Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you decorate for Valentine's day?

Discussion in 'Valentine's Day' started by made582, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Christmasstar

Christmasstar one Crazy Canadian ! Christmas Card Exchange 2017 MMC Lifer

I just bought a big bag full of decorations for Valentines day. I decorate the tables for our seniors lunch which means putting together 18 center pieces.
    In my home I have a bowl of heart shaped candies on the table and I do put something on the front door.

2 people like this.
  2. tomtemor

tomtemor Christmas Fan MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

Valentine┬┤s Day in Sweden is not that big of a deal. I was told that the schools are not even allowed to sell flowers any more because if one person gets alot and another gets none that is considered "mobbing". I thought that was terrible. I cannot say I was popular in school, but I do not think I was scarred for life by not getting any either.

Oh well, to answer the question. Cupids and hearts are also christmas motif┬┤s in sweden, so we take down the more vintage christmas curtains (also a very swedish thing) and put up red check side panels and a beige valance with cupids and hearts in the kitchen (our main "living" area). In the living room (you'll hear me complain about our apartment often) which is more of a storage area, we will take down the more swedish looking christmas curtains and put up solid red. IN the bed room, the duvet covers have been changed to hearts and roses already for Christams. I have seen the 4 ft pink trees with V-day decorations on ebay and would LOVE to have one someday, but no room right now.

Some years, I have bought a card, but I am unemployed and hubby has just be cut back to 50% so proabably not this year. I was thinking of making vegeterian lasagna on the 13th so we can just reheat it on thursday, the 14th. Thursdays are my volunteer soup kitchen days and I am dead on my feet when I get home. So, reheated lasagna with a side salad, bread, and a store bought dessert should do it. It is also the day after Ash Wednesday, so Lent is upon us too. :-x:cold:

3. ella13

ella13 Christmas Fan MMC Member

no i've never decorated and most year don't celebrate it, me and the OH very rarely buy each other anything anyway...

4. novelist

novelist Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

I have Valentine window clings on our front living room window, and I have a few figurines I put out and a Valentine banner

5. prancer

prancer Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I don't decorate for Valentine's but i do celebrate the day with my wife;)

6. NcGunny

NcGunny Candycane Wrangler Christmas Card Exchange 2017 MMC Member

Actually my birthday is the day before V Day so I do up a Valentines Day tree. Then it gets all taken down and for 1 week to celebrate my birthday it will be decorated however I want. Then the wife turns it into Easter Tree.

SnowflakeMom likes this.
  7. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Aww that is quite nice that they do that.
    To be honest I never really thought about decorating for Valentines and I've never really come across Valentine's decorations. I usually have some flowers up and cards but I don't go all out.

prancer likes this.
  8. NcGunny

I took the cheap Valentines Necklaces and made kind of a bead garland out of them. Paper crochet hearts,we took silk roses and fastened them to alligator clips a few felt envelopes we found..kinda have to think outside the box for V-**Day deco.Some places like Bronners do carry a line of stuff. V-Day balls,lights,asst. ornaments,garland. I also did some salt cookies with V-Day cookie cutters.

9. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

That is so creative and inspired. Sounds really fun!

10. HollyKing

HollyKing Merry Monarch of Yuletide MMC Premiere Member

Used to, but not any more. These days my V-Day celebration consists of a Whitman sampler that I buy for myself while watching either of the My Bloody Valentine's and The St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Cynical? Me?

11. Ali

Ali Holiday Fangirl MMC Lifer

I like to add a few touches for the holiday, but nothing all out like Halloween and Christmas.

Holiday likes this.
  12. 'Tis the season

'Tis the season Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Babysitting permitting we'll go out for some food but we don't decorate. I'm always glad to see it though as it signals the end of the worse part of the year.

Holiday and SydneyBeems like this.
  13. NcGunny

Our last Christmas tree that stays up until the end of January gets turned into a Valentines Day tree. Overall V-Day deco is kinda scarce so the tree gets loaded with lights and bead Valentines Day necklaces I found that were cut apart and made into long strands. Hearts and homemade deco adorn it. After V-Day the tree is used as my tester for all the new Christmas Deco I have bought since Jan 1st. Then it goes to a Easter Tree.

'Tis the season and Holiday like this.
  14. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer

Love this....my MIL does the same thing. She hangs hearts on it and then for Easter there are little bunny ornaments.

NcGunny likes this.
  15. NcGunny

We have a ton of Easter stuff for the tree..bunnies,baskets,eggs.
    Valentines Day is just a weird holiday and not much is available. I did find fake roses and glued clips on them to use as ornaments.

SnowflakeMom likes this.
  16. DoYouHearWhatIHear

DoYouHearWhatIHear Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Premiere Member

I was thinking about how I don't today! Many of our neighbors use door decor in our apartment. My husband bought me pink roses, so I'll call that our decor. :)

17. irishsnow

irishsnow Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

No. Bah Humbug

18. Rita Howard

Rita Howard Merry Forums Newbie MMC Member

I like to go for vacations with my husband.