Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 57 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 32 DAYS

Happy Farewell to September! It's amazing that today is the FINAL day of September. And indeed it is a MILESTONE as we say farewell to the 10th month since November out of 11. Amazing. Our numbers look like this: 57 days till Thanksgiving & 32 days till November. We follow up a milestone today with another one tomorrow. Pretty amazing. We will welcome in our 11th and FINAL month till November. And it's a personal favorite of mine as you know which is known as October. I love that month so much. And CW will be here to post a video as he does every other Thursday. What better way could you bring in October than with that? I think it's going to be fun! Have a great Farewell to September!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Those numbers are looking slim and trim. Unlike me after a big Thanksgiving meal.
The time for feasting is nearly upon us.

And...
Only 12 days until Thanksgiving in Canada. ONLY 12!
Single digit countdown in three days. :oops:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 56 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 31 DAYS

Happy Welcome to October! It is another milestone folks as we begin my personal favorite month of the year. The milestone is WELCOMING the 11th and FINAL month since November 2019. Pretty insane isn't it? Our counts are the following: 56 days till Thanksgiving & 31 days till November. Since it's Thursday I'll tell you that we are now 8 weeks from Thanksgiving. 8 folks. Amazing. And now we are into this great month of October happy as heck to be there. Our next milestone is on Tuesday (in 6 days) when we reach the "Final Fifty" to Thanksgiving. But now we wait for our friend CW to post a video for us. Bring it on to celebrate October CW. Have a great Welcome to October!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Good Morning October!!

Finally got the Halloween lights up last night. I may add some more outside Halloween decorations, we will see. This was a first time for us decorating "outside" for Halloween.

Life is good this month. 31 days of Horror Movies on TV. Personal countdowns for this month are WILD. My CHRISTMAS TREE is coming out of storage in 24 days. And the Halloween lights will switch over to Christmas lights in 30 days. Just incredible.

Happy to be here in October, I really am.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 55 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 30 DAYS

Happy Frightful Friday! Ok are you feeling frightful today? I am and this is one reason why: 55 days till Thanksgiving & 30 days till November. Ok that's technically TWO reasons why with those TWO countdowns. Definitely frightful to me. October is a great month to feel frightful. But also a great month to love and enjoy. And in 5 days on Wednesday we'll reach the "Final Fifty" milestone to Thanksgiving. And that folks will be major so you want to be here for that. Thanks to CW for delivering yesterday as usual. Oh and someone at work brought up Thanksgiving yesterday for the first time really this year. That tells you how it is not terribly far away now. Have a great Frightful Friday!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
My wife peeled off the month long calendar that hangs in our kitchen (We meal plan), and I noticed for the first time, seeing it on the page, that November is indeed frightfully close. We decided that when we make our grocery run this weekend, we will go ahead and pick up the thanksgiving turkey. Better to be safe than sorry. I don't anticipate that there will be a second round of panic buying like back in the spring, but it will feel good to have this major item already secured!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Definitely exciting, at least 90% exciting but a little scary, so I will go 90-10!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 54 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 29 DAYS

Happy October Weekend! Oh yeah my favorite month of the year and it's the weekend now? What could be better than that? Well these 2 counts might be just a tiny bit better: 54 days till Thanksgiving & 29 days till November. Both of those counts might be better than anything in the world. On Wednesday we will reach the "Final Fifty" milestone to Thanksgiving. How amazing will that be? OUR FINAL "FINAL FIFTY" of this countdown. Folks it's amazing. It's been a fun ride but we still have plenty of time to go. Let's enjoy it all shall we? It's been a fun week so let's make it an even better weekend here. That's key. Have a great October Weekend!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Oh yeah, @Edge612, it's getting serious in here now. Final 50's are always great fun. We are going to set out later today to get our Thanksgiving turkey for safe keeping! Beat the crowd, hopefully!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The first weekend of October, definitely a highlight and I agree let's savor it!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 53 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 28 DAYS

Happy Autumn Sunday! I love Autumn. Did you know that? Of course you did. Well folks we are now definitely in Autumn as I woke up to 47 degrees this morning. Feeling Autumnal as are these 2 countdowns we're closely monitoring: 53 days till Thanksgiving & 28 days till November. I'm an October guy but I even notice that November is 4 weeks from today. I do not want to rush this month of October AT ALL. But I have to point out the obvious that 4 weeks from today we make the turn to the magical month of November (the month we've been waiting for in this thread). On Wednesday we'll celebrate our next milestone the "Final Fifty" to Thanksgiving. Have a great Autumn Sunday!​

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 63 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 38 DAYS

Happy September Friday Eve! It's Thursday folks so we have a weekly count to Thanksgiving (which is at 9) and a poll (which will be below). Our daily counts are the following: 63 day still Thanksgiving & 38 days till November. Our next milestone is in 2 days (that would be Saturday aka the day after tomorrow) with our 10th out of 11 "26th." It's been fun counting those all thread long and Tom Turkey Day would be today in the 2021 thread. Now on to our bi-weekly poll:
What do you eat on Thanksgiving Morning for breakfast?
A.) Waffles/Pancakes etc.
B.) Eggs
C.) Cereal
D.) Fruit
E.) Other
For me it's A. I make waffles every Thanksgiving Morning. What about you? We spend so much time talking about Thanksgiving Dinner and never bring up breakfast.

Have a great September Friday Eve!​
My eating habits have changed during the past five years. Lately, it has been eggs and a protein smoothie or salmon and a fruit smoothie.

In the past it was oatmeal with Greek Yogurt and a banana.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image