Worst Holiday?

ChristmasRyan

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Oct 29, 2006
Michigan.
k, have some fun with this topic.

if you could get rid of one or two or even three holidays, which one(s) would you want gone? Personally, i don't like flag day.

Reactions: 1 person

Christy Carol

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2006
Redfield Arkansas
I dont like Valentines day...strange huh? I just think it has totally lost its meaning and is horrible for single people. Too much pressure to be happy and in love.

Reactions: 1 person

mrshfromjersey

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Port Charlotte, FL
home.earthlink.net
I agree that Valentine's Day has lost all meaning. I think you should show each other how much you love each other every day in every way

ReineV

Christmas Connoisseur
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 2, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
Yea...Valentines Day. I don't think spouses/SO should just be romantic that ONE day! Besides, it alienates single people...married/non-singletons have anniversaries and birthdays to do all that stuff on..why nationally recognize a day that pretty much ridicules you for being single?

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
The company I work for only recognized Thanksgiving and Christmas and holidays that we don't work, so it makes no difference to me, I'm going to work anyway. :(

Sean

Christy Carol

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2006
Redfield Arkansas
e_xander said:
The company I work for only recognized Thanksgiving and Christmas and holidays that we don't work, so it makes no difference to me, I'm going to work anyway. :(

Sean

Same here! Even with New Years Eve being on a Saturday last year I still had to come in for a few hours. You can bet your last buck this place will be open. We will be open Christmas Eve this year even though its a Saturday. I wont be here but its an option for everyone to work if they want. And no, you dont get OT or holiday pay.

Kristmas Kate

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jun 14, 2007
California
Man, I loved valentines day as a kid. I wouldn't do away with it basically because I used to have so much fun making valentines, and giving away candy and dressing in the cute colors. So, If I had to it would be arbor day, i mean if I really had to. Don't get me wrong I love trees...(Christmas wouldn't be the same without them)

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image