Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 52 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 27 DAYS

Happy October Week! We made it folks to a new week and a big October Week at that. Our counts continue to move along steadily. We have 52 days left until Thanksgiving & 27 days left until November. Both counts move along and in 2 days on Wednesday we'll celebrate the "Final Fifty" Milestone to Thanksgiving. That will be our "Final" Final Fifty Countdown in this thread. Amazing isn't it? Yes well that's just another reason to love this month of October. It's such a great feeling. And I'm so happy about it. This is the stuff we wait for all year long. We put up some Halloween & Thanksgiving decorations this weekend. They look great. Have a great October Week!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm looking forward to enjoying the first full week of October! I've pretty much been on dream street since September 1st hit! Being right in the thick of the best time of the year is the best feeling in the world!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Looking forward to the Final Fifty @Edge612!

Reactions: Edge612

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
It's really getting exciting now. I was already excited when the Bers got here, but now we are knee deep in them and enjoying every minute. I keep daydreaming about waking up on a cold November morning with some coffee and the parade (or a version of the parade) on in the background while we eat some donuts and kolaches for breakfast and begin preparing the food that we'll be bringing to the Thanksgiving dinners that we'll attend.

This year will be a little different, as my brother and his wife have insisted on hosting Thanksgiving at their house this year. This will be the first year that we have not had a Thanksgiving at my parents' house. The only thing is they live an hour-and-a-half away, so it will be a scramble to drive there and enjoy the first meal, and then drive back to make the dinner at my wife's grandmother's house that evening! And now there are talks about a separate gathering at her sister's house in Louisiana, so we might end up going to that one instead! It's very up in the air that this point - in the end we will probably go to the one with fewer people out of COVID concerns. But it's an exciting time nonetheless!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 51 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 26 DAYS

Happy October Jason! We are into the month of spooky stuff. I love this month so much but I also love these 2 countdowns like we all do here: 51 days till Thanksgiving & 26 days till November. You can see folks tomorrow is a major milestone day. Tomorrow we reach the "Final Fifty". Think about that. The last one. It's the one to Thanksgiving of course. And then that's it. No more Final Fifty Milestones. By the way I decided on my 5 day vacation starting Saturday I'm going to work on (and complete) the 2021 Thanksgiving Thread Milestones and ideas for it. I might as well while I have the time. I love the Thanksgiving Thread. Have a great October Jason!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 50 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 25 DAYS

Happy Week Into October! We are now a full week into this amazing month. This is the final month of course before the month of November. Today's counts look like this: 50 days till Thanksgiving & 25 days till November. We have reached a big milestone today folks. Which one? It's the "FINAL FIFTY" to Thanksgiving of course! Wow when we started we had well over 350 and now down to only 50. Pretty amazing. It's been fun but we still have the most fun days to go to get there. Right through the heart of October now headed straight ahead from here. It's all getting so serious so soon. Time to enjoy an October Wednesday. Tomorrow will be POLL time. Be here for that. Have a great Week Into October!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Wow, I looked at the calendar this morning to review dinner (We meal plan a month at a time), and I was SHOCKED to see November 1st looming large. Like, I know October is only a month away from November, lol, but seeing it on the calendar like that was alarming and eye opening. Usually two weeks out from a new month, I can feel my mood change. I don't really want to rush October away, but November is just so fantastic! All 4 months at the end of the year are fantastic. I will be honest with you folks and say that I feel the BERS are going by a little too fast, even though I have been trying to enjoy each day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
FINAL FIFTY! We're here! This is the time of year that I could only dream about back in January, and now it's finally upon us! I'd also like it to SLOW DOWN though...September came and went in a flash, and I want to hang on to my precious Ber days for as long as possible!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
FINAL 50 here we go! There's such GOOD STUFF coming! One of the things that I love about Thanksgiving and Christmas, is the movie marathons that we get. With October we are guaranteed to get a steady diet of Horror Movies every day, but one thing I really enjoy over Thanksgiving is the other marathons we get on TV of other types of films. I hope that maybe one day in here that can be the official topic for the day, of what kind of TV marathons are shown in the areas where we live. Or maybe if our families have any types of marathons, special movies that we watch!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 49 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 24 DAYS

Happy October Week 2! Oh yeah we're a full week into October now and heading into the 2nd week. Today's counts are the following: 49 days till Thanksgiving and 24 days till November. Of course, it's Thursday which means we give the weekly count here and that is believe it or not 7 weeks till Thanksgiving. 7. GEEZ! Lucky #7? I hope so. With that in mind just realize that our next milestone will be on the 26th when we reach our 11th and FINAL "26th" before Thanksgiving. I'm seeing the word FINAL appearing a little too often here! The poll for today? You'll see it below:
Do you feel ready for Thanksgiving yet?
A.) NO. I need more time (and thankfully we have it).
B.) YES. I wish it was TODAY!
C.) I'm not ready but I wish it was closer than 7 weeks.
D.) I'm always ready for Thanksgiving (365 days a year).

My answer is A. I'm not ready and I'm glad we have more time. I love it folks but you all know I love October and Halloween a lot. I'm glad we still have plenty of October to go here. Have a great October Week 2!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
For me it's A also.
I need to get a few practice runs with my new smoker before I try to convince Michelle into letting me cook the turkey this year.

BTW, it's only 4 more days until Thanksgiving in Canada.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I have to go with "A"! It feels like i was just settling in and enjoying the arrival of September 1st, and THE BERS, but yet here we are! I think i can still enjoy the October days that are left, while thinking about Thanksgiving!!

Reactions: SharonK and Edge612

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image