Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
I made eggs this morning, baked pies, cut up vegs for stuffing, my brine water is cooling outside, bags of sweet corn unthawing. Gotta make stuffed shrimp for tonite so my shrimp and blue crab meat is on the thaw. And my bison roast is getting ready for a bakefest.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
C for me too!! I think our turkey is in good shape....I had it is out for a bit yesterday. I am making my stuffing tonight and we are going to order pizza for dinner.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
None of the above.

There should be a line that says, Wednesday is the most exhausting day of the year and it seems to lack enough hours to get everything done.

Even when I start on Monday there is so much to do today. I think, in my younger and very healthier years, I could cook and bake for 16 hours straight, then get up and do it again. Now, not so much.

But......I'm ready. I've checked everything off my to-do list today.

I even made a 7am run to Publix because I heard they had fresh cherries. People were waiting at the door. I'm glad I only needed a few things and got out of there before the rush.

I did feel excitement in the air! People were very friendly and wishing one another Happy Thanksgiving.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I wasn't going to do it, but I am going to watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special on DVD tonight. I still don't like it not being on broadcast tv but I am going to have a bowl of chicken and noodles and settle in and watch it. It always takes me back many, many years. I hope that in a few years I can have my great-niece and great-nephew out for pizza and watch it with them.

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Happy Thanksgiving Eve all. I will go C too. Thanksgiving Eve is like a holiday of its own. I am just getting ready for appetizer night at the BIL. It will finish off a great day.

I actually turned on my outside Christmas lights tonight. It is two days earlier than I usually do, but it just felt right.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I wasn't going to do it, but I am going to watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special on DVD tonight. I still don't like it not being on broadcast tv but I am going to have a bowl of chicken and noodles and settle in and watch it. It always takes me back many, many years. I hope that in a few years I can have my great-niece and great-nephew out for pizza and watch it with them.
I'm watching the DVD tonight also. With a glass of milk and some cookies. ;)

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I'm watching the DVD tonight also. With a glass of milk and some cookies. ;)
I wish I had some Jiffy Pop or maybe some pretzels and jelly beans! LOL!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Happy Thanksgiving! Today folks is the day of the year that this thread revolves around for the previous 364. Our final milestone and ultimate destination has arrived. We are here on THANKSGIVING. I can’t believe it but it feels so amazing. I remember when we started our thread at 364 days on Thanksgiving night and somehow they are all gone. It is hard to believe. It just shows you how you have to enjoy every day as much as you can. But we do look forward to this day very much and it’s why we celebrate it all year long in this thread. Today folks we also change our seasons with our “Happy Holidays.” It has replaced our “Awesome Autumn” and here we are in a great spot now. Today is Thursday of course and we’ll have our weekly “Thanksgiving Thought Thursday” below with the following obvious statement!

Thanksgiving is the most awesome traditional overall day of the year. And it’s no disrespect to any other holiday or time of year to say that. I just really feel strongly about this day being the best from start to finish when everything is taken into account (including how the holiday season is now only beginning).

I mean on Thanksgiving Day it’s hard not to have that kind of thought. Or that feeling. And now I hope all of us get to experience it today and be constantly reminded how amazing this day really is. I’ll be back later folks a few times to post during the day. Time to turn on the parade folks and get that turkey in the oven. Will check back later. Thank you for supporting this thread all year. Without you I couldn’t do this. And thanks to you I plan to do this with our new 2023 Thanksgiving Countdown Thread later tonight. Have a great and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! Thank you all for being here as part of my Thanksgiving routine. A whole wonderful year of counting down.

Thank you @Edge612 for making this thread and giving us a place to all congregate 24/7 and pine the time away through the year. I hope you never get to the point that you don't keep doing the 24/7 Thanksgiving countdown. It is such a wonderful part of my day.

I know this is a Christmas site so obviously the focus (and it should be) is on Christmas but it is so great to have these little niche groups.

Thank you all! I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving day!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image