Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I don't eat bread but I do make stuffing for guests. Publix bakery had some nice bread all week long and they are still cranking out rolls, bread, etc. I'm lucky it's only 1/4 mile from me. They are closed Thanksgiving so tomorrow I'll have to be sure I have everything I need.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
A slight panic is ensuing...

I set the turkey out on Friday...they are still hard as a rock.

I might be in trouble.
I just checked on mine also and it is still frozen solid. So now it's sitting in the sink, in a bag, underwater. I'll throw it back in the fridge before bedtime. This bird will be ready Thursday morning!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Much better. Still feeling under the weather, but much better than Friday. Thank you for asking.
So glad to hear she is feeling better, I hope you can all rest and relax over the long weekend and that she continues to improve.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve! I feel like I have been away for ages and it has only been a couple of days! I am excited that there is still plenty of the week left to enjoy with you all. No big plans for tonight. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the best week of the year!

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
So my to-do list has been reduced a little. Made a chocolate cake today, made the cranberry sauce, and the apple pie. Tomorrow will be the potatoes, stuffing, lobster mac & cheese and a 7 layer dip. Then I'll prep the veggies.

Every year I get requests for the cranberry sauce and most years I forget to take it out of the refrigerator. I put a note on the refrigerator. LOL

I decided I have way too many sweets so I'll keep my frozen dough I made for Christmas and parties before Christmas. I made chocolate chip, ginger, and pina colada cookie dough. All frozen.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Guys, I got out the turkey roasting pan last night, and it was just so magical! It's the little things like that I think that make each Holiday season special.

I want to try and be appreciative and acknowledge all of these "little things" that make the seasons special.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve!
One of my favorite "little moments" of the holiday season is putting the turkey in the oven on Thanksgiving morning. It just hits me then.

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
My turkey is in the fridge, ready for some TLC tomorrow, before it goes in the oven
Today I'll be baking and decorating

Can't believe my favorite day is tomorrow already ♥

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 1

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Today folks is the final day we have anything to count down towards. We have 1 day remaining until Thanksgiving. Our next milestone is tomorrow and it is the ultimate destination of this thread. It will be Thanksgiving, of course. I don’t know what else to say as we finish up our “Awesome Autumn” today and move into the “Happy Holidays” tomorrow. But before we do let’s do one final poll as we do every Wednesday!

How do you feel about Thanksgiving Eve?

• Just get it over with so we can get to Thanksgiving Day!
  • It’s ok but feels like a normal day (with some anticipation).
  • I feel like Thanksgiving Eve is kind of its own holiday.
  • Thanksgiving Eve is better than Thanksgiving Day.
  • My answer is C. I feel like Thanksgiving Eve is kind of its own holiday. I really do. That’s why I say it’s underrated. It’s a fun day and if you throw in a tradition or two on a day like this, add in the preparations going on today and how everyone is excited it’s hard not to count today as a special day. I always have felt that way. How do you feel about Thanksgiving Eve? Folks – I’ll post something tonight here and try to get us all ready for tomorrow. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm going with C, guys! There is holiday magic in the air right now for certain, and it really does feel like its own holiday.

Even tonight we have a tradition of starting to watch the Lord of the Rings movies.

I'm all about traditions and routines!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
It is a big C for me--Thanksgiving Eve is its own holiday and has a special feel. The activities may change, it is usually food prep and decorating for me but I am looking forward to a quiet day of time at home and rest and relaxation, and watching Thanksgiving episodes of old sitcoms!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
My answer is C as well. The magic is filling the air already. I can't wait to go to the store and see lots of people out last-minute shopping for tomorrow. That always puts a little extra buzz in the air. Today is the final prep time for tomorrow. Let's do it!!!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 1

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Today folks is the final day we have anything to count down towards. We have 1 day remaining until Thanksgiving. Our next milestone is tomorrow and it is the ultimate destination of this thread. It will be Thanksgiving, of course. I don’t know what else to say as we finish up our “Awesome Autumn” today and move into the “Happy Holidays” tomorrow. But before we do let’s do one final poll as we do every Wednesday!

How do you feel about Thanksgiving Eve?

• Just get it over with so we can get to Thanksgiving Day!
  • It’s ok but feels like a normal day (with some anticipation).
  • I feel like Thanksgiving Eve is kind of its own holiday.
  • Thanksgiving Eve is better than Thanksgiving Day.
  • My answer is C. I feel like Thanksgiving Eve is kind of its own holiday. I really do. That’s why I say it’s underrated. It’s a fun day and if you throw in a tradition or two on a day like this, add in the preparations going on today and how everyone is excited it’s hard not to count today as a special day. I always have felt that way. How do you feel about Thanksgiving Eve? Folks – I’ll post something tonight here and try to get us all ready for tomorrow. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve!​
It's C for me, with the exception that I have to work today. But that's okay! It's one of the best workdays of the year!

Tonight, after food prep, we will watch "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving."

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Turkey update...

Cold water bath with lots of ice. Thawed and in the brine last night. I feel much more at ease.

My answer to the question....C. But I am kinda cheating...we have our first Thanksgiving today. I don't have much to do because I did so much yesterday, but I do have to smoke a ham. I will start that before too long.

Rain is moving in this evening. It is goign to be a wet Thanksgiving. I have the grills covered and hopefully that won't mess up the cook. Time to go...lots to do.

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
Everyone is making me nervous with these frozen turkeys! Better check on mine!
Nothing frozen here!!! Fresh Amish turkey from my local meat market. Ol’ Tom is keeping chill out in the garage right now. All 24 pounds of him.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image