Who has to watch the, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?

Chillywilly

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 21, 2007
Northern California
Yes we have to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year. It is tradition in our family to do so. We truly enjoy it while laying around or preparing dinner.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
We always watch it. Although getting through the last hour to see Santa is really hard, sometimes.

stacyk9

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Sep 16, 2009
I absolutely watch the parade, to the disgust of my husband. He tolerates it being on because he knows I enjoy it so much, but he finds it boring. He likes things a little more fast paced. I, too, like many posters have it on in the background while preparing Thanksgiving dinner and then watch Miracle on 34th Street right afterwards. I love the holidays!!!

Faith4always

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 17, 2008
Lafayette, LA USA
I absolutely watch the parade, to the disgust of my husband. He tolerates it being on because he knows I enjoy it so much, but he finds it boring. He likes things a little more fast paced. I, too, like many posters have it on in the background while preparing Thanksgiving dinner and then watch Miracle on 34th Street right afterwards. I love the holidays!!!

Us too if we're not traveling to AR to be with family!!! cheesy

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I also always have the parade on in the background as i am prepping/cooking dinner. I run in to see santa too, i still find it exciting. :)

Same here - I'm always making some kind of food to bring to the Thanksgiving party, but never fear that it's on in the background!!! :smile: I try to be done in the kitchen so that I can sit & watch Miracle On 34th Street though after the parade!! (2:00 I think)

hilarios

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 10, 2008
Wisconsin
Growing up I would catch a little bit here and there, but we usually are driving to IL during the parade. This year I am going to DVR it and watch it while decorating my tree or making up Christmas Cards. :)

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
I have always watched it.I gotta catch some of it each year the kids enjoy it with me.

Smiley21

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Apr 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I think that I'd die if I didn't watch the parade. I think I look forward to the parade more than I look forward to Christmas LOL. I kid. I kid. But I LOVE to watch the parade, being that I'm still "young" my family doesn't ask me to cook, & its a bit of tradition of my dad to wake me (when he's not at work, he's a firefighter) & tell me, "Hey the parade's about to start" I sit there & get so excited about the floats & balloons like I'm 6 LOL.

I'll never forget one year I woke up & the little thing that dangles in the back of your mouth was swollen, I couldn't swallow, talk, or anything ALL while the parade was going on...my only mission at that time was to make that thingy go down so I could sit down & enjoy the parade LOL! Love, love, love it!:pilgrim:

Silverbells

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 28, 2008
Philadelphia Pa. USA
I know what u mean. I dont watch the Macy's parade because I live n Philadelphia Pa. and we have our own parade the oldest Thanksgiving Day parade n the country to be exact. But sometimes I switch back n forth through channels to see whats happening with parades n other parts of the country. After the parades go off its time for football!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image