Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 46 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 21 DAYS

Happy Awesome October! It's a Sunday everyone. Football is on, the leaves are turning, there's a slight chill in the air and all is right with the world. And to prove that look at these counts: 46 days till Thanksgiving & 21 days till November. That is awesome right there. Both counts continue to look good right now. And we continue to move along at the right pace here in this thread. We'll definitely do something special on Thursdays for the 2021 thread which will include polls, CW videos and maybe an additional feature. We'll figure it out by then. Let's focus on the present for now. Will update those things though before we ever reach the 2021 thread so you know ahead of time. Next milestone is the Home Stretch to November in 11 days. Have a great Awesome October!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Once we get thru the most wonderful time of the year (the Bers), it's going to be fun counting down to the 2021 holidays. :)
Isn't it crazy how that works? We are still in the thick of the 2020' Bers, but yet it already comes to mind about next year's countdowns! It happened to me over the late summer thinking of Christmas 21' for some reason. I was imagining how it would feel on the first weekend of the new year, and I got those "jitters" that I usually get when I spend serious thoughts on Christmas / Fall, etc.. And then last week I got that same way with Halloween. We sure are going to have fun counting them down. That's how you know something is special.

SharonK

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Lifer
Jun 23, 2019
Ontario Canada
I just really want to enjoy the upcoming holidays and every minute of the rest of the Ber Months. It's our Thanksgiving this weekend so after this I will really be focusing on Christmas.! I love the build up to the season.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Isn't it crazy how that works? We are still in the thick of the 2020' Bers, but yet it already comes to mind about next year's countdowns! It happened to me over the late summer thinking of Christmas 21' for some reason. I was imagining how it would feel on the first weekend of the new year, and I got those "jitters" that I usually get when I spend serious thoughts on Christmas / Fall, etc.. And then last week I got that same way with Halloween. We sure are going to have fun counting them down. That's how you know something is special.
Alot like it being the 1st week of December and it runs through your head that Christmas is almost over with.

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 45 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 20 DAYS

Happy Dozen Days of October! We are now into Columbus Day. For some it's a holiday while for others it's just another work day. No matter the countdown here takes NO holidays. 365 days a year (366 this year) we post the countdown. It is as follows: 45 days till Thanksgiving & 20 days till November. Well folks in 10 days we'll be down to the "Home Stretch" to November. How's that sound? That will be when we reach 10 days till November. I say that is going to be a heck of a moment here. We will all look forward to it for sure. But let's look forward to today. It's a rainy one here. But it's a BERS Day still. That's what counts. Have a great Dozen Days of October!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends! I am definitely enjoying a Monday off here and am looking forward to having 45 days to look forward to our own Turkey Day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 45 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 20 DAYS

Happy Dozen Days of October! We are now into Columbus Day. For some it's a holiday while for others it's just another work day. No matter the countdown here takes NO holidays. 365 days a year (366 this year) we post the countdown. It is as follows: 45 days till Thanksgiving & 20 days till November. Well folks in 10 days we'll be down to the "Home Stretch" to November. How's that sound? That will be when we reach 10 days till November. I say that is going to be a heck of a moment here. We will all look forward to it for sure. But let's look forward to today. It's a rainy one here. But it's a BERS Day still. That's what counts. Have a great Dozen Days of October!​

Today really is a great BERS day. Cool at 59 degrees, and showers off and on. A great evening to lounge around the house when i get home from work! It seems like my excitement for November grows more and more, especially as we are nearing the mid-point of October. But i don't want to wish October away just yet!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 44 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 19 DAYS

Happy Festive October! It feels festive out there doesn't it? The weather really felt Fall-like yesterday and even today. A chill out there with some showers. But in here? We're dry. Inside and posting in the Thanksgiving 2020 Thread we see the following countdowns: 44 days till Thanksgiving & 19 days till November. Yep those countdowns are dry and not getting wet in here but they are getting lower. And our next milestone is in 9 days when we reach the "Home Stretch" to November. That will be HUGE as we will be riding right towards one of my personal favorites known as Halloween. Have a great Festive October!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 43 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 18 DAYS

Happy Heart of October! Yeah we're almost smack into the middle of this special month we all love. And 2 things we love are the following counts: 43 days till Thanksgiving & 18 days till November. In 8 days we'll reach the next milestone of the "Home Stretch" to November as we reach 10 days. Yikes. Tomorrow folks we will call upon CW to post a video for us. We're thankful when he does aren't we? And the polls will stay for your info...the people of this thread have spoken so for 2021 we'll continue with polls (I'm still debating on whether to keep them only as Thanksgiving polls or mix in other polls involving "The Bers" since we count down to that too). Have a great Heart of October!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Still haven't ironed out details regarding where we'll be this Thanksgiving. About the only certainty so far is that I'll be making mac and cheese! My brother and his wife desperately want to host Thanksgiving at their place this year, and we were set on going there, but the travel time is an issue (we have to get back in enough time to go to Thanksgiving on my wife's side), and they have a cat and a dog that my wife is allergic to, so if we do end up going there, we will not get to stay long at all, because my wife will be swollen and puffy and itchy before the food is even on the table.

As for my wife's side, there are no concrete plans yet. It's either going to be at her grandmother's, or her aunt's, or we might drive to Lake Charles to have Thanksgiving with her sister.

I am usually a person who likes to plan ahead, so all of this uncertainty is giving me anxiety!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Still haven't ironed out details regarding where we'll be this Thanksgiving. About the only certainty so far is that I'll be making mac and cheese! My brother and his wife desperately want to host Thanksgiving at their place this year, and we were set on going there, but the travel time is an issue (we have to get back in enough time to go to Thanksgiving on my wife's side), and they have a cat and a dog that my wife is allergic to, so if we do end up going there, we will not get to stay long at all, because my wife will be swollen and puffy and itchy before the food is even on the table.

As for my wife's side, there are no concrete plans yet. It's either going to be at her grandmother's, or her aunt's, or we might drive to Lake Charles to have Thanksgiving with her sister.

I am usually a person who likes to plan ahead, so all of this uncertainty is giving me anxiety!

I also like to plan ahead. We are having just a few immediate family (14 of us) and we will all wear masks except when we eat. We will social distance especially around my medically fragile husband, but he is so ill, we don't want to not have that time with him.

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 42 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 17 DAYS

Happy Autumn October! 2 of my favorite words combined! Oh and 2 of my favorite words are above here with the countdowns. Thanksgiving & November! The counts are as follows: 42 days till Thanksgiving & 17 days till November. As promised, I worked on the 2021 countdown while I was off on vacation and I am having a friend here review it for me also with an added couple of ideas to it. I'll let you all know soon when it's finalized. But our focus here is on Thanksgiving 2020. It's Thursday so our weekly count to Thanksgiving has dropped to a 6-pack folks. Our next milestone is in 7 days (or 1 week) as we hit the "Home Stretch" to November with a poll. Today we have our friend CW posting a video for us. Something to look forward to. Have a great Autumn October!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
It makes me happy to see so many of us on here already "thinking ahead" to 2021 even though we still are enjoying THIS season. I know I do it with Christmas 24/7, and The Bers / Fall. Tom Turkey Day is really going to add so much to my life. I can't wait.

Speaking of THIS Thanksgiving, after procrastinating so much over the past few weeks, either tomorrow or Saturday morning I am buying the Turkey for this Thanksgiving. I'm making sure to do it. And then next week, I will buy a spiral Ham for Christmas. Even though we are accumulating Martin's points to get a Free Turkey or Ham, that just means that we will end up having more than one of something when it is time! I'll save it in the freezer for a Rudolph Day, or a special Tom Turkey Day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 43 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 18 DAYS

Happy Heart of October! Yeah we're almost smack into the middle of this special month we all love. And 2 things we love are the following counts: 43 days till Thanksgiving & 18 days till November. In 8 days we'll reach the next milestone of the "Home Stretch" to November as we reach 10 days. Yikes. Tomorrow folks we will call upon CW to post a video for us. We're thankful when he does aren't we? And the polls will stay for your info...the people of this thread have spoken so for 2021 we'll continue with polls (I'm still debating on whether to keep them only as Thanksgiving polls or mix in other polls involving "The Bers" since we count down to that too). Have a great Heart of October!​
Mix both the Bers and Thanksgiving into your polls. I think that will give us some great variety.

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 41 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 16 DAYS

Happy Middle Day of October! Indeed we are into the middle of the wonderful month of October now. Boy oh boy. Who's ready for the weekend? Ok well who's ready for the counts? We have 41 days left until Thanksgiving & 16 days remaining until November. Just like that we're moving along into a Friday here. Our next milestone will be in 6 days on Thursday of next week when we reach the "Home Stretch" to November. Pretty incredible stuff but I for one want to stay in October forever (at least right now that's how I feel). The list is done for 2021. I wanted it done early and I think you will all love it. But no need to discuss it now. Let's focus on what we should be focused on...2020. Have a great Middle Day of October!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image