Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I DVR it every year...and keep it till the next Thanksgiving so I'm going to go back and look for that!
The other big and really positive thing I noticed this year that I hadn't noticed other years, is the number of different shapes and sizes the different dancers came in. So often the only dancers are skinny model types and I saw so many today--both male and female--who had normal human being shapes-- so body affirming.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Done with dinner, cleaned up and now ready for some relaxation. Dave must have been whispering in the ears of my kids. Once it was time for clean up, they shooed me out of the kitchen, just like he used to do, and they and the grands did all the clean up.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
FINAL THANKSGIVING THOUGHTS - 2022
  1. I love Thanksgiving. This day from start to finish is about as good as it gets. Just putting the turkey in the oven in the morning feels like an event. And then all day it's about cooking/fun/family/football/food/parade, etc.​
  2. Thanksgiving is one of the few days (I can count on one hand) where I'm home almost the entire day. It makes it feel special. I debated running an errand at the store for no real reason when I can go tomorrow and I stopped myself and told myself one thing that's unique about Thanksgiving for me is that I have extra time to be home.​
  3. Turkey and food all came out great. Love this food. Ironically, compared to Christmas Eve I feel like this food not only tastes delicious but less fried stuff so it doesn't taste really unhealthy. I made my plate. It was great. I tried to eat slow...put a few extras in there while I was eating. I'm satisfied not stuffed. I don't eat like that and don't need to. I look forward to leftovers this weekend.​
  4. Just like with Halloween the great thing about Thanksgiving winding down is that we have the Christmas Season to enjoy. There's no real sadness when it starts to end. It's only the beginning of the holiday season which is one major reason I love this day more than any other day. The fun times are still ahead of us.​
  5. A final thanks to all of you for being here all year. I'm ready to start up the 2023 Thanksgiving Thread. It's not only about enjoying this day. It's about the whole autumn season. The build was amazing and it intensified last weekend through this week. It's not just "One day" but today is the culmination of autumn and the transition to the holiday season.​
  6. And one last thought for you I think what makes Thanksgiving also so special is really for many of us unless you include Easter or Superbowl Sunday we don't have a meal/holiday quite like this after Christmas until...Thanksgiving. It's like an 11-month wait for this type of holiday on this level. And for Christmas it's a 1-month wait from Thanksgiving. Maybe the (much, much) longer wait makes it more special in its own way.​
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. One final time - and see you in the new thread shortly!​

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
Great day yesterday, although the Lions fulfilled their annual tradition of losing at the very end of the game. Literally with 2 seconds to go. We thought that dear son and his wife would be with her family, but sudden illness at the in-laws made them pivot and come to our house instead. So everyone was here with us. All 14 of us. A real houseful. Everything was amazing, including my annual handmade cheesecake. Later, after most people had cleared out, we ended the night with a couple of games of euchre. Just an amazing day!

Now looking forward to a couple of down days. Dear wife and I are planning on going to see the Chosen at our local cinema this evening. On Sunday, we are making our annual pilgrimage to the tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree. So much fun!!!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Later, after most people had cleared out, we ended the night with a couple of games of euchre.
Nobody down here knows how to play euchre. I miss playing.

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
Saddest thing I’ve read today. Here, it’s almost the only game we do play!!!

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Rich, I miss my brother so much. He always liked to play Hearts or Pitch after the games or before the games....even during halftime. Both of his daughters are big football fans. They also love to play cards so everything always went smoothly about when we'd play. I'll visit him Monday in the VA nursing home. I have some gift bags for the staff.

It's funny how card games are regional. I'm from upstate NY and the games there were Hearts and Pinochle. Apparently Pitch was big earlier on as well as Canasta. Canasta is big down here in Florida but my friend from Indiana is big into Euchre.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Rich, I miss my brother so much. He always liked to play Hearts or Pitch after the games or before the games....even during halftime. Both of his daughters are big football fans. They also love to play cards so everything always went smoothly about when we'd play. I'll visit him Monday in the VA nursing home. I have some gift bags for the staff.

It's funny how card games are regional. I'm from upstate NY and the games there were Hearts and Pinochle. Apparently Pitch was big earlier on as well as Canasta. Canasta is big down here in Florida but my friend from Indiana is big into Euchre.
Kim, make sure you join us on Edge's NEW 2023 Thread, if you haven't already!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

I like playing Hearts, Spades, Pinochle, and Canasta as well. We play mostly Mexican Train Dominoes down here. It’s a great social game.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image