Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Hello my Christmas friends!

How can this happen that I go from posting daily to posting once a month?! I really do miss you all & the fun Christmas cheer!

I am trying to enjoy the Hallmark Thursday night Christmas movies & the Friday night HMM Christmas movies! I love that they are doing that ! ❤️

Work is still absolutely crazy. We did hire a new girl and she started yesterday. I think she will be awesome but you know how the whole training thing kind of stinks for everyone. We will get through it! Problem is I am the trainer and I am still learning myself!

I hope all is well with all of you and I am going to try my best to start coming back more often because I really miss my merry home!

Have a great evening!

We miss you so much Holiday, I’m glad you were able to check in. I hope things settle down at work and that you’re able to spend more time here. Sending hugs!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Goodmorning MMC!
I’m having a bad cold so I’ve stayed at home from work since yesterday. I hope it will pass soon, because I really want to feel better before the long Easter weekend starts.
Since I can’t do much besides sleep and relax I think it’s a good excuse to spend some time here on the forum and watch a Christmas movie (or 2), so that’s the only plan I have for today :D

I wish everyone a great day!

Sending get well wishes!
xx

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Pines Day!
Not too much going on here today. I just took Rocky out for our morning walk. It’s cloudy and cool right now but we’re going to have sunny skies this afternoon with a high of 60 degrees. I’ll definitely get back outside with Rocky later to enjoy the weather. I just need to run to the pet store at some point. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be spaghetti & chicken parmesan. That’s about it it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day!!!
xx

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good morning!!!

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning, Mid-Weekers!
Already to the peak-of-the-week and it's only Wednesday.
How did that happen?

Well, while you are trying to figure out that mystery, consider the latest data, just dropped off on our doorstep:
Days to the Season: 210
Days to Christmas Day: 252

And would you believe......we are now down to SINGLE DIGITS to our next Milestone, the 1/3 point to Christmas Day 2019.
Or that one day later, SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow, we will arrive at the 200-day Season Window and the beginning of our first 100's level count numbers of the year?
(Things are just moving too fast. Yep. Moving too fast!)

It remained a bit on the cool side yesterday and I did not see our thermometer reach 70 all day. At least it was dry.
Now today will see a major warming trend and we could reach the lower 80's by this afternoon. With continued relatively low humidity and moderated pollen fall, it should be a pretty good day.
Things have begun at 57 degrees here this fine hump day morning.

And naturally, "hump" brings Carl to mind and his continuing efforts to spring into Spring at the Shispering Pines. He's doing a good job too, and things look very flowery and "Eastery". Rumor even has it that there is going to be an Easter egg hunt on the inn's lawn with one special "door prize" egg hidden for a lucky visitor to find. Wonder what will be inside??
To find out, you must attend. Hope to see all of you there!

In the interim, you do your level best to have a Wonderful Wednesday, OK?
Thanks Crown! By the looks of our weather anybody hiding eggs outside will have them floating away. If our Easter is early in April it seems to snow, if its late in the month its always rainy. Think that bunny needs to do a reschedule.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Goodmorning MMC!
I’m having a bad cold so I’ve stayed at home from work since yesterday. I hope it will pass soon, because I really want to feel better before the long Easter weekend starts.
Since I can’t do much besides sleep and relax I think it’s a good excuse to spend some time here on the forum and watch a Christmas movie (or 2), so that’s the only plan I have for today :D

I wish everyone a great day!
Is there a good cold?o_O...Heal up more faster better.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Mid-Weekers!
Already to the peak-of-the-week and it's only Wednesday.
How did that happen?

Well, while you are trying to figure out that mystery, consider the latest data, just dropped off on our doorstep:
Days to the Season: 210
Days to Christmas Day: 252

And would you believe......we are now down to SINGLE DIGITS to our next Milestone, the 1/3 point to Christmas Day 2019.
Or that one day later, SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow, we will arrive at the 200-day Season Window and the beginning of our first 100's level count numbers of the year?
(Things are just moving too fast. Yep. Moving too fast!)

It remained a bit on the cool side yesterday and I did not see our thermometer reach 70 all day. At least it was dry.
Now today will see a major warming trend and we could reach the lower 80's by this afternoon. With continued relatively low humidity and moderated pollen fall, it should be a pretty good day.
Things have begun at 57 degrees here this fine hump day morning.

And naturally, "hump" brings Carl to mind and his continuing efforts to spring into Spring at the Shispering Pines. He's doing a good job too, and things look very flowery and "Eastery". Rumor even has it that there is going to be an Easter egg hunt on the inn's lawn with one special "door prize" egg hidden for a lucky visitor to find. Wonder what will be inside??
To find out, you must attend. Hope to see all of you there!

In the interim, you do your level best to have a Wonderful Wednesday, OK?
Thanks Crown! April Showers Bring May Flowers!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
100% surprise. We are going to wake up, not tell them anything different, and drive to the airport. When we get to the airport, we are goign to give them their little mouse ears and tell them where we are going.

Take good notes! You can share some strategies with me. I've got a few I will send your way, too!

Oh that is so exciting and the girls are at the perfect age to do that too! Are you going to do the princess dress-up as well? DD is getting out of the stage of that, but it looks like so much fun! We're going with our best friends and she knows in the ins and outs. I'll let you know!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank you so much Sugar, I’m excited to go tomorrow night. I hope you guys have a blast on Tuesday!
I’m glad to hear that Sidney is doing better, I hope your sweet girl is back to feeling 100% very soon.
xx

I hope you enjoyed the game! Congrats to the Isles for advancing - they deserve it greatly! As much as I hate to say it (because let's be honest, we all want it to be our own team), but I hope they go all the way and win!), they're the underdogs, are hungry for the cup, and their defense is unstoppable right now. Pens just couldn't get a shot or a play going. We had a nice time still to say the least.

Sidney is feeling so much better and back to her old self, thanks so much!

Last edited:

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank goodness you posted about your taxes; I nearly forgot I have an appointment this afternoon to have mine done.

I totally get how your FIL doesn't take to the walker each time; there's something "in them" that makes them think they are stronger one day than they were the day previous. My husband uses a rolator (wheeled walker with brakes), but has a cane for short distances. Nothing to do with arthritis, but the same chance of falling without using his aids could result in serious injury. He is still on the frail side so if he breaks a hip; they estimate 3 months recovery depending on the severity of it and they wouldn't likely let him return home. Even now they don't think he is safe here, but trying to make it work out.

A few days back, he tried to get to the washroom using the walls for balance; took him ten minutes and then I heard him go down and call for help. I was already up before he called for help. He has a commode in the bedroom, but was determined to get to the "real toilet". He was lucky that fall only resulted in a small skin tear on the elbow and another bruise on his back.

Wednesday, he fell around 10:00 and he was alone. I came home to check on him because he didn't answer the phone. He was on the floor, there was blood on the kitchen floor, but he was over on the other end halfway in the dining room and half on the living room carpet; the rolator was nearby. He banged his pretty good, but I managed to doctor him up. He seemed fine and he was hungry so he had half a thick tuna sandwich and some green grapes.

The home care nurse arrived about 10 minutes after I left and 10 minutes later she was on the phone to 911 to have him assessed. He was acting strange and not remembering things correctly. When I got in the EMS was already there and the cat was hiding under the bed.

He kept asking for his nighttime meds and thought it was 2008. I followed the ambulance up in my car and arrived at 12:45. He is still there. He was admitted at 6:45 and at 8:00 I had returned home to get some rest and was called back up to the hospital at 9:30. He gave the doctors and nurses an awful scare. They thought he was dying so I had to go back up and stay with him through the night. They moved him to CCU and set up a cot for me to keep him company.
By then he kept switching the date from 1928 to 2028 and then back to 2008 a few times.

They gave him over 15 litres of oxygen to get him stabilized and are running a bunch of tests.

At 11:30 a.m. they sent him for x-rays and then back to the inpatient surgery ward in a semi-private quad (big space separated with two beds on both sides. Usually one nurse for two quads, but sometimes 2 quads and 2 semi-privates (that's a tough task for those nurses).
Good sign that he is in that section and doesn't need the round the clock care.
He looked much better when I was heading home.

Boy did I ever sleep lastnight. O'Malley the cat didn't even wake me up at 4:00; he let me sleep until 5:00.

I hope he slept well too; I'll be heading up there for 8:00. I bought him a TV and telephone card, but if the unit isn't close to him, he can't answer the phone. 1 son called, but he didn't answer.

I was arranging for a swallow test by speech for Thursday so they were able to do it in the hospital.

I think he'll be okay once they can figure out why the liquid he consumes is going down into his lungs instead of his stomach. There seems to be three medical things going on at the same time and none of it would have been discovered if he didn't bump his head.

The cat didn't come out of hiding until I returned that night before I went back up. He had become so nervous and blocked up that he missed the litter box and urinated all over the spill mat and there were some clumps of poop around the litter box and some inside too. I felt so bad for him. I bought him a new spill mat and set it up yesterday.

I had a short nap yesterday when they took my husband for x-rays and switching accommodations and O`Malley snuggled right down on the spare mattress with me. Last night I was in my own bed and whenever I woke up I thought it was nearly time to get him only to discover I still had plenty of time for more sleep.

Hopefully, your FIL will surrender to the idea that the walker is his "ticket out"; maybe he should give it a name so it's more friendly than foe-like.

Praying things are turning around.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
I hope you enjoyed the game! Congrats to the Isles for advancing - they deserve it greatly! As much as I hate to say it (because let's be honest, we all wan it to be our own team), but I hope they go all the way and win!), they're the underdogs, are hungry for the cup, and their defense is unstoppable right now. Pens just couldn't get a shot or a play going. We had a un time still to say the least.

Sidney is feeling so much better and back to her old self, thanks so much!

Thank you Sugar, we were pretty stunned that they were able to sweep a team as good as the Penguins. Not sure if the Islanders will make it past the second round but we’re extremely excited about the way they’ve been playing. It’s been tough watching them struggle over the years. I’ve been a fan since the 80’s, back when they were winning cups. I’m so happy for us fans, it’s nice to keep the hope alive!
I’m happy to hear that Sidney recovered well!!!
xx

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

I win!! The golf cart has succumbed to the strength of my resolve!!

*whew*

Ok. The golf cart finally runs. Now I need a new project.

Who's the man?!!! Who's the conquerer?
-santa dance- @smilie-santa dance-

Who's the happy wife now that the golf cart is working?
-lights--surprise-+n

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

You might've missed my small post above; the golf cart finally runs. Luckily, the problem was the solenoid and not the controller. The controller is a very expensive part. Elizabeth was at dance practice, and Nancy was shopping with her sister, so Lulu and I took the cart out on its maiden cruise. She loved it!

And Nancy doesn't know it yet, but I ordered some chrome wheels for it LOL.

Maybe I'll tackle the chainsaw next?

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Leave the chainsaw alone :ornarment
Nancy might use it on the golf cart. :wagfinger

HaHa

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
I am thrilled to announce that Jayish won the “special egg” at the Hunt earlier this evening at the Pines. His prize? A pair of leopard print leotards. Paus Du Lux away tiger man! Yabba!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Hello my Christmas friends!

How can this happen that I go from posting daily to posting once a month?! I really do miss you all & the fun Christmas cheer!

I am trying to enjoy the Hallmark Thursday night Christmas movies & the Friday night HMM Christmas movies! I love that they are doing that ! ❤️

Work is still absolutely crazy. We did hire a new girl and she started yesterday. I think she will be awesome but you know how the whole training thing kind of stinks for everyone. We will get through it! Problem is I am the trainer and I am still learning myself!

I hope all is well with all of you and I am going to try my best to start coming back more often because I really miss my merry home!

Have a great evening!
Holiday! It's so nice to see you :) I really hope that things settle down at work for you. The new hire will certainly help with the work load once she is fully trained and has some time to get used to the routine. But I agree that the training part is never easy. Hope that you get to check in more often in the near future.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday middle-of-the-night. Darn sleep maintenance insomnia again has me up again (sigh). I think the stress from the stwrt of our audit season at work is getting to me. My new boss is a Health and safety trainer for our district and I'm an expert on the matter as well and have always guided my stores to great results, so of course we want everything to be perfect for an audit. I've been pulling 11-12 hour days this week double-checking everything and validating employee training. I'm just looking forward to a weekend off at this point.

Looks like I missed the most glorious sunny day yesterday while at work and now they predict nothing but rain until Monday. I need to find a hooded sporty raincoat so I can still go out walking in the rain if I want to. I missed walking so much this Winter with all that ice everywhere, now it's all I want to do. Hope everyone will enjoy a great day later on.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Holy Thursday MMC! I never like to be a downer (especially here) but I found out yesterday a guy who works for my company (who I spoke to just 2 weeks ago on the phone and we were joking around) was found unconscious after 4 hours (he works night shift and nobody was around). He's in a coma now and it doesn't look good at all. The guy is just 50 years old too. And he wasn't sick or anything. I guess you just never know day to day what will happen. That's why you have to enjoy today. Have a good Holy Thursday everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image