Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
A Good Holiday Season Morning to one and all!

And the holidays are really hoppin' as we close in on Thanksgiving!

Today's figures:
Days to Thanksgiving: 4 (Barely over HALF a week left!)
Days to Christmas Day: 31 (One month from TOMORROW!)
(Wow!)

Sure enough, it cooled off yesterday and the rain fell for most of the day. No way to get any outside work done, but a perfect day to watch our annual Raleigh Christmas parade on TV.
I actually prefer the Raleigh parade to the Macy's one because it's more of a real parade rather than a Broadway musical show.
Today should be clear but a bit on the chilly side, with highs in the mid 50's.
Tomorrow though, will start a string of three days in the 60's.
Our present reading is 50 degrees here and it's a bit windy.

Have a Super Sunday, Folks!
Enjoy your NFL game of choice today.
Thanks Crown! I agree the Macy parade has kinda taken a turn for the worse. Wish they would go back to the old format.

Irishsnow

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Dec 5, 2005
Ireland
Good afternoon Christmas friends

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
A Good Holiday Season Morning to one and all!

And the holidays are really hoppin' as we close in on Thanksgiving!

Today's figures:
Days to Thanksgiving: 4 (Barely over HALF a week left!)
Days to Christmas Day: 31 (One month from TOMORROW!)
(Wow!)

Sure enough, it cooled off yesterday and the rain fell for most of the day. No way to get any outside work done, but a perfect day to watch our annual Raleigh Christmas parade on TV.
I actually prefer the Raleigh parade to the Macy's one because it's more of a real parade rather than a Broadway musical show.
Today should be clear but a bit on the chilly side, with highs in the mid 50's.
Tomorrow though, will start a string of three days in the 60's.
Our present reading is 50 degrees here and it's a bit windy.

Have a Super Sunday, Folks!
Enjoy your NFL game of choice today.
Thanks Crown! Happy Pre-Thanksgiving Week!

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Good morning all! Working again today. It’s chilly here and the grass and DH’s truck had snow on it this morning. Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

I'm so grateful for people like you doing the great job that you do. Thank you!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merry Sunday, Everyone.

I'm just about ready to go out the door to church. Then errands.

A lady in my building is very sick and I plan on making her and her husband beef stew this afternoon. She is so tiny and supposed to be gaining weight. She is 88 and her husband is 98. They both play cards in our Friday afternoon group. They are well off financially but have had many tragedies in their lives. She lost both daughters, at a young age, to cancer. He is a retired NYS police officer and lost one of his sons to drugs and is estranged from the other because of drug use. The lady told me she hates Christmas because it's just too sad to think about without her daughters. She has one son but they don't speak and she never told me why. Please pray for them and pray that, somehow, she and her son will reconcile. She does keep in touch with her adult grandson. He is deployed overseas but visits when he is back in the states.

It's very kind of you to cook them something to eat and to reach out for good thoughts and prayers for the family.

One of my brothers was a bit of a black sheep in the family for several years by his choice not ours. He came back into our lives when my mom passed away. After years of trying to connect and even apologizing for anything he may have done to put the distance between them, I suggested my dad give up because it was causing him heartache.

He's still a bit aloof, but made it to my husband's celebration of life and we had a good visit. He is now receiving treatment for personality disorder he didn't know he had so that might answer a few things for us.

I'll keep the couple in my thoughts and hope they can reconcile and that their son can kick the drug habit.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Sunday!
I am having some coffee and relaxing. Looks like a rainy day so we will probably just relax today and we are going to a friend’s house for dinner. My oldest hasn’t really been out of the house too much with her surgery so it will do her good and she goes back to school tomorrow.
Hope you all have a great day!

Is she walking after the surgery; how does she manouver?

I hope she doesn't wind up with too much pain after returning to school.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Merry Sunday, Everyone.

A lady in my building is very sick and I plan on making her and her husband beef stew this afternoon. She is so tiny and supposed to be gaining weight. She is 88 and her husband is 98. They both play cards in our Friday afternoon group. They are well off financially but have had many tragedies in their lives. She lost both daughters, at a young age, to cancer. He is a retired NYS police officer and lost one of his sons to drugs and is estranged from the other because of drug use. The lady told me she hates Christmas because it's just too sad to think about without her daughters. She has one son but they don't speak and she never told me why. Please pray for them and pray that, somehow, she and her son will reconcile. She does keep in touch with her adult grandson. He is deployed overseas but visits when he is back in the states.

Prayers that your friends family can achieve some reconciliation. I’m keeping you in prayer too as you deal with your own issues.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Sunday, Everyone.

They will be in my thoughts.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Sunday!
I am having some coffee and relaxing. Looks like a rainy day so we will probably just relax today and we are going to a friend’s house for dinner. My oldest hasn’t really been out of the house too much with her surgery so it will do her good and she goes back to school tomorrow.
Hope you all have a great day!

Hope you enjoyed! Hope your daughter is continuing to come along!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I'm so grateful for people like you doing the great job that you do. Thank you!

Thank you - that’s so very kind of you to say! I love what I do and grateful that I am able to serve the community and help people. DH works a 24 hour shift tomorrow, a long shift, longer than normal. This time of the year, lots of overtime comes a bout!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good evening, friends! Hope you’ve all had a great day. Settling in for the night and I’ll be heading to bed soon. I work tomorrow, but hopefully only 8 hours. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
Good morning!
Only a few days till the big day!
The turkey is in my fridge thawing.
And Im doing some baking today.

I slept max 2 hours last night,
so I guess I have to take a nap sometime today...

Wishing you all a wonderful day! :snowball

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Monday! I had a busy weekend but I managed to put three trees up yesterday. I have lots of decorating to do so I’ll be chipping away at that all week. I have a chiropractor appointment later today and I’m going to make a Target run afterward. Back home to work on chores, make a pot of chicken soup for dinner and decorate when I get the chance. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!!!
xx

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Rudolph Day! I can't believe we are on our last one! And please don't throw the tomatoes at me yet, but I am just a *tiny* bit sad that our long awaited December is almost upon us! Sometimes for me, it seems that the countdown each year is just as much fun as our actual beloved CHRISTMAS DAY! We wish all year long to get into the 'ber months, the best time of the year, and then sadly once they get here, they fly by!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image