Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I agree, this is an exciting week and I plan to fill each day with some fun preparation, and then to embrace the next two months and savor it all. And it definitely needs to slow down, October is flying by, but this week kicks off the holiday season!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Halloween is VERY close.
November is REALLY close.
And Thanksgiving is getting CLOSER.

This is the most wonderful time of the year! :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 31 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 6 DAYS

Happy Halloween Week! Oh yeah folks this is a major week. Every Monday we start a new beginning but today? We have an ultimate beginning to a special week. It's Halloween Week! I can't believe it. But I can't believe the following counts either: 31 days till Thanksgiving & 6 days till November. And believe it or not today is another MILESTONE. We have reached our 11th and FINAL "26th" of the countdown. 11 down and 0 to go. The next time we reach a 26th it will be Thanksgiving Day. Now stop and think about that for a moment. Let that hit you in the best way possible Thanksgiving Fans. No more 26ths stand between us and turkey day. Have a great Halloween Week!​

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire
It's SO close! Part of me wants to 2020 to leave ASAP and another part of me wants it to slow down.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I really can't believe how fast time has flown by since we hit the Bers. It is crazy to me that we're already staring November in the face. Part of me is ready for it to get here, but the other part of me is not ready to part with October yet.

Is it just me or does the entire feeling change once we hit November? There's a sudden halt on all spooky stuff and the next day we're already in pre-Winter/Christmas mode? Not saying that it's a bad thing...but the shift is jarring.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Driving in to work this morning had a really Thanksgiving-like vibe to it. I think it is the cold weather and the fall colors. That drive felt exactly like how it is when it is either the day before, or after. That morning drive should also be a lot more festive after Saturday, because if past years are any indication, by Monday 11/2, we SHOULD have 24/7 Christmas music on our local radio then. If not, I've got the playlist from what they played last season, that my wife finished downloading for me earlier this year!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I really can't believe how fast time has flown by since we hit the Bers. It is crazy to me that we're already staring November in the face. Part of me is ready for it to get here, but the other part of me is not ready to part with October yet.

Is it just me or does the entire feeling change once we hit November? There's a sudden halt on all spooky stuff and the next day we're already in pre-Winter/Christmas mode? Not saying that it's a bad thing...but the shift is jarring.
Yes. While we're sleeping a switch will be thrown in the middle of the night Saturday and the whole world will be in Christmas mode while still anticipating the coming of Thanksgiving. It's a whole different feeling overnight. And I can't wait!!! :)

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Yes. While we're sleeping a switch will be thrown in the middle of the night Saturday and the whole world will be in Christmas mode while still anticipating the coming of Thanksgiving. It's a whole different feeling overnight. And I can't wait!!! :)
A few years ago, I had a conference at Disney World the first week of November so we went a few days early so we could enjoy the parks and we went on the 31st and it was all Halloween and then we went on November 1 and it was totally Christmas, not a hint of Halloween. It really was like a switch was thrown in the night.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
A few years ago, I had a conference at Disney World the first week of November so we went a few days early so we could enjoy the parks and we went on the 31st and it was all Halloween and then we went on November 1 and it was totally Christmas, not a hint of Halloween. It really was like a switch was thrown in the night.
Wow! That had to be so cool.

Reactions: Edge612

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I can't believe we have reached the 11th 26th!!! It is exciting but I need to finalize my lists and start focusing on the to-dos for each week!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 30 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 5 DAYS

Happy Spooky Tuesday! Things are getting spooky this week because it's Halloween Week. And speaking of Halloween that is actually our next milestone well this Halloween Weekend will be because on Sunday folks...we'll reach November. Believe it or not that's our next milestone...the finale of our November countdown on November 1 on Sunday. Then? We'll be left with only 1 of the original 3 countdowns left. Oh man. That is just crazy. I always feel October moves too fast. For some reason September seems to go slower. Well we'll figure that out but let's enjoy today and the rest of this October Week. We got time left. Countdowns are the following: 30 days till Thanksgiving & 5 days till November. Just like that you see the November countdown winding down slowly (or not slowly) but surely. Have a great Spooky Tuesday!​

Reactions: DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I can't believe after today we are going to be in the 20s until Thanksgiving! Exciting but I am going to enjoy these last few days of October!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 29 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 4 DAYS

Happy Halloween Mid-Week! Oh yeah folks we're into the middle of Halloween Week. We are all excited for this great final stretch of October. And we are excited for the above countdowns which correspond to what follows Halloween: 29 days till Thanksgiving & 4 days till November. Our next milestone is on Sunday and it is the November 2020 marker. We will have reached the milestone of reaching the end of our 2nd of 3 countdowns. Oh boy how do you feel about that? Are you all ready for it? It's only 4 days away now. And I can't believe we will reach November THIS WEEKEND. That's just hard to believe but it is indeed true. Have a great Halloween Mid-Week!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I think the Bers are going by way too fast. It is hard to believe that November is just 4 days away. I've been back and forth for a while now wondering if I should want these times to go by fast, or if I should hope to slow them down some. I have ultimately decided that I am content with having the holidays go by fast, because each day that speeds by is a day closer to all of us finally being able to stamp down the pandemic, since we are only months away, possibly sooner, from the first round of vaccines that are finally going to enable us to start leaving the worst behind us.

Just knowing that, i think already makes the 2021 Holiday Season a big deal. Just think about it folks, think about how happy people are going to be knowing that they aren't going to have to deal with another holiday season of stuff getting cancelled, etc.. I KNOW I will! So i think we can enjoy these holidays that are coming up, but for me personally I am at peace now knowing that they are going by fast. I'm going to enjoy every minute I can, and like the rest of the country (USA) look forward to spring and the day that every American is able to get a vaccine who wants one. The holiday season for me has always represented HOPE, and i think that is the message for this season maybe more than at any other point in my life!

PatriciaLC

Elf Supervisor
MMC Member
Oct 18, 2019
Oregon
I think the Bers are going by way too fast. It is hard to believe that November is just 4 days away. I've been back and forth for a while now wondering if I should want these times to go by fast, or if I should hope to slow them down some. I have ultimately decided that I am content with having the holidays go by fast, because each day that speeds by is a day closer to all of us finally being able to stamp down the pandemic, since we are only months away, possibly sooner, from the first round of vaccines that are finally going to enable us to start leaving the worst behind us.

Just knowing that, i think already makes the 2021 Holiday Season a big deal. Just think about it folks, think about how happy people are going to be knowing that they aren't going to have to deal with another holiday season of stuff getting cancelled, etc.. I KNOW I will! So i think we can enjoy these holidays that are coming up, but for me personally I am at peace now knowing that they are going by fast. I'm going to enjoy every minute I can, and like the rest of the country (USA) look forward to spring and the day that every American is able to get a vaccine who wants one. The holiday season for me has always represented HOPE, and i think that is the message for this season maybe more than at any other point in my life!
I have found the secret of slowing down time. (although I haven't been practicing it lately) is to live in the moment with few distractions. I believe concentrating on the holidays with music or videos, baking or crafting does have that effect.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am excited to have November arrive and to have the official holiday season upon us!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 28 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 3 DAYS

Happy Halloween Eve Eve! Folks we are only 2 days from Halloween now. I know that's not part of our countdown in this thread but still that amazing number had to be said today. Now for our countdowns we look at the following: 28 days till Thanksgiving & 3 days till November. And you can plainly see in 3 days we'll reach our next milestone and that will be the welcoming of November. We will have made it to our 2nd destination of 3. Only 1 to go after that. November is coming folks. Ready or not? It's coming soon. 3 days from now to be exact. It's Thursday so let me give you the weekly count to Thanksgiving which stands at a stunning 4 weeks. Our friend CW will be here to post a Thanksgiving Video for us. Have a great Halloween Eve Eve!​

Last edited:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image