Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 62 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 37 DAYS

Happy First Friday of Fall! We made it to a Fall Friday. This is always awesome. Today's countdowns will be the following: 62 days till Thanksgiving & 37 days till November. Both counts move forward and TOMORROW be here for our next milestone as we reach our 10th of 11 26th. That's going to be a Saturday celebration for sure. I know everyone here is looking forward to that milestone. What a great September it has been. To be honest nothing has felt "not normal" really. And I'm glad about that. The power of The Bers has helped. And we've been making it the best that we can. That's how we have to continue doing it through this year. Have a great First Friday of Fall!​

Reactions: LadyLynn and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 61 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 36 DAYS

Happy First Weekend of Autumn! Today is a big milestone folks. It is our 10th "26th" and only 1 left to go before we hit the home stretch to Thanksgiving. WOW! And with that let's look at the exact official counts: 61 days till Thanksgiving & 36 days till November. Both moving along at a nice pace here in late September and early Autumn. Still a wonderful time of year with the most wonderful time of year to come. What a great spot we're in. The more I think about it maybe September really is the best month of the year having the big 3 still right in front of us while enjoying all the amazing things we have been in September. Apple picking was fun last weekend. Have a great (milestone) day. Have a great First Weekend of Autumn!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
These numbers are getting serious! I kind of don't want to acknowledge that the end of September is almost here, considering I spend the better part of the year pining for the arrival of September 1st, but it is a reminder of how CLOSE we are getting. One of these grocery runs that we make over the next couple of weeks will have to include our Turkey! Prices on them right now seem pretty good, I want to take advantage of that! Also, to get out ahead of the crowds, as it gets closer and closer to Thanksgiving!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 60 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 35 DAYS

Happy Late September Sunday! Ahh yes the last weekend day of September. What a month it has been. And these counts prove it: 60 days till Thanksgiving and 35 days till November. Folks the milestones are running thin now but we all know what the next one is. It's going to be a back-to-back one when we reach the Farewell to September on Wednesday and Welcome to October on Thursday. That will start the FINAL month before November arrives. Unbelievable everyone. I have to tell you I love all the threads on this site and all of you contributing to the ones I've started. But this one is still my personal favorite in our niche group here. Have a great Late September Sunday!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
:oops:

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 59 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 34 DAYS

Happy Waning September! We have 3 days left to enjoy in this wonderful month of September. A new week begins that will bring us to October. Let's look at our stats. We have 59 days to go till Thanksgiving & 34 days remaining until November. Wow both counts continue to amaze us with our next milestone arriving on Wednesday & Thursday as we say Farewell to September and Welcome to October. That will be a huge turning point for us folks. As much as we do love September you do know that it's like this amazing preview of the big 3. And they will begin on Thursday with October. And then OUR month is next. Oh man. Oh man. Let's slow down now. Let's take in each moment. Have a great Waning September!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I think this weekend is going to be the weekend that we buy our turkey for Thanksgiving. We have talked about doing it for weeks, while the prices are low, but I think this will be the time. My wife and I talked about wanting to get all the necessary Holiday food in advance because we have no idea what the stores will be like, if we will experience a second round of bare shelves this Fall. We need a Turkey and a Ham (For Christmas), so I'm sure we can get them both over the next few weeks. You are right, the BIG 3 is on its way!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
At this point November still feels far off to me, but looking at those counts....that's just SCARY. 59 and 34? IT'S SO CLOSE! Those days will fly by before we know it. Enjoy it and savor it while you can, y'all. I absolutely love Thanksgiving, but I want to enjoy the journey there!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 58 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 33 DAYS

Happy Next to Last Day of September! WHAT? September why are you getting so low on your days now? Only 2 to go. Well fortunately our 2 main counts that are left have plenty more days to go. We have 58 days till Thanksgiving & 33 days till November. Our next milestone is TOMORROW when we finish up our 10th month since Thanksgiving (September) and then the day after tomorrow (known as Thursday) we hit our next milestone welcoming in our 11th (and FINAL) month since November which will be October. Oh boy. It's getting real now folks. It amazes me how great September is though without one of the big 3 holidays. Absolutely fun and outstanding month. Have a great Next to Last Day of September!

Reactions: KimB and Rich

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire
I've seen the eggnog in the stores too, though I haven't bought any yet. We are getting the apple cider for now. :)

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Crockpot chicken and stuffing for dinner tonite with visions of sliced turkey and gravy dancing in my head!

Yum! The cooler weather sure brings on my craving for casseroles!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image