Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, People of Distinction.
And let it be understood that only those of distinction and purpose keep the Christmas torch burning year round and are here daily to watch the progress of our tireless advance on that Season of choice.

And by the flickering light of that eternal torch, we read the latest count figures:
Days to the Season: 217
Days to Christmas Day: 259

The torch also burns bright enough for us to make out the most recent two approaching Milestones even though they are some distance down the road, yet.
First to arrive will be the 1/3 point to Christmas Day, pending now just 16 days ahead. TWO WEEKS from the day after tomorrow!
And following by only one, solitary day will be the 200-DAY SEASON WINDOW.
Back-to-Back Milestones.
It only happens once a year in April, Folks.

No further rain fell yesterday and as a result, the yellow pollen was back in force, coating everything with a thick powder. Using a leaf blower raises a yellow cloud, which soon settles back down again. Frustrating.
At least the temperatures were comfortable, and today will see us back into the low 70's with the chance of rain shown at 0 percent.
This mid-week day begins here in central NC at 56 degrees.

Did I just say "mid-week"?
Why, I did, didn't I?
And that, of course, means another open house at the Shispering Pines this evening.
Naturally, being surrounded by pines means lots of pollen at our inn of choice, too. But unless you are allergic, it's worth it to see all the beautiful flowers raised locally at the 'Pines in their own garden. How about a leisurely stroll there while munching on a fired twinkie and sipping some sweet, southern iced tea?
Sure sounds good to me!

You have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!
Thanks Crown! Happy Double Digits April!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Pines Day MMC!
It’s going to be a nice day with a high of 57 degrees. Not too much going on here today, just a typical day of errands and chores. The Islanders made it to the playoffs, first round starts tonight. My husband and I have tickets for Friday’s game, I’m excited. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Naturally, being surrounded by pines means lots of pollen at our inn of choice, too. But unless you are allergic, it's worth it to see all the beautiful flowers raised locally at the 'Pines in their own garden.

You'd think a smart camel like Carl could rig up a gizmo with coffee filters to catch the excess pollen ...

GWarren

Seasons Eatings Podcast
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
Happy Hump day everyone. I took the dog for a nice long walk this morning. While I was out with him yesterday we met another dog-walker and he mentioned a new pond area about a ten minute drive from where I live. Finley and I walked around the perimeter and it took about 50 minutes. Good exercise for the both of us. It's a little soft and muddy around some parts, but it will be a great area in the summer so he can play in the water.

Taxes are done and I'm getting a little bit of a refund so that's good. We've made some plans for travelling this summer so now we have to work out when the BIL can take the FIL.

Speaking of, the FIL had a physio appointment. Turns out he has arthritis in both knees and his hip, so he's been told to use a walker at all times. Easier said than done. Even though the doctor and PT has told him that if he doesn't it will just make the arthritis worse, we still catch him not using it. And the doc has said that if he falls, which at 84 is a great possibility, and breaks a hip then it's game over. He'll be in hospital for months of recovery and then a home, because he won't be able to walk without assistance again. Sounds harsh, I know, but sometimes you have to be blunt to get the message across.

It's been nice reading about everyone's comings and goings. I'll try to keep in touch as much as possible. Happy Pines day all.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
You'd think a smart camel like Carl could rig up a gizmo with coffee filters to catch the excess pollen ...
Clever though he is, he is a camel, not a mechanical engineer...o_O

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Clever though he is, he is a camel, not a mechanical engineer...o_O
Coffee filters (or anything coffee-related) usually inspire his creativity. Just musing. Some of his decorative schemes I've witnessed make me believe he may have some talent as a mechanical engineer!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Well I don't know, Merry. That might give him some....well....questionable ideas about new coffee blends!

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning, People of Distinction.
And let it be understood that only those of distinction and purpose keep the Christmas torch burning year round and are here daily to watch the progress of our tireless advance on that Season of choice.

And by the flickering light of that eternal torch, we read the latest count figures:
Days to the Season: 217
Days to Christmas Day: 259

The torch also burns bright enough for us to make out the most recent two approaching Milestones even though they are some distance down the road, yet.
First to arrive will be the 1/3 point to Christmas Day, pending now just 16 days ahead. TWO WEEKS from the day after tomorrow!
And following by only one, solitary day will be the 200-DAY SEASON WINDOW.
Back-to-Back Milestones.
It only happens once a year in April, Folks.

No further rain fell yesterday and as a result, the yellow pollen was back in force, coating everything with a thick powder. Using a leaf blower raises a yellow cloud, which soon settles back down again. Frustrating.
At least the temperatures were comfortable, and today will see us back into the low 70's with the chance of rain shown at 0 percent.
This mid-week day begins here in central NC at 56 degrees.

Did I just say "mid-week"?
Why, I did, didn't I?
And that, of course, means another open house at the Shispering Pines this evening.
Naturally, being surrounded by pines means lots of pollen at our inn of choice, too. But unless you are allergic, it's worth it to see all the beautiful flowers raised locally at the 'Pines in their own garden. How about a leisurely stroll there while munching on a fired twinkie and sipping some sweet, southern iced tea?
Sure sounds good to me!

Thanks Crown! Hope somebody saves me a few twinkies tonight.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Thursday aka Friday MMC! I see a lot of snow out there in the upper mid-west here in nearly Mid-April. That's crazy. We had a nice day here yesterday and should have another nice one today but just on the cool side for this time of year. Have a great Thursday aka Friday Eve!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Happy Thursday aka Friday MMC! I see a lot of snow out there in the upper mid-west here in nearly Mid-April. That's crazy. We had a nice day here yesterday and should have another nice one today but just on the cool side for this time of year. Have a great Thursday aka Friday Eve!
We got hit with snow on Wednesday and it has stuck and it’s depressing at this time of year.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday morning! I’m working the afternoon/evening shift and am taking it easy right now before I have to head out to pick up a couple of things we ordered. I’m looking forward to two days off tomorrow and Saturday, as I haven’t been sleeping very well and am feeling quite tired. Hope everyone has a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks.
Over the hump and down the slope we come, headed for another weekend!

And now that we are past the bulk of the week, we can relax a bit and better enjoy the latest data presentation regarding our countdown and Milestone status.

First, the count:
Days to the Season: 216
Days to Christmas Day: 258

Then, our marker status:
The first of two binary Milestones, the ONE THIRD point to Christmas Day 2019, will arrive just TWO weeks from tomorrow.
One day later, the 200-DAY SEASON WINDOW will open.
(So, expect a flurry of activity as the month winds down, Folks!)

Our weather continues dry, warm and polleny. (I'm beginning to hate the color yellow!) We need another good rain to wash this annoying stuff away.
None of the wet stuff is predicted for today, but Friday night shows a pretty good chance.
Our current temperature is 53 degrees, and we are supposed to reach the upper 70's for the high this afternoon.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Good People!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.
Over the hump and down the slope we come, headed for another weekend!

And now that we are past the bulk of the week, we can relax a bit and better enjoy the latest data presentation regarding our countdown and Milestone status.

First, the count:
Days to the Season: 216
Days to Christmas Day: 258

Then, our marker status:
The first of two binary Milestones, the ONE THIRD point to Christmas Day 2019, will arrive just TWO weeks from tomorrow.
One day later, the 200-DAY SEASON WINDOW will open.
(So, expect a flurry of activity as the month winds down, Folks!)

Our weather continues dry, warm and polleny. (I'm beginning to hate the color yellow!) We need another good rain to wash this annoying stuff away.
None of the wet stuff is predicted for today, but Friday night shows a pretty good chance.
Our current temperature is 53 degrees, and we are supposed to reach the upper 70's for the high this afternoon.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Good People!
Thanks Crown! Happy Friday Eve!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Morning .. Home today as my youngest is sick. Figured while he sleeps I will make a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread and a batch of homemade meatballs for dinner. Maybe I can sneak in a Christmas movie too. Hope everyone has a great day!

Sending get well wishes for your youngest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image