Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I think not having the regular Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV this year is starting to put a damper on my Thanksgiving Spirit. I feel less excited this year than any I can remember. I sure hope that changes come November 1st. :confused:

Anyone else feeling this way?

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Thanksgiving is starting to get a "different" vibe, but IMO it is still a good one. The Holiday Season is always good. I know all of of us here are going to try and go above and beyond to do everything we can to make this Holiday Season a good one.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I think not having the regular Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV this year is starting to put a damper on my Thanksgiving Spirit. I feel less excited this year than any I can remember. I sure hope that changes come November 1st. :confused:

Yes, yes yes. So let's have a little Thanksgiving Day parade on this thread. We can each post our favorite band/float/performance/balloon, etc. Ha. Ha.

• Haha
Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

I will have it on this year...the presentation and hope for the best. If it's not that great I'll put on last year's since I have it saved on my DVR.

Reactions: Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 37 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 12 DAYS

Happy Latter October! Oh wow it's the 20th of the month of October now. We better look closely at our countdowns. We have 37 days remaining until Thanksgiving & 12 days left to go until November. In 2 days on Thursday we'll reach the "Home Stretch" to November and do so in style as we bring to you a special Thanksgiving poll. It's going to be a fun one I hope and hope you will all participate. But we have today first which is Tuesday and we know there's no need nor desire to rush this month of October. Let's all take in today and enjoy it. The weather is nice here not too hot and not too cold this time of year. Have a great Latter October!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 37 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 12 DAYS

Happy Latter October! Oh wow it's the 20th of the month of October now. We better look closely at our countdowns. We have 37 days remaining until Thanksgiving & 12 days left to go until November. In 2 days on Thursday we'll reach the "Home Stretch" to November and do so in style as we bring to you a special Thanksgiving poll. It's going to be a fun one I hope and hope you will all participate. But we have today first which is Tuesday and we know there's no need nor desire to rush this month of October. Let's all take in today and enjoy it. The weather is nice here not too hot and not too cold this time of year. Have a great Latter October!​
It's hard @Edge612 to not want to rush October, especially since there is even more great stuff just right up ahead. But you are right. I love October, to wish it away wouldn't be right. We all know that there will come a time, that is unfortunately sooner than we would like, where we will miss the feel and ambience of October. I know me personally, I get "the feels" in the off-season for THE BERS almost as much as I do Christmas. That's why I'm really looking for TOM TURKEY DAY to boost my spirits, when it is time. And I really think that it will!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
October still has two more weekends to enjoy. I will enjoy them to the fullest. But November is right behind it and will bring with it one of our favorite holidays. Thanksgiving! That's just a little over five weeks away. That means my Christmas tree will go up in 5 weeks. Probably five weeks from today. I'm looking forward to that week off work with Michelle and Austin.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Unfortunately, yes. As you guys know from the Halloween thread I'm still in shell-shock from the fact that ABC will no longer be airing the Peanuts holiday TV specials...but you know what? There are other holiday specials to enjoy, and I'll just buy Peanuts on Blu-ray when I get the chance. Also, if the parade doesn't work out this year, I will make do some other way. I gave myself yesterday to be depressed about it, so now I'm trying to put my best foot forward.

The lack of a "real" parade is indeed a bummer, but I'm still hopeful for what they've come up with. If I don't like it, I'll put on an older parade from YouTube and roll with it, and pray that next year we don't have to worry about COVID so that the real parade can make a grand comeback.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 36 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 11 DAYS

Happy October Mid-Week! Oh yeah we're at Wednesday now. I'm trying to enjoy every moment this week and so far it's been successful for the first 2 days of the week. Now on to Wednesday and on to our counts: 36 days till Thanksgiving & 11 days till November. Folks, TOMORROW we reach a major milestone as the "Home Stretch" to November arrives with a special poll. And in honor of the milestone being the home stretch to November the poll will be about November overall. You'll see it here tomorrow so be here. And we'll celebrate that big milestone together. Pretty awesome feelings right now here in October folks. Such a tremendous month. Have a great October Mid-Week!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
This morning in particular I am really craving November. I stepped outside and the cool weather made it almost feel like a November morning, but it wasn't quite chilly enough. We'll get there soon enough. Right now I just want to enjoy October. These Ber months are racing by, and I'll miss them once they're over.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
This morning in particular I am really craving November. I stepped outside and the cool weather made it almost feel like a November morning, but it wasn't quite chilly enough. We'll get there soon enough. Right now I just want to enjoy October. These Ber months are racing by, and I'll miss them once they're over.
But missing them is how we know they are so special. From January - about May, my brain is 100% on wishing for Christmas mode. But when we get close to Memorial Day and I realize that we have begun our 3 month journey towards THE BERS, my brain goes 25% Fall / 75% Christmas. When Halloween passes, it will obviously be 100% Christmas mode again for me, but i really do try and enjoy every day / moment of these last 4 months of the year, because as you said, we will indeed miss them soon enough.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 35 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 10 DAYS

Happy Overly October! Today is a Thursday folks and a MILESTONE one at at that. Let's get right to it. We have 35 days remaining until Thanksgiving & 10 days to go until Halloween. Today we have reached the HOME STRETCH TO NOVEMBER! Hard to believe isn't it? Well it's serious. And let me tell you the weekly count to Thanksgiving sits at 5 now. Oh boy. Our next milestone will happen on Monday as we reach our 11th (and final) 26th before Thanksgiving. And we will retire that milestone as we move on to bigger and better things in 2021 with "Tom Turkey Day". The poll for this week is as follows:
How would you rank the following things that happen in November?
Thanksgiving Eve, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Thanksgiving Weekend

For me it would be: Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Eve, Black Friday, Thanksgiving Weekend.
That's the order I would put them in. How about you? Notice how they're all 5 days in a row. It's amazing that stretch...maybe the most amazing stretch of the year. Let us know your response. Have a great Overly October!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
My order:
  1. Thanksgiving Day
  2. Black Friday
  3. Thanksgiving Weekend
  4. Thanksgiving Eve
It truly is an amazing 5 day stretch I look forward to each year.

HAPPY MILESTONE DAY!!!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image