Thanksgiving's on the way

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
I love the whole day...especially the turkey! Two of my brothers, one overseas, and one here at a Florida AFB are coming this year. I haven't seen them in several years.

Reactions: 2 people

Smiley21

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Apr 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I love the whole day...especially the turkey! Two of my brothers, one overseas, and one here at a Florida AFB are coming this year. I haven't seen them in several years.

Oh wow its going to be extra special this year! I'm sure there's going to be plenty of stories to be told that day :family:

Smiley21

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Apr 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I don't think I mentioned spending time with my family! I'm always delighted to spend time with my family and all the jokes & stories we tell...someone always walks out the door with a new "nickname" lol

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
I don't think I mentioned spending time with my family! I'm always delighted to spend time with my family and all the jokes & stories we tell...someone always walks out the door with a new "nickname" lol

LOLcheesy

bigbearfla58

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Lifer
Jan 14, 2008
Smiley21 I am always excited about Thanksgiving. I"m the great cook and keeper of the Thanksgiving traditions in my family. Sit down with your mom and get those recipes, find out all of her secrets and learn how to make them yourself. Make a video so you'll have it forever.

kidzrme

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 20, 2006
MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MA.
This is my first Thanksgiving in 9 years that I do not have to work! My favorite part is Macy's parade, I used to watch it every year from start to finish, with my dad.. And I get to do that this year! I love being surrounded by my family and loved ones and after dinner I get to decorating!!!! Really gets me in the Christmas spirit!!!!

ChristmasSpirit76

Christmas Star
MMC Lifer
Sep 16, 2007
The great state of Maine
Its so funny because I don't like parades but I love the Macy's Day Parade. I also enjoy football, family, and eating food w/o feeling guilty :munch:

Reactions: 1 person

Seawaters

MMC Christmas Angel 1954-2020
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 8, 2008
California
www.southernchristmasnights.com
I, too, am the cook and keeper of both Thanksgiving and Christmas traditions. You are so right about getting those recipes. This year, I am scrapbooking some of my kids' favorites to pass on to them. When I pass on to that great Thanksgiving and Christmas party in the sky (hopefully) my kids can divvie up my over-1500 cookbooks!

Cherylle in CA

Smiley21 I am always excited about Thanksgiving. I"m the great cook and keeper of the Thanksgiving traditions in my family. Sit down with your mom and get those recipes, find out all of her secrets and learn how to make them yourself. Make a video so you'll have it forever.

Last edited:

VeganChristmasBaby

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Oct 30, 2009
Los Angeles
This will be my first Thanksgiving without my family, so it's bittersweet. I made the move with my husband to the West Coast, leaving my East Coast family behind, and since airfare is so expensive at Thanksgiving, it made more sense to go home at Christmas. I'm going to miss them so much...

This year, our new friends have invited us to their Thanksgiving with other friends, which will be nice. Last Thanksgiving, I learned how to make an entire vegan Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm going to gear up to do that again - my absolute favorite part being my new stuffing! Yum! :)

Kimothy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 20, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I'm looking forward to the whole week. I have Thursday & Friday off from work so I just use some Annual Leave Monday-Wednesday. I take the Greyhound bus back home the Sunday before (this year, the day before my sister's birthday!). I use the week to relax, take care of some important doctor appointments, catch up with old friends, help Mom with the cooking, enjoy the Macy's Parade, eat, do some Black Friday shopping, etc. Whew! cheesy

SW1Dennis

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Jun 14, 2007
Chandler AZ
:sparkle:

I cannot wait till its Thanksgiving. It is my second favorite holiday next to Christmas. I truly look forward to Thanksgiving every year!!!

B

ballcoach

The thing I love most about Thanksgiving is....well....the entire week. The environment, the feel that is in the air. It's the TV shows, the trip to the store, the Sunday before Thanks. when the Black Friday Ads come out, sitting and planning our trip...just the whole thing.

But for me, it comes back to being with people I love. None of this would be fun (or at least as fun) if I didn't have my family or wife.

CJ498

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Member
Oct 16, 2009
East Coast USA
The Macy's Parade of course, and it also seems that Thanksgiving is kind of an unofficial start to the Christmas season for the world, when its ok to start putting out Christmas decorations without getting funny looks from neighborscheesy

But most important and favorite thing about Thanksgiving for me is taking a moment to be thankful for all the blessings in my life, Family and friends.

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
I look forward to hosting the dinner every year. I love to have the parade on while I'm cooking and then I decorate all weekend after Thanksgiving. I can't wait!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image