Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Halloween Eve Eve! I hope everybody stays safe today if you are in an area like us where we are dealing with the remnants of Hurricane Zeta! There's some nice weather coming up, looks like we have a 10 day stretch of gorgeous Fall weather coming up. And we have just about a perfect weekend coming up to celebrate Halloween and then get busy with decorating for Christmas! Happy Thursday folks!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I am looking forward to November so much.
Cooler weather, good food, and Thanksgiving.
And the Christmas season starts!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I will miss October once it's gone, but the closer we get to November the more excited I get. Christmas has always been my first love when it comes to the holidays (and this website is called MyMerryCHRISTMAS.com, after all), and even though I love my beloved Bers and everything they encompass, November is the start of the Christmas season for me, and that’s when I’m at my happiest.

BUT... I’m not about to write off Thanksgiving! Even though it will be quite different this year for many of us, I’m still excited about what it will bring. I think we all still need a time to truly consider what we are thankful for, especially after living through 2020.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Its video Thursday turkey lovers!! Todays clip will show you how to "up" your stuffing game. So many styles of stuffing out there its hard to decide my favorite. Traditional homemade is great unless the herbs give ya heartburn, I love cornbread stuffing if its not to sweet. Usually I make both and mix em on my plate. Enjoy the video all.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
November is definitely a month for comfort food and the stuffing is making my mouth water! I need to get out my recipe box and start some serious cooking and baking in November.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 27 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 2 DAYS

Happy Halloween Eve! It's a huge Friday folks and the 5th of 5 here in this month of October. Thank you to CW for his great post yesterday. He always comes through every other Thursday for us and I am thankful for that. We now get to our countdowns on this day before Halloween: 27 days till Thanksgiving & 2 days till November. As you can plainly see our next milestone happens this weekend. And it happens to be the end of a countdown as we reach the milestone of making it to November!!! It will be our 2nd destination of 3 that we have in this thread. And it's going to be a very exciting destination. But this guy? He wants to enjoy his Halloween. And I know many of you do as well. Have a great Halloween Eve!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The first of of the big three is almost here, and I am sure once the candy is all eaten, Thanksgiving will be too close for comfort!!!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 26 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 1 DAYS

Happy Halloween! We made it to a special date. It's October 31. It's a weekend. And we celebrate all that is spooky on this fine and special last day of October. Our countdowns are the following: 26 days till Thanksgiving & 1 day till November. Folks, you don't have to be a genius to see our next milestone happens TOMORROW and that is that we ARRIVE at our destination of reaching November. Think about that folks. Today is the last post you'll see in this thread with 2 countdowns. Ummmm yeah. Isn't that insane? We also turn our clocks back tonight so get ready for that extra hour. I think we all could use it this special weekend. Have a great Halloween!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 25 DAYS

Happy November Arrives! Umm do you notice something? I hope you do. Look up. This is not a trick. See something missing? I do too. Today is a milestone folks. We have arrived at the 2nd of our 3 destinations. We have made it to NOVEMBER!!! This is the month we've been waiting for here in this thread for the last 11 months and now we are here. Can you believe it? And now our countdown? I can't use an "s" at the end anymore. It's 25 days till Thanksgiving. Holy. Moly. Can I say that on MMC? I hope so. That's unreal folks. We are now in the month of Thanksgiving. NOWHERE else to go. Halloween was absolutely amazing as was October but here in this thread we wait for November. And we're here. Enjoy it all. Next milestone? There's not much left. We wait for 15 days from now when we reach the "Home Stretch" to Thanksgiving on November 16th. Unbelievable. Have a great November Arrives!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy November 1st! We were just having a Thanksgiving conversation just a few minutes ago. Meal planning and such, and I was requesting from my wife some of the desserts that I want to have this month! It feels SO GOOD to be talking about all that stuff in the PRESENT TENSE, and not a "coming up" type of way. ITS HERE NOW GUYS! THANKSGIVING TIME IS HERE!!!!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
One countdown! 25 days! This is incredible! I am going to inventory and organize the pantry and hopefully finalize the grocery lists, some things, of course, will have to wait until closer to the 26th, but it is exciting to begin the prep for Thanksgiving!!!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
The greatest time of year has arrived. This coming Friday we will do our Thanksgiving shopping and get the stuff needed for our dishes and desserts. But today...today the Christmas decor goes up. And it's about time!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy November!! We made it! Can't believe it is coming...I am looking for forward to Thanksgiving this year!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
One countdown! 25 days! This is incredible! I am going to inventory and organize the pantry and hopefully finalize the grocery lists, some things, of course, will have to wait until closer to the 26th, but it is exciting to begin the prep for Thanksgiving!!!
Reading thru your post reminded me I needed to add marshmallows to my grocery list. Gotta have them for the yams. :)

Reactions: Edge612

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image