Trick r Treat...Countdown to Halloween 2020

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Halloween Eve Eve! We are trying to get through the remnants of Hurricane Zeta, it is supposed to be a lot of rain here today, which always causes me anxiety, as I still have fresh memories of the horrible flooding our town had in 2018. It looks like the rain is mostly out of here by this afternoon, and we have a great stretch of weather for the next 10 days. Very Fall like and gorgeous.

Tonight AMC has a Friday the 13th marathon going on. I love those movies not just because of being a huge Jason fan, but I love the visuals of the summer camps, the woods, etc.. It's funny, those movies are always set in a "summer" atmosphere, but i always get a very late-summer, early fall vibe from them. Or that just might because like I said, it seems my brain fluctuates from 90% Christmas / 10% Fall, or 85% Christmas / 15% Fall depending on where we are in the year, so if I look hard enough, I can find traces of Fall & Christmas, ANYWHERE.

Nightmare on Elm Street Marathon on SYFY. Oh yeah, two channels packed with great movies tonight. I might do a lot of switching back and forth, but I think Jason might just get more of my attention. Fun either way.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Reactions: Ddeby and Rich

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
A curious thing, but as we get closer to Halloween 2020 I can’t help but be more excited for our NEXT countdown thread for 2021. As much as I tried to get into the Halloween spirit this year, I think 2020 broke me since our normal trick or treating routine will not happen, and literally all of our local Fall and Halloween events were canceled this year. I’ve tried to make the most of it, but it’s not the same.

Next year, however...

Next year will be a glorious return to form. Yes, I might be jumping the gun a little bit, but I can’t help but have hope that Covid will be a non-starter by this time next year, and that our cherished events and traditions will return even better than before. We will bounce back. I will bounce back. 2021 will be a Halloween worth remembering. And I will finally buy some Halloween decorations for the outside of my house. :)

Can’t wait to see what you do with the countdown thread, Snake!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
A curious thing, but as we get closer to Halloween 2020 I can’t help but be more excited for our NEXT countdown thread for 2021. As much as I tried to get into the Halloween spirit this year, I think 2020 broke me since our normal trick or treating routine will not happen, and literally all of our local Fall and Halloween events were canceled this year. I’ve tried to make the most of it, but it’s not the same.

Next year, however...

Next year will be a glorious return to form. Yes, I might be jumping the gun a little bit, but I can’t help but have hope that Covid will be a non-starter by this time next year, and that our cherished events and traditions will return even better than before. We will bounce back. I will bounce back. 2021 will be a Halloween worth remembering. And I will finally buy some Halloween decorations for the outside of my house. :)

Can’t wait to see what you do with the countdown thread, Snake!

Truth be told, i haven't given much thought up until this point about what occurs once we get rolling and counting down. I DO have a thread already drafted and ready to go, on Sunday at 12AM, but I imagine that since probably 95% of the site will be switched over to full-time Christmas countdown, it will be a little quiet in here until after the Holidays pass. But I do anticipate seeing the activity increase beginning in January, and continuing as we roll along.

So I'm not sure yet if I will end up posting every day like @Edge612 does with his amazing threads, but I know for sure that I will post at least weekly or twice a week. And obviously on milestone days and such. It takes a village. We have our core group of folks who will continue to keep the countdown rolling, so between all of us, I really think it is going to be special. And for all of those reasons you mentioned. 2021 Should be a return to all things normal for the Holidays, or at least as close to "normal" as we ever can be again.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Halloween Eve Eve, I love that, Prancer. I can't wait for Halloween Eve, I can't believe I have never celebrated it before! It may just have to replace my annual viewing of The Great Pumpkin!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Just dropping in to wish all a spooktacular weekend, which will culminate on NOVEMBER 1ST!!!! How exciting is that?
So exciting Kim, and I hope you have a great weekend too!

Reactions: Rich and KimB

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Halloween Eve!

great_pumpkin_02.png

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
THIS IS IT GUYS! THE DAY BEFORE HALLOWEEN! HALLOWEEN EVE!!

My work is having its annual Halloween Potluck. I am so happy that those of us who have remained in the office since the pandemic started were able to come together and ensure that we still have a little bit of "normality".

I am settling in for the 24 hour Halloween Marathon tonight on AMC. Nothing brings in the season like seeing Michael Myers. And as mentioned before, they are playing those films until 6 PM on SUNDAY. So we will end up watching Halloween movies on the 1st day of the new Halloween Countdown season, pretty awesome. Also, while Christmas literally springs up all around me. Sort of makes me feel like Jack Skellington. Either way, AWESOME.

I hope you all have a happy Halloween Eve!!!!

Cedar Grove

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Aug 31, 2020
East Tennessee
Put the knife to the pumpkin this afternoon and in no time, Lo!, my old friend Jack was back. Looks the same as always, hasn't changed a bit, because I have limited skills and imagination. Always good to see his face, as it means The Holidays start soon.

We'll fire him up at local sunset time tomorrow (6:42 est), and drink a toast of hot chocolate to celebrate the Season.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Truth be told, i haven't given much thought up until this point about what occurs once we get rolling and counting down. I DO have a thread already drafted and ready to go, on Sunday at 12AM, but I imagine that since probably 95% of the site will be switched over to full-time Christmas countdown, it will be a little quiet in here until after the Holidays pass. But I do anticipate seeing the activity increase beginning in January, and continuing as we roll along.

So I'm not sure yet if I will end up posting every day like @Edge612 does with his amazing threads, but I know for sure that I will post at least weekly or twice a week. And obviously on milestone days and such. It takes a village. We have our core group of folks who will continue to keep the countdown rolling, so between all of us, I really think it is going to be special. And for all of those reasons you mentioned. 2021 Should be a return to all things normal for the Holidays, or at least as close to "normal" as we ever can be again.
Looking forward to the New Halloween Thread. I just have too many going to start one lol. But I used to contribute to the one that the site had in the past. I hope you do post every day in it...or as much as possible. We need Halloween year-round...this season really has been harder to enjoy with so many cancellations...yet I've still enjoyed it. I just wish for 2021 October to be more "normal" for us.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image