Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Happy Thanksgiving.

I cooked my turkey yesterday so I actually had two Thanksgiving dinners!

I'm grateful for each day the Lord gives me and appreciate all the little things that make holidays special.

That said, it's hard for me to be in 100% when there are people in food lines, friends have died from Covid, and I can't be with my brother and sister-in-law for Thanksgiving.

The thing that makes the holidays more meaningful is that I can still address cards and hope operation Christmas Cheer gives a glimmer of light to those suffering from loneliness. It seems the very best in people comes out between now and Christmas and I pray that the spirit of giving to others is over the top this year. Lord knows there is a huge need.

Irishsnow

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Dec 5, 2005
Ireland
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.

Have a great day and stay safe

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
CLOSING THOUGHTS ON THANKSGIVING 2020
A final post here in the Thanksgiving 2020 thread. Its been a heck of a day here. I know some things weren't quite up to par (i.e. the parade) and 1 of the 3 football games (night game) got canceled but overall we still had a parade in the a.m., the Lions and Cowboys in the p.m. and an awesome time on Thanksgiving cooking, laughing and eating. I just want to say this again...Thanksgiving Week to me is the best week overall of the entire year. Nobody will convince me otherwise. And the funny thing as we head into the 2021 Thanksgiving Thread we actually will continue through Thanksgiving Week and into Thanksgiving Weekend. The magic continues as now heads turn towards Christmas shopping, decorations, and more. This is all part of Thanksgiving Week. Thanks to everyone who helped out here in this thread like CW, Rich, SFM, SS, escalation, coach and more. You all helped me keep going all year. I looked forward to posting every morning thanks to you all. For us Thanksgiving 2020 was a fun success. I think this whole season and being in November was tremendous. But it is time to move on to a new thread. And this thread will have a lot of milestones. We will also start (for the first time ever) with 3 countdowns (The Bers will start up with it while this past year it didn't till Jan 1). And we will have "Tom Turkey Days" and also our weekly countdown every Monday to start your week to the best week of the year. I hope you and your families all had a great Thanksgiving and November thus far. And I hope you all have a great Christmas Season. That's the one thing about when Thanksgiving ends...for holiday fans the fun is just beginning. See you all in the new thread...in a few.
Edge

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
CLOSING THOUGHTS ON THANKSGIVING 2020
A final post here in the Thanksgiving 2020 thread. Its been a heck of a day here. I know some things weren't quite up to par (i.e. the parade) and 1 of the 3 football games (night game) got canceled but overall we still had a parade in the a.m., the Lions and Cowboys in the p.m. and an awesome time on Thanksgiving cooking, laughing and eating. I just want to say this again...Thanksgiving Week to me is the best week overall of the entire year. Nobody will convince me otherwise. And the funny thing as we head into the 2021 Thanksgiving Thread we actually will continue through Thanksgiving Week and into Thanksgiving Weekend. The magic continues as now heads turn towards Christmas shopping, decorations, and more. This is all part of Thanksgiving Week. Thanks to everyone who helped out here in this thread like CW, Rich, SFM, SS, escalation, coach and more. You all helped me keep going all year. I looked forward to posting every morning thanks to you all. For us Thanksgiving 2020 was a fun success. I think this whole season and being in November was tremendous. But it is time to move on to a new thread. And this thread will have a lot of milestones. We will also start (for the first time ever) with 3 countdowns (The Bers will start up with it while this past year it didn't till Jan 1). And we will have "Tom Turkey Days" and also our weekly countdown every Monday to start your week to the best week of the year. I hope you and your families all had a great Thanksgiving and November thus far. And I hope you all have a great Christmas Season. That's the one thing about when Thanksgiving ends...for holiday fans the fun is just beginning. See you all in the new thread...in a few.
Edge
Well said.

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Thanks @Edge612, let's let the fun of the NEW Thread begin!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I feel like I give them an A for effort. They tried to make the most of it under these difficult restrictions and conditions. It wasn't the same as usual but we knew that. Seeing the masks didn't bother me that much because hey that kind of sums up 2020. I hope Thanksgiving 2021 we can see the parade look more like it did from previous years but I'll take what we got for this year!
The energy from the crowd wasn't there. That's what was missing for me. And there was no flow like the typical parade. But I think they did their best under the circumstances as well.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
@Edge612 will this 2020 Thread be locked? Or will you move it over into the archives? Do we have archives for non-Christmas threads?

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image