Not open for further replies.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

I didn't get a chance to work on the golf cart yesterday. Nancy said our nephews were playing soccer (church league), and wanted to go to the game. Then we visited her dad. Then it was dark. Maybe today.

Nancy called this morning to say that a smoke alarm went off this morning, but then it stopped. I went home and found nothing. I came back to work, then went home again to double-check. Nothing. I burned some eggs on the stove this morning, so I'm thinking that particular detector (the only one that went off) might be more sensitive than the others. Still, it's hard to be comfortable. I went throughout the house, and even in the attic, and found no problems. I'll change the battery in that unit today, and see if it happens again.

It's another beautiful day here in Bellville! I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Check to see if you have multi-legged friend taking up residence in the smoke detector. If the bug crossed the beam path it will trigger the alarm.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Check to see if you have multi-legged friend taking up residence in the smoke detector. If the bug crossed the beam path it will trigger the alarm.
Good idea!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good afternoon Christmas friends. I hope y'all are doing great! It's 75 and sunny today. Maybe I can get outside after work today.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Tuesday friends ~
I thought I posted here this morning but I guess I didn’t lol. It’s just been a typical day of errands and chores for me. I also visited my parents for a couple of hours this afternoon. I’m just having a quick cup of coffee right now. Dinner is finished cooking but I still need to clean up the kitchen and then I could finally relax. I hope everyone is having a nice day so far!!!
xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hi y'all! Hope everyone is good. Just popped in to say I am thinking of you guys! xo

It is so good to see you, judesmama! I hope all is well with you and the boys and that you will be able to visit here more often!! xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Tuesday!

It has been raining most of the day. The basement is a wee bit damper, but still in great shape. :)

Have a merry evening!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Second-Day'ers!
And 'tis indeed the second day of the week.
So let's take a second and consider the latest unredacted data.

Days to the Season: 211
Days to Christmas Day: 253

And also presented in its entirety is the status of our two pending Milestones, which arrive on successive days prior to month's end.
2019 marker number 6 is the ONE THIRD point to Christmas Day and it will arrive in a mere TEN days. SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow.
Following directly on its heels will be marker 7, the TWO HUNDRED DAY SEASON WINDOW, set to appear on our doorstep in just ELEVEN days.
(The excitement builds, Folks!)

At last a dry day here yesterday, albeit a bit cooler, with temps barely reaching 60 degrees.
Today will see us warm to about 70, again with no rain.
For now, we are situated at a chilly-for-mid-April 45 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everybody!
Thanks Crown! Happy 2nd Half of April!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Merry Tuesday friends ~
I thought I posted here this morning but I guess I didn’t lol. It’s just been a typical day of errands and chores for me. I also visited my parents for a couple of hours this afternoon. I’m just having a quick cup of coffee right now. Dinner is finished cooking but I still need to clean up the kitchen and then I could finally relax. I hope everyone is having a nice day so far!!!
xx
I hope your Dad is doing well. I know this past Christmas was kind of rough. Best to him and your Mom.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hello my Christmas friends!

How can this happen that I go from posting daily to posting once a month?! I really do miss you all & the fun Christmas cheer!

I am trying to enjoy the Hallmark Thursday night Christmas movies & the Friday night HMM Christmas movies! I love that they are doing that ! ❤️

Work is still absolutely crazy. We did hire a new girl and she started yesterday. I think she will be awesome but you know how the whole training thing kind of stinks for everyone. We will get through it! Problem is I am the trainer and I am still learning myself!

I hope all is well with all of you and I am going to try my best to start coming back more often because I really miss my merry home!

Have a great evening!

Marshmallow05

Hot chocolate expert
MMC Member
Jun 18, 2014
The Netherlands
Goodmorning MMC!
I’m having a bad cold so I’ve stayed at home from work since yesterday. I hope it will pass soon, because I really want to feel better before the long Easter weekend starts.
Since I can’t do much besides sleep and relax I think it’s a good excuse to spend some time here on the forum and watch a Christmas movie (or 2), so that’s the only plan I have for today :D

I wish everyone a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Pines Day MMC! April Showers Bring May Flowers? Well we have plenty of those showers coming Thursday through Sunday. But today should be a NICE day so we should enjoy it. And hopefully you all will have a good day as well as we're rolling through the 2nd half of April. Have a great Mid-Week!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
HoHoHello,

I had a great time at the Old Mill with the 20+ bands in 10 rooms.

Met up with Mary Margaret O'Hara (sister of Catherine O'Hara) and their brother Marcus - I found a Christmas nut. She was sweet; she latched onto my arm and didn't want to let me out of her sight.

Mary Margaret was one of the Gala Dinner entertainers; improv style performance with her brother using a balloon for sound effects.

Andy Kim was a surprise addition to the list and he performed three songs - audience participated with Rock Me Gently.

Jim Cuddy shared his story of his friend who was dying when they tried to name a star after him, but were too drunk to find the big dipper.

I had mixed emotions from being there having fun while my husband was struggling at the hospital so I went into "goal mode" and circled every room to thank the performers for being there and supporting the Unison Fund which is set up to support musicians during times of struggle.

The atmosphere was awesome; the Old Mill reminded me of Hogwort's so I wore my Slytherin shirt at breakfast the next morning.

I'll update at another time all the performers, but a merry shout out to the WILLOWS who performed a Christmas song for me after me telling them how I sent along their CD to cheer up a friend on these merry pages.

This is the song they treated my ears to so I could feel my merry chums wrapping their arms around me during this very sad time in my life.

I also managed to catch some of the Silent Movie bits with piano accompaniment from Robert Scott - he helped the frames along with a variety of melodies; rushed and suspenseful with a little ragtime on the side.

Keep a merry thought in your head

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

I win!! The golf cart has succumbed to the strength of my resolve!!

*whew*

Ok. The golf cart finally runs. Now I need a new project.

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Hello my Christmas friends!

How can this happen that I go from posting daily to posting once a month?! I really do miss you all & the fun Christmas cheer!

I am trying to enjoy the Hallmark Thursday night Christmas movies & the Friday night HMM Christmas movies! I love that they are doing that ! ❤️

Work is still absolutely crazy. We did hire a new girl and she started yesterday. I think she will be awesome but you know how the whole training thing kind of stinks for everyone. We will get through it! Problem is I am the trainer and I am still learning myself!

I hope all is well with all of you and I am going to try my best to start coming back more often because I really miss my merry home!

Have a great evening!
I hope you can get it worked out to come back more often!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Mid-Weekers!
Already to the peak-of-the-week and it's only Wednesday.
How did that happen?

Well, while you are trying to figure out that mystery, consider the latest data, just dropped off on our doorstep:
Days to the Season: 210
Days to Christmas Day: 252

And would you believe......we are now down to SINGLE DIGITS to our next Milestone, the 1/3 point to Christmas Day 2019.
Or that one day later, SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow, we will arrive at the 200-day Season Window and the beginning of our first 100's level count numbers of the year?
(Things are just moving too fast. Yep. Moving too fast!)

It remained a bit on the cool side yesterday and I did not see our thermometer reach 70 all day. At least it was dry.
Now today will see a major warming trend and we could reach the lower 80's by this afternoon. With continued relatively low humidity and moderated pollen fall, it should be a pretty good day.
Things have begun at 57 degrees here this fine hump day morning.

And naturally, "hump" brings Carl to mind and his continuing efforts to spring into Spring at the Shispering Pines. He's doing a good job too, and things look very flowery and "Eastery". Rumor even has it that there is going to be an Easter egg hunt on the inn's lawn with one special "door prize" egg hidden for a lucky visitor to find. Wonder what will be inside??
To find out, you must attend. Hope to see all of you there!

In the interim, you do your level best to have a Wonderful Wednesday, OK?

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

You might've missed my small post above; the golf cart finally runs. Luckily, the problem was the solenoid and not the controller. The controller is a very expensive part. Elizabeth was at dance practice, and Nancy was shopping with her sister, so Lulu and I took the cart out on its maiden cruise. She loved it!

And Nancy doesn't know it yet, but I ordered some chrome wheels for it LOL.

Maybe I'll tackle the chainsaw next?

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
I hope your Dad is doing well. I know this past Christmas was kind of rough. Best to him and your Mom.

Thank you so much HIB, my father is doing pretty well. He is still adjusting to getting around with the help of a walker. It looks like that will be his new norm but he is in good spirits and we are thankful for that.
I hope you have a nice day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image