MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning ~
I’m just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. Rocky and I will be going for a walk soon. I have to go to the butcher afterward to pick our Easter ham. I also have a doctor appointment this afternoon, unfortunately I’m coming down with something. Hopefully it’s just cold but we’ll see. My daughter tested positive for strep last weekend so I want to make sure that’s not what I have! I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Oh, I hope you and your daughter are both better! xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Good Friday morning, Christmas friends!

Since her recent surgery for breast cancer, my mom hasn't been able to start her radiation treatment because she contracted shingles. She's been suffering with it for a couple weeks now, but last night it was so bad, she asked me to take her to the emergency room. Three hours later, and 2 shots of pain medicine, she was finally pain-free enough for me to take her home.

This morning, Ii filled her prescriptions and took them to her. She said today was MUCH better, which is a relief for all of us. Thanks for continued prayers for her!

It's really storming here today! I'll be glad when this passes.

I hope y'all have a great Easter weekend! :D

Praying for your mom, Brad! xx

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
We're supposed to get a lot of rain tonight as well. DH is working the next 24 hours. He cleaned our stream that runs on either side of our property before he left for work, praying it doesn't back up and flood. He figured he'll be out a good bit of the evening/night for flooded streams and basements.

We just got done with the kids - painted Easter eggs. We plan tonight watching, "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown!", playing some board games, and we got some pizza already too throw in the oven. I also have chicken dip in the crockpot to snack on. It shall be a fun-filled, family night!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Good Friday morning, Christmas friends!

Since her recent surgery for breast cancer, my mom hasn't been able to start her radiation treatment because she contracted shingles. She's been suffering with it for a couple weeks now, but last night it was so bad, she asked me to take her to the emergency room. Three hours later, and 2 shots of pain medicine, she was finally pain-free enough for me to take her home.

This morning, I filled her prescriptions and took them to her. She said today was MUCH better, which is a relief for all of us. Thanks for continued prayers for her!

It's really storming here today! I'll be glad when this passes.

I hope y'all have a great Easter weekend! :D

I’m sorry to hear that your mom has been struggling Brad, I will continue to keep her in my prayers.
xx

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning Christmas friends! I'm off work today and plan on spending the day with my daughter who's visiting here from Indiana. Tomorrow she heads back home. :( Later today I'll take our new puppy, Daisy, to the vet for her 3 month check up. Severe storms are near us right now, but hopefully it won't be too bad here. Have a wonderful Friday!

I hope the storms aren’t too bad!
Daisy is so cute!!!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Looks like most of the system has moved by. One large pine limb down in our front yard which I will cut up with my chain saw. We didn't even loose power.
Nothing else to speak of in our immediate area. Lots of heavy weather in central NC in other places, though!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank you both. I tested negative for strep so that’s good. Fingers crossed this cold passes quickly!
xx

That is good news! Praying it does as well!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Yeah, the severe weather predictions for our area in central NC are sounding pretty serious for this afternoon.
Nothing but rain today. PTL! There was a confirmed tornado, F-1, a few counties south of us.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
"If Crabtree Valley Mall thinks I'm going to work one minute past quitting time in this heat, they can kiss my......easter basket. No respect!"

Our mall's Easter Bunny, trying his best to stay cool with a portable electric fan on his knee. In which effort, being a rabbit of little imagination, he failed.

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Weekend Thresholders!
Yes, once again, we stand at the doorstep of another weekend, looking forward to our little end-of-the-week oasis.

Well, I think this would be the perfect time then, to take a deep breath, reflect on the week past......and munch on that fired twinkie I just KNOW you took home from the 'Pines Wednesday evening.

So as you enjoy that (perhaps with a tall, cool one of sweet tea) read the following with interest:
Days to the Season: 208
Days to Christmas Day: 250

Then, consider this:
ONE WEEK from tomorrow, we will open the 200-Day French Windows onto the commencement of a 100's level Season count sequence.
Ah, but we get ahead of ourselves!
First, we will arrive at the ONE-THIRD point to Christmas Day, which marker shall be here precisely ONE WEEK from today.
(Be prepared to celebrate, Folks!)

Real nice here again yesterday with warm temps, low humidity, no rain and negligible pollen fallout.
Today will be an entirely different story, with strong storms in the forecast, some of which could be severe.
It is already raining lightly, as we observe a starting temperature of 72 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And I hope your weekend begins on a very positive note this afternoon!
Thanks Crown! Hope you're having a Good Friday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Easter Weekend MMC! The afternoon yesterday brought the sun out some which was nice. But this Saturday morning we have showers, some of them heavy on and off. It should clear up a bit this afternoon but I'm not sure we'll see much sun today. It's ok though because it's the weekend. Have a great Saturday!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
We’re expecting showers and maybe a few thunderstorms today. I’m going to grab an umbrella and venture out, I have to make a big food shopping trip. Back home afterward to work on some chores around the house and then I’ll start prepping whatever I can for Easter. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Saturday moring! Nothing but rain all day yesterday and today. We’re having to do all of our shopping today as everything will be closed tomorrow. Lots of chores to do as well as I didn’t do much during the week. Enjoy your day everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning (again)! Crown is having some power problems so I'll fill in for him today for the Countdown. Let's look at the numbers.

Days to the Season: 207
Days to Christmas Day: 249

WOW! We now are less than a week until we hit the 1/3 marker to Christmas! And the day after that? The 200 day marker with a "1"s count for the season next Sunday. Just insane...way too soon it feels like but I know we all love the milestones. Hope Crown's power comes back and have a Sensational Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image