Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 71 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 46 DAYS

Happy 2nd Half of September MMC! A beautiful but chilly September morning here as we enter mid-week and the 2nd half of the 1st Bers month of the year. It's game time now folks. And to prove it look at our counts: 71 days till Thanksgiving & 46 days till November. Does that prove to you it's game time? It's for real now! No more playing around. Our next milestone arrives on Tuesday as we say goodbye to summer and hello to autumn. What a turning point that will be. OUR season is coming. No offense to winter, spring and summer. But we know that is truly our favorite for many reasons including November & Thanksgiving are a big part of it. It's going to be a lot of fun. Have a great 2nd Half of September!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
You may be able to find past parades in their entirety on YouTube. I‘ve watched them in the past during the summer months and pining for that Thanksgiving day feeling. I’m planning on doing that this year if the Detroit parade is canceled.

You have just gave me a great idea, this is something that I think i will do on TOM TURKEY DAY, have an old Thanksgiving day parade playing in the background, along with one of the classic Football (NFL) games. That's about as "Thanksgiving feeling" as you can get!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
You have just gave me a great idea, this is something that I think i will do on TOM TURKEY DAY, have an old Thanksgiving day parade playing in the background, along with one of the classic Football (NFL) games. That's about as "Thanksgiving feeling" as you can get!!
This sounds like a possible idea for the 2021 Thanksgiving Thread...CW? Is it hard to find old Thanksgiving Parades to post on here on Thursdays?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 70 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 45 DAYS

Happy Apple Picking! Yesterday we reviewed the rules for Apple Picking and it's not bad at all. I'm glad we'll be able to go again. I love going every year. It will probably be at the end of the month. Now we look at our counts this September Thursday and we see 70 days remaining till Thanksgiving & 45 days remaining till November. How about that? On Tuesday we'll say farewell to summer/welcome to autumn. That will be our next milestone and it's a HUGE one because AUTUMN is OUR season. Since it's Thursday you don't need me to do this math for you but we are 10 weeks from Thanksgiving. FOLKS...10. Not 50...40...30...20...but 10. How? How? It's crazy. CW should be by with a video post today. Thank you for your contributions as always. Have a great Apple Picking!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Wow! Only ten weeks. It's gonna go by fast.

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 69 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 44 DAYS

Happy Last Summer TGIF! Indeed, the summer is ending and winding down soon. And the counts prove it: 69 days till Thanksgiving & 44 days till November. Our next milestone will come to us on Tuesday when we reach the amazing and best season of all (Autumn) and welcome it in. Talk about a great milestone. This is one of the biggest and the best but fortunately we have a great weekend ahead first to enjoy and bask in the glory of being in the wonderful and outstanding month of September. That's how I feel about this month more and more this year. It's just awesome. Thanks to CW for coming through again for us. 5 more videos CW and then we'll be playing it on Thanksgiving. Have a great Last Summer TGIF!​

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire
Oh to live in a place where I could go apple picking in the Fall. That's the dream right there. Someday...
The perks of living in New England - apple picking, pumpkin picking, and amazing foliage! But the downside is definitely our nasty winters.
:snowball

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Oh to live in a place where I could go apple picking in the Fall. That's the dream right there. Someday...

I live smack dab in the middle of farm country, there are apple orchards bordering me on almost all sides! It's a great time of year to do it too. This weekend would be great weather for it!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 68 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 43 DAYS

Happy Final Weekend of Summer! Believe it or not that statement is true. It is the final weekend of summer and these countdowns back that up: 68 days till Thanksgiving & 43 days till November. Wow both are moving along almost too fast here in The Bers. But hey it's been a heck of a September so far and fortunately we have these next 2 weekends in September to enjoy. And I for one am going to enjoy them. Next milestone? Tuesday. Be here to welcome in Autumn. Talk about one of the most important milestones there are. It's going to be an awesome time and fun day but let's not rush the weekend away. Enjoy it because these Bers ones are extra special. Have a great Final Weekend of Summer!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Because of the cooler weather today, I am suddenly just very excited for the Macy's parade, even if it's not a live event this year. I will give the "virtual" event a shot, and if it's not interesting then I'll just pull up an older parade on YouTube. I'm optimistic though.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Because of the cooler weather today, I am suddenly just very excited for the Macy's parade, even if it's not a live event this year. I will give the "virtual" event a shot, and if it's not interesting then I'll just pull up an older parade on YouTube. I'm optimistic though.
That's my plan. If it's really that boring then I'll pull up last year's. I have it on DVR saved. But I'm hopeful it will be a fun unique event and they will mix in some clips of the normal parade that we usually see.

Reactions: Rich and LadyLynn

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image