Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Our "office Thanksgiving" is today---office provides the turkey, stuffing, and gravy, the rest is potluck. Great spread, including desserts, but the mashed potatoes ran out before I got in line! Oh, well, Thursday I can have all the mashed potatoes I want!

MMM! Hope you enjoyed! I work Thanksgiving, so all my ER co-workers are bringing one or two things. We'll have turkey and all the fixings, plus pie, since we can't be with our families. After all, we spend more time with each other most of the time, then our own family and basically are a second family. It will be nice to spend it together, if we can't be with our immediate family.

Last edited:

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I would have gone for the gingerbread. Their are several treats that were served at our home over the years, but gingerbread, shortbread and sugar cookies were my faves.

Too bad you missed out on the potatoes too. I'll never forget the Christmas a few years ago when I ran up to the Mall Santa and asked him for World Peace, a slinky, two Clementine Oranges and a can of corn. He said in his deep Santa voice, "That's an unusual request about the can of corn. I'll see what I can do. HOHOHO!" That's because I like that on the side with my potatoes, stufffing and turkey and two years in a row it wasn't offered (mom thought there wasn't enough to pass around and that she had several other dishes to set out including my brothers pickerel).
Great story! But, did you GET your can of corn?
This one's on me!
But the BEST corn was from my grandfather's garden. My aunt and grandmother used to prepare it for freezing by scraping it off the cob and parboiling it. I'd always sneak little pieces of it---so good, even with no salt or butter.
corn.jpg

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Great story! But, did you GET your can of corn?
This one's on me!
But the BEST corn was from my grandfather's garden. My aunt and grandmother used to prepare it for freezing by scraping it off the cob and parboiling it. I'd always sneak little pieces of it---so good, even with no salt or butter.
View attachment 65834

Yes, I did get my can of corn. And the following year, I snuck a can into my husband's stocking just in case. HaHa
I'll bet that homemade corn was scrumptious.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Oooh your house must look so festive with the three trees up. Have fun continuing your decorating HMG!

Thank you Martine! I didn’t make too much progress today but it will get done. I’ll try to remember to share pictures :) I hope you have a nice night!!!
xx

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Sounds like a wonderful week! Enjoy the movie - let me know what you think!
It was a good movie. A lot different than what I thought it would be. I was hoping it was going to be more about his entire life. But I did enjoy it.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good evening, I am off all week and spent all day cleaning, got a lot done but still have more to do tomorrow. I am beat but it will be well w north it as the house will be all ready for Thanksgiving dinner and then to decorate for Christmas this weekend. Still need to pick up a few things for the grocery store and will get them first thing Wed morning. Going to sit and relax watching Christmas movies on Hallmark. Have a great night.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Currently watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation on AMC. Freeform has the their specials on too! This is the time of the year that a lot of great programming is on and it is so hard to pick what to watch.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
How 'bout Terrific Tuesday?

1 more sleep until the Pines Gathering; I wonder if Carl will be serving turkey at the Inn.

I head back to work after four days off, feels like 5 because of the symposium I attend last Thursday.

I have a bunch of things to accomplish at work this week so it should speed by quickly.

I had a weird dream not long after I fell asleep. A Newfoundlander dog turned into a grizzly bear and was licking my face and his tongue was swiping my mouth; he turned into a koala bear and was still licking my face so I put my hand up to block it and was pulling my head away when the effort woke me up. I might have to look up that dream meaning.

I fell back to sleep soon after and had a dream that I was walking through fluffy snow and could see a small man throwing wreaths onto the antlers of a reindeer - I guess it was an elf. I guess I was dreaming about reindeer games.

-surprise-Stay jolly -reindeer-

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve MMC! Had a little internet issue this a.m. but now it's fine. Today I think will feel even more exciting than yesterday. That's how it usually is this week. Each day gets more exciting. I'm going to buy my favorite lunch today. I've done that the last few years on the Tuesday of Thanksgiving Week. I want to feel the excitement and be out during lunch time running errands. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve Eve!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC!
I’ll be heading out as early as I can to do my final food shop before Thanksgiving. Chloe also has a groomer appointment. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores and hopefully decorate. I’m going to work on my vintage ornament tree today. Dinner will be tacos. I guess that’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a great day!!!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Thanksgiving Trackers!
And the trail grows hot as we close in rapidly on that very festive day.

Let's look at the telling data:
Days to Thanksgiving: 2 (DAY AFTER TOMORROW!)
Days to Christmas Day: 29 (UNDER ONE MONTH TO GO!)
(These special days are just racing toward us, Folks!)

The weather is cool but actually rather pleasant for this time of the year, with plenty of sun and no rain. Should be quite nice today and tomorrow before we chill out a bit for Thanksgiving day.
Our reading at this hour is 38 degrees here in the sunny capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everybody!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Thanksgiving Trackers!
And the trail grows hot as we close in rapidly on that very festive day.

Let's look at the telling data:
Days to Thanksgiving: 2 (DAY AFTER TOMORROW!)
Days to Christmas Day: 29 (UNDER ONE MONTH TO GO!)
(These special days are just racing toward us, Folks!)

The weather is cool but actually rather pleasant for this time of the year, with plenty of sun and no rain. Should be quite nice today and tomorrow before we chill out a bit for Thanksgiving day.
Our reading at this hour is 38 degrees here in the sunny capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everybody!
Thanks Crown! Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning, MMC! Kids start their Thanksgiving break today and I'm off the next two days, so we'll be spending some time together, watching Christmas specials and movies. This morning is parent teacher conferences, so that's where I'll be spending most of my late morning. DD is part of the elementary student council and has to help with the conferences, so she has to go as well, so she'll be volunteering most of her morning there too. Tonight, is a few hours of baton and guitar lessons, but other than that, that's all I have planned for today. DH will be gone for most of the day. He has to do an honor guard set-up for a funeral for work and then will be at work at 4:30 tonight, until tomorrow morning, but at least we'll all get to spend time together tomorrow for the holiday. Hope you all have a great day!

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Good morning everyone! Can't believe it is Tuesday already. My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary over the weekend and yesterday I drove to meet my sister and pick up my mom so she can spend Thanksgiving week with us. I have been busy this morning assembling a dessert care package for my brother and his family that he will pick up this morning. Thank goodness I bake ahead of time and freeze stuff. I packed a loaf of pumpkin bread, walnut fudge, snickers fudge, a batch of cake mix bars, a batch of rice krispie treats, and a mix of dark chocolate chip cookies, chocolate peanut butter chip cookies, and (my favorite) ginger molasses cookies. 90% of that I made ahead of time and froze in advance. Good thing too or they would not have received much! But I love to send over cookies and things to my nieces and nephews and some of my brother's girlfriend's family will be in town for Thanksgiving so I always make a big batch of desserts to send over! Tonight we are taking my mom through a local drive-thru Christmas lights display and then will pick up takeout Chinese for dinner. We will go get our live tree tomorrow morning which is my favorite part of the week and then I will decorate and start to cook the rest of the day! Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image