Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2019

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2019.

1. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

If I go silent over the weekend; I will return when I can, but if I'm home, I will pop in.

2. prancer

prancer Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Hello MMC friends....As we head into Easter weekend i would like to take this opportunity and wish everyone on MMC a Happy Easter...Have a lovely time celebrating this special weekend with family and friends:)

3. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Good Friday morning! We expect more rain todat and a whole lot of customers at work, since most work places are closed today. I just want to get through the day and enjoy my weekend off. Have a wonderful day everyone!

4. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Morning and "Good Friday" MMC! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers but unfortunately the guy I spoke about yesterday passed away. It was expected as there was little they could do for him they said from the beginning because he was unconscious for hours before anyone found him. Just live every day. That's all we can do and appreciate it. Have a great Good Friday Everyone!

5. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

I’m so sorry to hear that Edge. Sending up prayers for his family and friends.

6. HomemakinGirl

Thank you so much Meceka!
    I hope you have a nice day and a beautiful Easter weekend. Sending hugs!

sugar142286, Rich and He_Is_Born like this.
  7. HomemakinGirl

Good morning ~
    I’m just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. Rocky and I will be going for a walk soon. I have to go to the butcher afterward to pick our Easter ham. I also have a doctor appointment this afternoon, unfortunately I’m coming down with something. Hopefully it’s just cold but we’ll see. My daughter tested positive for strep last weekend so I want to make sure that’s not what I have! I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
    xx

sugar142286, Martine, Bradmac and 2 others like this.
  8. He_Is_Born

He_Is_Born Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer

I’m sorry to hear that Edge. Years ago, before there was such a thing as “real time”, I spent many a night working by myself updating files and printing reports. If I would of had a medical emergency, I would of been in some serious trouble. My heart goes out to that gentleman’s family. So much sadness there.

9. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

Good Morning, Weekend Thresholders!
    Yes, once again, we stand at the doorstep of another weekend, looking forward to our little end-of-the-week oasis.

Well, I think this would be the perfect time then, to take a deep breath, reflect on the week past......and munch on that fired twinkie I just KNOW you took home from the 'Pines Wednesday evening.

So as you enjoy that (perhaps with a tall, cool one of sweet tea) read the following with interest:
    Days to the Season: 208
    Days to Christmas Day: 250

Then, consider this:
    ONE WEEK from tomorrow, we will open the 200-Day French Windows onto the commencement of a 100's level Season count sequence.
    Ah, but we get ahead of ourselves!
    First, we will arrive at the ONE-THIRD point to Christmas Day, which marker shall be here precisely ONE WEEK from today.
    (Be prepared to celebrate, Folks!)

Real nice here again yesterday with warm temps, low humidity, no rain and negligible pollen fallout.
    Today will be an entirely different story, with strong storms in the forecast, some of which could be severe.
    It is already raining lightly, as we observe a starting temperature of 72 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
    And I hope your weekend begins on a very positive note this afternoon!

10. Rich

Rich Ornament Craftsman MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

Good morning Christmas friends! I'm off work today and plan on spending the day with my daughter who's visiting here from Indiana. Tomorrow she heads back home. :( Later today I'll take our new puppy, Daisy, to the vet for her 3 month check up. Severe storms are near us right now, but hopefully it won't be too bad here. Have a wonderful Friday!

[​IMG]

11. Rich

Rich Ornament Craftsman MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member

So sorry to hear this Edge. My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends.

12. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Continued prayers for you, my friend and I'm so thankful you have family support as well!

HomemakinGirl, Rich and He_Is_Born like this.
  13. sugar142286

This is so awesome! I didn't even know this was going on myself - this would have only been a couple hour drive myself as well and it's one of my favorite shows too. Very cool - glad you guys enjoyed!

14. sugar142286

Hope you had a wonderful time!

HomemakinGirl, He_Is_Born and Rich like this.
  15. sugar142286

Great to see you! Hope all is well with you too! Happy Easter to you and the boys!

16. sugar142286

Great to see you, Holiday! Hang in there - thinking of you, friend. Hope all is well with you too! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

17. sugar142286

Hope you feel better soon!

18. GWarren

GWarren Christmas Cookie Maker Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Happy Easter weekend to all. Things will be a bit busy this weekend as I have three different groups to prepare for this weekend. There's a small group coming for lunch tomorrow, people coming for breakfast on Sunday, and then family for Easter dinner. Plus work today and tomorrow. Luckily we're closed Sunday, so I'll have a bit of time to prepare. Picked up all the fixin's today so I just now have to prep.

It's supposed to be raining off and on all weekend, but maybe things will clear up by Sunday. We'll see.

I took the dog out for a little walk this morning and let him off leash by a wooded area and he saw a rabbit crossing the field. Off he went. Of course, the rabbit saw him coming and took off. There was a little chase, but he then lost him. There's his exercise for the day. :)

Take care all and have a great long weekend.

19. sugar142286

Prayers for his family and co-workers.

20. sugar142286

That sounds like a nice time! Hope the girls enjoy - Nancy deserves it!