Thanksgiving 2023 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 257
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 235
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 174

Happy Spring Ahead! Today folks we have 257 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 235 days to go until November and 174 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be the 250-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving which will happen 1 week from now folks. Woohoo. We move ahead folks in our final week of our “Winter Wonderland” and feeling good about it. But the chill, rain and wet snow type of situations continue to plague us here in the final stage of winter. Light is at the end of the tunnel though. And we continue in our 3-day weekend relaxing phase here in this thread now with another good Saturday lined up for all to enjoy. And it was good to learn that turkey doesn’t make us tired right? I mean even if it did would you really not have it on Thanksgiving? I think not. But I like the old tradition of people thinking that it does. Incredible to see Macy’s news here in March isn’t it? But not really because honestly the parade is a year long planned tradition. It doesn’t just happen like that with no preparation. Now for all you turkey fans enjoy every moment this weekend as we lose an hour. I know the weekend needs to be longer not shorter. But hey one hour closer to Thanksgiving then aren’t we? Hmmmm. I wish we had an extra hour on Thanksgiving to sit down and eat extra turkey and sides. Have a great Spring Ahead!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I am ready for the seasons to change, but it still sort of feels like the Winter "went fast". I think it is because of how warm it stayed all winter. Other than cold weather on Christmas weekend where it got below freezing, we mostly had 40's and 50's during the day the whole way through. Even looking at the long range forecast, we get back up into the 60's towards the end of March heading into April.

Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Hmmmm. I wish we had an extra hour on Thanksgiving to sit down and eat extra turkey and sides. Have a great Spring Ahead!
I would take that extra hour anytime throughout Thanksgiving Week.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
We are maybe supposed to have a nice day here. I am not seeing it yet. We are supposed to reach 50, but it is after twelve and it is 37 degrees and cloudy. I was hoping it would be warm enough get some yard work but doesn't seem like it will be.

Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving thoughts day.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
We are maybe supposed to have a nice day here. I am not seeing it yet. We are supposed to reach 50, but it is after twelve and it is 37 degrees and cloudy. I was hoping it would be warm enough get some yard work but doesn't seem like it will be.

Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving thoughts day.
Spring is coming soon!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 256
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 234
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 173

Happy Dozen Days Of March! Today folks we have 256 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 234 days left until November, and 173 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in less than a week from now as we reach the 250-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving on Saturday. We move ahead here in the very late stages of our Winter Wonderland. Of course, winter waits the entire winter to finally give us some cold/snow even if it has been mostly wet/minor but now we’re all longing for spring. There is some signs though that right on schedule spring weather might arrive. We’ll see how next week goes as it will be the final week of winter. Right now folks we are moving ahead in this thread but still comfortably in the month of March. I hope all you turkey fans are having a good and relaxing weekend. And trying to unwind as much as you can. And then you can be as cool as a turkey. It’s looking good in this thread folks. And still all the best stuff ahead for us. I liked seeing that Macy’s news though the other day that someone posted here. It’s great to see that any time of year. Keep it real turkey friends. I hope all of you are having a fantastic time this weekend with family/friends and turkey. But if not the latter at least the former. Turkey, Turkey, Turkey. That’s the chant we keep going to here in this thread. Have a great Dozen Days Of March!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Today reminds me a lot of a late November day. It's cold outside, but no wind here. And overcast. I can be comfortable with just a sweatshirt and maybe a toboggan hat. It makes me think of doing Fall yard work when it's like this. I'm probably going to have a little small fire in the "Bers" Fire pit later this afternoon if the wind stays calm. Should really make for some good Fall vibes!

Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Some November weather feels here too, we had about an inch of snow overnight and there is a low blanket of fog, maybe this will be the same weather we have when we Fall Back. A fire pit sounds wonderful!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Today reminds me a lot of a late November day. It's cold outside, but no wind here. And overcast. I can be comfortable with just a sweatshirt and maybe a toboggan hat. It makes me think of doing Fall yard work when it's like this. I'm probably going to have a little small fire in the "Bers" Fire pit later this afternoon if the wind stays calm. Should really make for some good Fall vibes!

Have a great day!
Sounds nice!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 255
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 233
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 172

Happy March Teens! Today folks we have 255 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 233 days to go until November and 172 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Saturday. It will be the 250-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. Think that will be big? I’d say so. That’s 5 days from now though. We start off our new week with our Monday Weekly Feature so let’s get to it: 36 weeks until Thanksgiving Week. Pretty amazing here heading towards the mid-30s. I don’t panic at all though until we get to halfway. That’s still a long time from now. And here we go folks into the final week (less than that) of our Winter Wonderland. Only 4 days remain of it. It will end on Thursday and our next season will begin on Friday. Do you know what that is? You can always peak at the beginning of this thread or maybe I’ll just tell you tomorrow if I remember to do so. On my walk on Sunday I was reminiscing about the holidays. Thanksgiving through Christmas. And I said I kind of miss it but at this point I don’t want to go back to it because then we’d have to go through winter again. Special moments though for sure that stay with me all year long. Keep it real turkey friends. Get your week off to the best start that you possibly can and enjoy it as much as you can as well. Have a great March Teens!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I was having Christmas thoughts yesterday too. It was easy, with it snowing outside. I even played a Christmas song yesterday while I was driving home from an errand, which is something I don't normally do outside of a Rudolph Day or a Christmas-associated milestone day.

Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I was having Christmas thoughts yesterday too. It was easy, with it snowing outside. I even played a Christmas song yesterday while I was driving home from an errand, which is something I don't normally do outside of a Rudolph Day or a Christmas-associated milestone day.

Have a great day!
I played Christmas music on my drive to work this morning. I was needing a little bit of the feels.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
36 weeks to go, winter is almost over, and St. Patrick's Day. A pretty good week in my opinion!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 254
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 232
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 171

Happy Final Week Of Winter! Today folks we have 254 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 232 days left until November, and 171 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will be the 250-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. It will be 4 days from now so make sure you’re ready for that on Saturday folks. Ahh I love Saturdays but I’m good with Tuesdays too. And this is the final Tuesday of our Winter Wonderland folks. And today is Picture Day. So more reason to be happy here. Well turkey fans it’s still winter. It’s still the Winter Wonderland. It’s all good though. I still haven’t announced what’s next but you all know it I think. Alright I’ll tell you it’s our “Super Spring” which will start up on Friday. And folks it’s another long season of 2+ months. I think this might be my most looked forward to season (well at least for now). But for now folks whether you have rain, snow, cold, wind or sun (I’d like that one) I hope you’re having an ok Tuesday and a safe one. Be grateful for today. Tomorrow we’ll deal with tomorrow. And keep watching all that NFL news with free agency going on. Makes me think of The Bers, Autumn, and Football Season. Nothing beats that does it turkey fans? Have a great 2nd day of your week. Be safe out there and enjoy your day as much as possible thinking of turkey. Have a great Final Week Of Winter!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image