AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Had a short Christmas Dream last night - Pines worthy with a touch of shopping on the side. Lots of fresh warm cookie smells in the air, music over the speakers, lights and decorations and merry folk everywhere.

-lights-:lightman:orny+h+j

Stay Jolly!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! April feels kind of Special doesn't it? I really like this month for some reason. I think it's because we're not in the heat of the summer yet but the winter cold is over. Monday was a long day at work and a tiring one. But hopefully today I can leave on time. Have a great day everyone!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Vigorously Valiant Voyagers!

Some people journey around the world. We journey around the calendar each year, always headed for the same destination. One we have visited many, many times, yet still crave at the same emotional level. A wonderful tradition without end.

We mark our passage as follows:
Days to the Season: 218
Days to Christmas Day: 260

And we mark it also by the passing Milestones.
The next two:
1) The 200-DAY SEASON WINDOW. Now waiting for us at a distance of just 18 days.
2) The ONE-THIRD marker to Christmas Day, even closer, at 17 days hence.
(Aren't these little ports-of-call nice?)

LOTS of rain here late yesterday along with lightning, and our temperatures dropped by about 15 degrees in just a couple of hours. Severe weather was shown as possible but did not develop in our area, fortunately.
A bit more rain is predicted for today and we should climb back into the mid 70's.
It is quite overcast here at this hour, where we stand at 63 degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Some people journey around the world. We journey around the calendar each year, always headed for the same destination. One we have visited many, many times, yet still crave at the same emotional level. A wonderful tradition without end.

The next two:

LOTS of rain here late yesterday along with lightning, and our temperatures dropped by about 15 degrees in just a couple of hours. Severe weather was shown as possible but did not develop in our area, fortunately.
A bit more rain is predicted for today and we should climb back into the mid 70's.

Thanks Crown! Have a Special April Day!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Friends, Doc and I are taking the girls to Disney in November.

I just wanted to share that we just purchased our tickets to the Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom.

I probably won't sleep a wink tonight.
That's awesome, Coach!
-santa dance-

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Friends, Doc and I are taking the girls to Disney in November.

I just wanted to share that we just purchased our tickets to the Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom.

I probably won't sleep a wink tonight.
Wow, what a great event to look forward to!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
That's going to be fantastic. We went as a family twice to Florida and once to the one in California. The first time around, I had somewhat mastered Donald Duck's voice and was calling out to him during the parade. Flower the Skunk from Bambi strolled up and stuck a paw into my popcorn container. I said, "Get your own popcorn, you smelly skunk!" My mom said, "Manners, dear." My brothers called me Skunkface for most of the trip after that happened.

Great memories still roaming through my mind; the girls will love it and you'll love watching them experience it.
Love the skunk story!

When I was about 5 we had a parade through town one July, and there was a clown wearing tatters (like Emmet Kelley). I told him he needed some new clothes, and my mom told me I was rude.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Morning MMC! April feels kind of Special doesn't it? I really like this month for some reason. I think it's because we're not in the heat of the summer yet but the winter cold is over. Monday was a long day at work and a tiring one. But hopefully today I can leave on time. Have a great day everyone!
Wish the winter cold WOULD be over. Red Sox opening day at Fenway, and it'll be in the mid-40s with drizzle. They're telling folks to wear winter jackets and gloves to the ballpark. Ugh. Well, it's better than one "spring," when Fenway opening day was snowed out.

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

Like Crown, we're experiencing severe rain events all week. We haven't had the temperature drop, but lots of lightning and heavy rain, at times. Yippee.

I finished repairing the battery rack in the golf cart at my brother's shop yesterday, then took it home to install the batteries. I put them all in the rack, but found some corroded wiring, so I'm going to replace that today. Hopefully, we'll be riding in a day or two.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota

Yesterday he had 5 falls; three of which occurred in the first 2 1/2 hrs. after waking so I switched gears and worked from home. I can't work from home today so I hope he's more steady on his feet.

The boys want me to consider a home for round the clock care, but sometimes he has good days with no falls and it would break his heart and mine if we had to do that unless there was a place that would accept me and the cat.
#2 Son is going to come on Sunday and see if he can get him in his car and bring him to #1 sons while I'm away then I'll go fetch him on Tuesday and we'll come home on Wednesday.

He is uncomfortable and embarrassed about his need for the commode and doesn't want his boys to see him in this state. Thankfully #1 son is an advance paramedic so it's the safest place for him. His wife is recovering from gall bladder surgery she had three weeks ago so she can't help much in the event of a fall, but will be home.

I reminded him that he needs to do his exercises so he can regain his mobility one step at a time and take back his way of life.

Lift us up in your thoughts; I believe in positive energy.

Heavus - ho...Here we go...;)

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta

The next two:

Thanks Crown! Hope the rest of your day is great.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Well the cat is fed up with all the company. While I was preparing our Chili dinner, the VON nurse showed up (they always call ten minutes before they arrive) and he went through the usual tests and double-checking the dressings on his wounds.

When he left, O'Malley the cat went and plopped himself down in front of the door with his back paws pushed against it so nobody else could come in.

He's such a cool cat. +g

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

Yesterday he had 5 falls; three of which occurred in the first 2 1/2 hrs. after waking so I switched gears and worked from home. I can't work from home today so I hope he's more steady on his feet.

The boys want me to consider a home for round the clock care, but sometimes he has good days with no falls and it would break his heart and mine if we had to do that unless there was a place that would accept me and the cat.
#2 Son is going to come on Sunday and see if he can get him in his car and bring him to #1 sons while I'm away then I'll go fetch him on Tuesday and we'll come home on Wednesday.

He is uncomfortable and embarrassed about his need for the commode and doesn't want his boys to see him in this state. Thankfully #1 son is an advance paramedic so it's the safest place for him. His wife is recovering from gall bladder surgery she had three weeks ago so she can't help much in the event of a fall, but will be home.

I reminded him that he needs to do his exercises so he can regain his mobility one step at a time and take back his way of life.

Lift us up in your thoughts; I believe in positive energy.

Prayers, positive thoughts, strength, and hugs coming your way, Auntie! {{{HUGS}}}

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Better night - no falls yesterday - hospital bed coming today to try it out for a month in the living room for when I'm at work and a night he'll sleep in our bed.

I've been up since 4:00 a.m. - cat hasn't "sprung ahead" yet.

I made tuna, fixed my salad and a small dish of homemade chicken noodle soup.

Cleaned green grapes.

Enjoying a cup of Java - why didn't I set that Kuerig up sooner? I have no idea, but it's really simplified things. I can choose between coffee or tea and often have a cup of each.

Had Santa Claus is Coming to Town stuck in my head and got caught humming it at work yesterday.

Stay jolly! -santa- -reindeer--northpole-

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Double Digits April MMC! Can't believe it's already the 10th of the month. I feel like these spring months go too fast. Hopefully we'll have a nice day today which is predicted after back to back sub-par days. Just moving along towards the Pines. Have a great day!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Pinesday morning, Christmas friends!

I worked on wiring-up the golf cart yesterday, and I charged the batteries for a few hours. I turned the key, stepped on the accelerator, and...nothing. Not even an attempt to move. Grrrr. Something else is wrong. I'll be back at it with a volt meter this afternoon, doggone it.

I'm going at lunch to a nearby Rotary Club meeting to hear Elizabeth's school chorus sing, so I'm more dressed-up than usual at work. When they see me, everyone is worried that they missed a memo LOL.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, People of Distinction.
And let it be understood that only those of distinction and purpose keep the Christmas torch burning year round and are here daily to watch the progress of our tireless advance on that Season of choice.

And by the flickering light of that eternal torch, we read the latest count figures:
Days to the Season: 217
Days to Christmas Day: 259

The torch also burns bright enough for us to make out the most recent two approaching Milestones even though they are some distance down the road, yet.
First to arrive will be the 1/3 point to Christmas Day, pending now just 16 days ahead. TWO WEEKS from the day after tomorrow!
And following by only one, solitary day will be the 200-DAY SEASON WINDOW.
Back-to-Back Milestones.
It only happens once a year in April, Folks.

No further rain fell yesterday and as a result, the yellow pollen was back in force, coating everything with a thick powder. Using a leaf blower raises a yellow cloud, which soon settles back down again. Frustrating.
At least the temperatures were comfortable, and today will see us back into the low 70's with the chance of rain shown at 0 percent.
This mid-week day begins here in central NC at 56 degrees.

Did I just say "mid-week"?
Why, I did, didn't I?
And that, of course, means another open house at the Shispering Pines this evening.
Naturally, being surrounded by pines means lots of pollen at our inn of choice, too. But unless you are allergic, it's worth it to see all the beautiful flowers raised locally at the 'Pines in their own garden. How about a leisurely stroll there while munching on a fired twinkie and sipping some sweet, southern iced tea?
Sure sounds good to me!

You have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image