Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Valentines day...

Discussion in 'Valentine's Day' started by Christmasstar, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Christmasstar

Christmasstar one Crazy Canadian ! MMC Lifer

I was in the dollar store the day before Christmas and they where already putting out Valentines stuff.
    And they say Christmas starts to soon!! cheesy

1 person likes this.
  2. Annette1990

Annette1990 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

They don't waste no time, do they? I noticed the same thing today at a local store. They still have a few isles of Christmas stuff out with 70% off and already stocking new shelves with Valentine Day goodies.

3. Undrtakr

Undrtakr MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Well it IS almost here ;)

4. Jolly Old Elf Mary

Jolly Old Elf Mary Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

Yep, I've been seeing it too. Plus, one store had a small display of Easter candy.

5. momnan30

momnan30 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

No kidding, I saw the aisle of Valentines at Walmart 2 days after Christmas!

6. Mumof2

Mumof2 One Happy lil Elf MMC Lifer

I love Valentine's day,can't wait.

7. Snow-in-Texas

Snow-in-Texas Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member

My wife's birthday is the day before Valentines day. I am so glad she isn't materialistic, or that would be a nightmare.cheesy

8. mommytotwo

mommytotwo Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I had seen Valentines things in our stores today as well.

9. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew

That would be bad! Lol.. Just keep it simple. cheesy

10. Sapsorrow

Sapsorrow Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

I don't know, I'm kind of looking forward to Valentine's Day. For me that's when it starts to feel like spring is right around the corner. I love the heart shaped boxes, and every year I hope my husband will get me one from the local chocolate maker (something has always come up, but I think this is the year). We make crepes, watch a sweet love movie, I like Amelie, and relax.

11. singingringingtree

singingringingtree Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

Saw Easter eggs in the shop yesterday.

:snowball:

1 person likes this.
  12. ILuvChristmas

ILuvChristmas MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

We shouldn't be surprised to see Valentine's out in January when it actually is in the middle of Feb. So that's only a month of Valentine decor. We see Christmas in September or earlier!! Hence months and months of Christmas :).

Soon we'll see Easter trekking in on Valentine's Day lol

13. santashelperkobrin

santashelperkobrin Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

I think it is just becuse V-day is just one day were people do Christmas in a way for almost a month, To me V-day means alot I meet my Hubby almost 6 years ago and fell in love =)

2 people like this.
  14. Sanity Clause

Sanity Clause Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Valentine's Day is no good when you are single. :(