AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

I may have found a spot for us in the south end of our city; swinging by to take a look from the outside and if it looks solid (no cracks, siding or roof issues), I'll get my dad to come and look at the interior with me as he used to be a Real Estate Agent. There's even a ramp for easy accessibility to the front door of the duplex. As long as the bedroom is on the main floor and everything else checks out; we're good. And it has a fair sized garage and a small back yard with a storage area in the basement.

Have a super Sunday and by golly, stay jolly! -lights-

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I may have found a spot for us in the south end of our city; swinging by to take a look from the outside and if it looks solid (no cracks, siding or roof issues), I'll get my dad to come and look at the interior with me as he used to be a Real Estate Agent. There's even a ramp for easy accessibility to the front door of the duplex. As long as the bedroom is on the main floor and everything else checks out; we're good. And it has a fair sized garage and a small back yard with a storage area in the basement.

Have a super Sunday and by golly, stay jolly! -lights-

Praying it works out for you

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
You should have seen the look on the social worker's face when I barely batted an eyelash when my husband zoned out right in front of him. We were having a conversation talking about power of attorney and other things. Gary was totally involved although I answered more questions than he did, but all of a sudden he had a blank look on his face like he was catatonic. I called his name, touched his shoulder, gave him a wee shake; told him to snap out of it and then pressed the button for the nurse. This has happened in the past, but he comes around within 10-20 minutes and acts as if nothing happened. When the doctor learned of this she came to speak with me and thought with all the other issues that it might be Lewi Body Dementia (Robin Williams diagnosis). Well, I lost it. They were flipping him upside down, his blood pressure dropped to 30 and it just hit me like a tidal wave. I knew there was a friend of mine on the ward working with other patients so I simply said, "I need KELLY! Get Kelly!" Another nurse fetched her and she came in and saw me and said, "Super Shawna; what's going on". She gave me a big hug and I said, "Gary's being a jerk. Looking for attention." (Not, but you know deflect and crack wise sometimes helps.) As he was coming around she went over and told him to stop being a pain in the butt. 5 minutes later he asked why the Social Worker left without saying goodbye and where his lunch was.

I had nearly forgotten about my appointment for my taxes with all the excitement and then took the fastest route I could think of and arrived 10 minutes late. No worries because we've known her along time, I used to see her at the gym a lot, but she mostly did laps in the pool.

I went back and they were treating him for arrhythmia; they also completed a form to discontinue his driver's license.

At 5:30, he ripped off the heart monitor and tried to remove the catheter saying, "That's enough of that - it's uncomfortable and I'm done with it." Not sure what's going to come of it, but he was of sound mind at the time, they can treat him, but they can't monitor him so I won't get answers about the cause of the episode. At least they ruled out Lewi Body Dementia. Or did they?

It's been rough, but I'll tell you, there were signs everyone that I was not alone in this journey. The social worker was someone I've known casually for several years as a cancer survivor and formerly with the military; retired in 2015 and works at the hospital now to act as an advocate for patients and determine a few other things and set wheels in motion for community services, etc.

When I was leaving, I bumped into someone I know through work; a former board member, but still very involved and the fellow in the next bed is a longer. She asked how I was and I said, "fine"; she said I didn't look fine that's when I realized my shield was down so I raised it up again and got back my strength.

So, back to the social worker's facial expression watching me calmly handle that dramatic experience with my husband; it's because it wasn't new to me.

That's when all my merry friends circled around me and I thought of myself as being like an aluminum Christmas tree.

The music rescued me.

I've got my super cape on; I'll get through it, but to be honest, I am waiting for the phone to ring with that dreaded call. So it's hard to be positive all the time, but he really looked "done" this time. I reminded him of his goals and then called number 2 son so they could chat on the phone and hopefully knowing they are coming to see him will help him stick around and fight a little longer.

I truly appreciate all of your good thoughts and prayers.

Have the doctors tested him for non convulsive seizures? My dad had a mini stroke several years ago and as a result of the scarring on the brain developed non convulsive seizures. They are not as common so most doctors do not even test for it.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks!
The remainder of our weekend is just beginning.
And today is the first day of the rest of our count!

Today's data:
Days to the Season: 213
Days to Christmas Day: 255

And those numbers immediately inform us, without the need for reference to our Countdown chart, that we are now UNDER two weeks away from the 200 day Season Window and the start of a 100's level count sequence to our season of choice.
But even before that day arrives, we will reach the ONE THIRD point in our Christmas Day count, arriving at it in just 12 days. Shockingly close now to SINGLE DIGITS!

It rained off and on here most all day yesterday, precluding any further yard work.
Still more precipitation may be coming our way today, but the chances of it are somewhat reduced.
Our beginning temperature for today is 67 degrees, here. And needless to say, it's quite damp.

Have a Super Sunday, Friends!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks!

Today's data:

And those numbers immediately inform us, without the need for reference to our Countdown chart, that we are now UNDER two weeks away from the 200 day Season Window and the start of a 100's level count sequence to our season of choice.
But even before that day arrives, we will reach the ONE THIRD point in our Christmas Day count, arriving at it in just 12 days. Shockingly close now to SINGLE DIGITS!

It rained off and on here most all day yesterday, precluding any further yard work.
Still more precipitation may be coming our way today, but the chances of it are somewhat reduced.
Our beginning temperature for today is 67 degrees, here. And needless to say, it's quite damp.

Thanks Crown! Happy Palm Sunday!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good foggy morning! Spent yesterday meat shopping, dividing up the meats and getting them into the freezer. Going to finish up laundry and then do some baking (strawberry oatmeal bars and PB&J Bars) and hubby wants baked ziti for dinner. Hope everyone has a great day.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all!

Today is a rainy, stormy day in Ohio. A great day to stay inside and relax.

Yesterday we went to Pittsburg for the SteelCity Comic Con. Five members from the cast of The Office were there. We got our picture with the group which was awesome. My wife is HUGE Office fan so this was her birthday present. (Her birthday was the end of March) She wore a dress that has pictures of all of the cast members on it. Meredith (from the Office) actually took my wife's picture. LOL

We then went to their panel discussion and my wife got to ask a question. She was so excited!
Also, one of my wife's students (my wife is a junior high art teacher) made a picture of Stanley from the Office. We brought the picture and had Stanley sign it. That is the second time one of her student's art work has been signed by a celebrity.

So today I am just relaxing around the house. My wife is out on a shopping trip with a friend. It is a special trip that helps raise money for charity groups.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Sometimes when things are going wonky; little things help me smile - like the Robin singing outside the window or watching a family shopping together without using their cell phones or buying a treat for the cat and watching him enjoy it - tried him out last night and this morning with a milky textured tuna and chicken treat - he devoured and mewed his thank you.

My dad will join me up at the hospital later this morning.

Then I'm going to hopefully connect with a Real Estate agent about a ground level home; we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again for your support and words of encouragement and good vibes.

Keep a merry thought in your head +i
May God bless you and keep you Auntie.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good morning all!

Yesterday we went to Pittsburg for the SteelCity Comic Con. Five members from the cast of The Office were there. We got our picture with the group which was awesome. My wife is HUGE Office fan so this was her birthday present. (Her birthday was the end of March) She wore a dress that has pictures of all of the cast members on it. Meredith (from the Office) actually took my wife's picture. LOL

We then went to their panel discussion and my wife got to ask a question. She was so excited!
Also, one of my wife's students (my wife is a junior high art teacher) made a picture of Stanley from the Office. We brought the picture and had Stanley sign it. That is the second time one of her student's art work has been signed by a celebrity.

So today I am just relaxing around the house. My wife is out on a shopping trip with a friend. It is a special trip that helps raise money for charity groups.

I like The Office also, I have noticed though that it attracts people with kinda a odd sense of humor. Its one of those shows that if you dont like it from the 1st episode chances are you will never like it.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning, Folks!

Today's data:

Thanks Crown and a merry albeit soggy Sunday.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Praying it works out for you

Thanks, Minta - it won't do the trick - turns out it's a semi-detached and not at all appealing (except on the inside). My dad is going to touch base with a former colleague next week and we'll do a more proper search. I can see us somewhere new by the summer.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Have the doctors tested him for non convulsive seizures? My dad had a mini stroke several years ago and as a result of the scarring on the brain developed non convulsive seizures. They are not as common so most doctors do not even test for it.

Hi Minta, no they didn't test him for that specifically, but the CT Scan didn't show anything alarming. He has some small scarring from a head injury back in June, 2000, but other than that there was nothing to help understand his condition except that he has an irregular heart beat. They stopped his blood pressure pills as a precaution. They may do a deeper swallow test this week because he's still eating the pudding-texture food. He has a touch of pneumonia on top of everything else, but that could have been caused from the liquids getting into his lungs instead of going down to his stomach. He doesn't actually shake or blink his eyes when he "zones out" as I call it. His heart just forgets to pump and his brain forgets to tell him to breathe properly.

Today was a better day than yesterday. He is still unhappy about where he is, but his angry phase has subsided and he's willing to have the heart monitor put back on so they can find out what's wrong and fix him up.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Hi Minta, no they didn't test him for that specifically, but the CT Scan didn't show anything alarming. He has some small scarring from a head injury back in June, 2000, but other than that there was nothing to help understand his condition except that he has an irregular heart beat. They stopped his blood pressure pills as a precaution. They may do a deeper swallow test this week because he's still eating the pudding-texture food. He has a touch of pneumonia on top of everything else, but that could have been caused from the liquids getting into his lungs instead of going down to his stomach. He doesn't actually shake or blink his eyes when he "zones out" as I call it. His heart just forgets to pump and his brain forgets to tell him to breathe properly.

Today was a better day than yesterday. He is still unhappy about where he is, but his angry phase has subsided and he's willing to have the heart monitor put back on so they can find out what's wrong and fix him up.

My dad didn't shake or blink his eyes either and would be in a comatose state for anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. After he would have no memory of the episode and mentally he was fine. He had minimal scarring on the brain from the mini stroke but it was just enough to trigger them. I pray they find answers soon for his sake and yours.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning all!

This is interesting, my granddaughter who is just wrapping up her first year of College did a sketch of Steve Carell from the Office. I didn't even know she was drawing until my son showed us two of her art pieces. Amazing talent - I'm still drawing potato head or pitch-fork finger people. She did his face with such detail I thought for sure it was a photograph.
I told her to send it to him and well imagined he'd share it on Twitter or something because it was that good and he would take it as a compliment. She did one of a girl putting on makeup with amazing eyelashes, but the Carell one made my jaw drop.
Sounds like a fun time.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
My dad didn't shake or blink his eyes either and would be in a comatose state for anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. After he would have no memory of the episode and mentally he was fine. He had minimal scarring on the brain from the mini stroke but it was just enough to trigger them. I pray they find answers soon for his sake and yours.

I wonder - options are still on the table; at least today he was in a better frame of mine and ready to let them monitor his condition to work on a "get of jail" plan.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good news for me - :snowhappy
if you've been following along in my tales of driving; two summers ago I drove to Toronto and back alone without passengers - that was a big deal for me 'cause the traffic is crazy.
I also got to sail a rather fine boat and I mean steer it.
Well, the Captain was chatting with my brother, and he told him about my husband's health issues and that I was coming and looking forward to catching up with him and some other folks and the Captain gave me a ticket to the huge gala event before the caravan starts so now I'm going to see Tom Cochrane and Friends over dinner with a cool Captain, my dad's friend, a classy jazz singer and her husband who saved JazzFM - my "me time" will be extra special now.

So kind of Paul to offer me a ticket, my brother said he had a spare one, but I well expect he is being modest and bought it to cheer me up.

+f I'm going to be entertained for several hours.

I had to cancel on my cousin, but she understands; if she comes we'll catch up then or when I go back for a vacation in the summer.

I'll try to get on here tomorrow before I take off; I have to go to the hospital to visit for a bit before we leave. I'm not taking my laptop.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good news for me - :snowhappy
if you've been following along in my tales of driving; two summers ago I drove to Toronto and back alone without passengers - that was a big deal for me 'cause the traffic is crazy.
I also got to sail a rather fine boat and I mean steer it.
Well, the Captain was chatting with my brother, and he told him about my husband's health issues and that I was coming and looking forward to catching up with him and some other folks and the Captain gave me a ticket to the huge gala event before the caravan starts so now I'm going to see Tom Cochrane and Friends over dinner with a cool Captain, my dad's friend, a classy jazz singer and her husband who saved JazzFM - my "me time" will be extra special now.

So kind of Paul to offer me a ticket, my brother said he had a spare one, but I well expect he is being modest and bought it to cheer me up.

+f I'm going to be entertained for several hours.

I had to cancel on my cousin, but she understands; if she comes we'll catch up then or when I go back for a vacation in the summer.

I'll try to get on here tomorrow before I take off; I have to go to the hospital to visit for a bit before we leave. I'm not taking my laptop.

Safe travel, Auntie, and have a merry time! {{{HUGS}}}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image