middle of summer now isn't it? The heat is on it's way (not that it hasn't been warm and humid for the last month mostly anyway). Crank it up a notch just like we'll crank up these 3 countdowns (or should I say crank "down"). 132 days left till Thanksgiving, 107 days left till November and 46 days left till The Bers. That's 3 countdowns all moving ahead right in the correct direction just as I want them to. And that's how it goes always down in the right direction and we're heading towards a hot summer weekend. I honestly love these weekends. Thanks for the contributions to the poll yesterday. 1 week from today we reach the 100 day marker to November. Woohoo. Have a great 2nd Half of July!​

Reactions: Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 131 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 106 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 45 DAYS

Happy Mid-Summer! Here we go into a heatwave here in the northeast. Well that's what is to be expected in Mid-July isn't it? And these are the counts you would expect in Mid-Summer/July also: 131 to Thanksgiving; 106 to November; and 45 to The Bers. Next Friday we'll be happy it's Friday again right? But we'll also be happy because our next milestone will arrive with the 100 day marker to November. That's what we will all celebrate here and be glad about. And I know you will all join us for that. But for now we need to focus on this weekend. It's here. It's Saturday. After a long week we made it to the weekend. Turkey lovers know how to enjoy their weekends. I have faith in all of you to do so. Have a great Mid-Summer!​

Last edited:

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Edge, I think you meant to say our next milestone will be the 100-day marker to November (but I knew what you meant)!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 130 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 105 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 44 DAYS

Happy Surviving the Heat! Well that's the goal these days is to make it through the hardcore summer weather that we're into now. And these counts might help cool us off a bit: 130 days till Thanksgiving; 105 days till November; and 44 days till The Bers. All 3 of those counts will cool us off with thoughts of cooler and even chillier days ahead of us. That's nice to think about this time of year. As much as I love summer 95 degrees is a little much. But I'll still take it because I try to enjoy it thinking about when it will be 15 degrees out again some day. No turkeys this weekend. Boo. But I am having pizza tonight. I wonder how turkey pizza would taste? Ok maybe that's not my best idea lol. Have a great Surviving the Heat!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 129 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 104 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 43 DAYS

Happy Latter July! It's a new summer week folks. And a new summer countdown here in the Thanksgiving Thread. 129 days till Thanksgiving are left to go. We have 104 days remaining until November. And we have only 43 days still to get to The Bers. Our next milestone is only 4 days away as on Friday we celebrate that we will have reached the 100 day marker to November. That is something certainly to celebrate don't you think? I would say so. And I know many of you will as well. The humidity is high to start the day and the temps will only go one way and that's up. Ironically that's the opposite way of the way these 3 countdowns in this thread go. That should make you smile to start the heat week. Have a great Latter July!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I've been talking since the spring on here about having a "Faux Thanksgiving" where we will be trying off what we expect to be our 2020 official Thanksgiving food. Well we worked that out with my wife's family, and this SATURDAY, on Rudolph Day, we will be having "Faux Thanksgiving" with Smoked Turkey, and some other holiday dishes that we will be trying out for 2020 Thanksgiving. If everything goes well, this will be the official way that we will be doing the Turkey. It's never too early to start planning, and it is my feeling that once we hit August, the time is going to go by fast!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 128 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 103 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 42 DAYS

Happy Sweating Through Summer! And boy are we sweating lately. Well that's why we keep these 3 countdowns in our pocket to keep us cool all summer long. They are the following: 128 days till Thanksgiving, 103 days till November and 42 days till The Bers. That's 3 countdowns right there that are all doing well here in summertime. I do love summer but after a while the heat gets to you a little. Thankfully we have a/c. Our next milestone will arrive on Friday as we reach the 100 day marker to November. That is a marker I'm looking forward to because as much as I love October and Halloween we all know that November signifies so many big things to us. Have a great Sweating Through Summer!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 127 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 102 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 41 DAYS

Happy Mid-Week Mid-Summer! And to sum it up...we're having a heck of a hot and humid one! But look at our counts to cool us off in summer: 127 days till Thanksgiving, 102 days till November, and 41 days till The Bers. Those counts should all cool us off now. And they will make us all feel better in the heat and humidity of a hot and humid summer. Our next milestone? Um it's only in 2 days! Friday we'll reach the 100 day marker to November. Who's ready for that one? I am. And tomorrow is Thursday which means our own CW will post a Thanksgiving video for us. He's really helped us out here on Thursdays throughout the thread and we thank him for that as always. Ok folks stay cool today. Have a great Mid-Week Mid-Summer!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The uncertainty of everything is wearing and I am so grateful to have Thursday videos and surveys to look forward to!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
What's the best part of Thanksgiving Day?
A.) The Food
B.) The t.v. (football & parade)
C.) Family
D.) Other

D. The excitement that we're right in the middle of my favorite time of the year. If I had kids/grand kids I would say family.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image