Valentines Gifts

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
What type of Valentines gifts have you ever given, and received?

What are you giving out this year? What are you hoping to receive?

Reactions: 1 person

Sapsorrow

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jan 4, 2010
State of Anticipation
mommytotwp, I think we're very traditional. Most of what we've shared have been books, chocolates, and flowers. I'm the sentimental one, I usually write him a "state of the union" letter as a Valentine. He's the practical (when it comes to romance) one, so he usually gets inspired to cook or bake something special.

I'd love it if a little of my sentimental side would rub off on my husband. I'm a sucker for things like slippers, scarves, gloves, and nightgowns. He happens to be a talented craftsman, and I'd love a piece of jewelry he made. At least he lavishes his attentions and talents on the little ones, on that much we're agreed.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Well I don't have a girlfriend this year but I usually buy them roses and Jewelry. I have found that you usually can't go wrong buying jewelry.

Reactions: 2 people

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
My Hubby usually gets me some flowers and sometimes he will pick me out a sweater/shirt or some chocolate (my favorite cheesy). This year I bought my Hubby a few shirts (he has lost about 30 pounds over the past year) and a new frying pan lol he loves to cook! I buy my kiddies some little chocolates and we always get an ice cream cake to have on Valentines Day!

santashelperkobrin

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
May 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
This year we got our son's a pair of Crocs for spring(Not real ones you can get them at the Doller store) Eatch got a Veggietales book and a little heart with candy in it :)

Ruth

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
=)

My wife always gets...roses, cards, balloons, stuffed animal, chocolates, a piece of jewelry, and a poem written by me. I generally have the roses sent to her at work.

My little girl (now little girls since we have a new addition) gets flowers (the oldest likes sunflowers and carnations), cards, balloons, stuffed animal, chocolates, and a piece of jewelry.

Then i either make a spacial candle light meal (depends on day of week) or i take them all out to someplace nice.

sugarplum fairy

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 13, 2006
Alabama
My wife always gets...roses, cards, balloons, stuffed animal, chocolates, a piece of jewelry, and a poem written by me. I generally have the roses sent to her at work.

My little girl (now little girls since we have a new addition) gets flowers (the oldest likes sunflowers and carnations), cards, balloons, stuffed animal, chocolates, and a piece of jewelry.

Then i either make a spacial candle light meal (depends on day of week) or i take them all out to someplace nice.

Your wife and girls are lucky to have someone dote on them like you do.

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD
I couldn't resist when I saw this thread....
I don't really go for flowers, and I'm on a diet so the chocolate is out for right now. But I do love animals. So my sweet Hubby took me to the All Maryland Reptile Expo for a Valentine's Day treat, and bought me two corn snakes. It's even nicer of him, because he doesn't really like reptiles that much.

Reactions: 2 people

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
I am going to give my girls each a rose and their favorite chocolate. My son is getting a heart made out of Lego (his favorite building tool!) and a bag of doritos.cheesy

gabulldawg

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 29, 2010
Hill AFB,Ogden Utah
I have given Teddy Bears,flowers,chocolates jewelry. This year I am going with flowers,bear and last but not least a nice bottle of Chteau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac!

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
This year I have a panda bear Pillow Pet for DD & I want to get a steakhouse gift certificate for DH. We are going out to eat at a local restaurant that is taking reservations for their upstair banquet facility, so no lines & not crowded!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
The kids will each get a small boc of chocolates and maybe a new dvd. Hubby and I were not going to do anything but last night he surprised me with dinner reservations aboard the boat Philadelphia Belle for Monday night. I am excited... I will get him a card but not sure what else.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image