Valentines Meals @ Home

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
Valentines is one of the busiest days to eat out, so sometimes instead of having to hassle the busy restaurants, it is nice to eat at home, and have a special meal prepared for you, or for you to prepare for that special someone or family.

Post here what you are planning on cooking if you are doing so for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner... or what you would like that special someone to make for you.

For Valentines breakfast, I make my kids pink colored chocolate chip pancakes. I am one of those who do not care to eat out, so my husband usually cooks me dinner or we prepare dinner together. Not sure what we are having this year.

judesmama

...Noel, Hilda, and Evan’s mama, too!
MMC Lifer
Jul 8, 2008
Out in the country!
We always do Valentine's at home... I hate the crowds on Valentine's Day! One year, we made mussels and pasta with champagne and it was so ... luxurious!! :) This year, maybe just something simple.. not sure yet!

Sapsorrow

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jan 4, 2010
State of Anticipation
Here are some of my favorites for Valentines or any romantic day at home:

Crepes with only lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh berries for breakfast.

Mushroom-onion quiche with gruyere, a crisp salad, and a dry lambic or chardonay for lunch.

Beef burgundy with a crusty rye and a creamy cheese to spread on it, salad, and a black forest tart for dinner.

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
We always do Valentine's at home... I hate the crowds on Valentine's Day! One year, we made mussels and pasta with champagne and it was so ... luxurious!! :) This year, maybe just something simple.. not sure yet!

Sounds yummy. We usually grill steaks, and have shrimp, and veggies....but this year since it falls on the same day as Chinese New Year, and I will be busy that afternoon, either my husband or I will pick up Chinese food :). Hooray, no cooking for me :).

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
Here are some of my favorites for Valentines or any romantic day at home:

Crepes with only lightly sweetened whipped cream and fresh berries for breakfast.

Mushroom-onion quiche with gruyere, a crisp salad, and a dry lambic or chardonay for lunch.

Beef burgundy with a crusty rye and a creamy cheese to spread on it, salad, and a black forest tart for dinner.

The crepes sound yummy. Might have to make them soon. I first made crepes while I was in French class, and we needed to make a French food. Do you have a recipe for the whipped cream? I know my DH is able to make it, but thought maybe you would have a special recipe :).

Sapsorrow

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jan 4, 2010
State of Anticipation
The crepes sound yummy. Might have to make them soon. I first made crepes while I was in French class, and we needed to make a French food. Do you have a recipe for the whipped cream? I know my DH is able to make it, but thought maybe you would have a special recipe :).

I'd never thought to use a recipe. Just whip heavy cream in a mixer or whisk vigorously by hand. We sweeten it only a little bit. If you need help stabilizing it, you can add cream of tartar or just buy "whipping cream" which is pre-stabilized for you. We like to add vanilla, but the alcohol extracts make it harder to whip, so you might prefer either buying pricey alcohol free vanilla extract or making vanilla sugar.

Some day I'll just buy an NO2 charger based whipping canister. They function a lot like the CO2 charger soda siphons.

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
I'd never thought to use a recipe. Just whip heavy cream in a mixer or whisk vigorously by hand. We sweeten it only a little bit. If you need help stabilizing it, you can add cream of tartar or just buy "whipping cream" which is pre-stabilized for you. We like to add vanilla, but the alcohol extracts make it harder to whip, so you might prefer either buying pricey alcohol free vanilla extract or making vanilla sugar.

Some day I'll just buy an NO2 charger based whipping canister. They function a lot like the CO2 charger soda siphons.

Thank you very much :). I will now have to search for a crepe recipe.

santashelperkobrin

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
May 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Im makeing chesse filled pasta with a nice white sause, I know my Hubby and Kids love this...So why not make there faves!! :)

Ruth

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
Every year, my husband and i get take out on Valentine's Day. We usually get the food from an Italian restaurant. An entree, salad and bread.

Reactions: snowflake22

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
I cook a meal at home for Valentines day ....Rump steak and all the trimmings...:p

'Tis the season

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Sep 6, 2010
Northern Ireland
We have cooked at home the last few years and this year will be no different. Unfortunately I'm working V day, so we will have something on Saturday night. To be honest I quite enjoy cooking a special meal at home,just as long as I have some time.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image