Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, my Friends.
I hope you are thoroughly enjoying this holiday weekend and are ready to continue the trip on to Christmas!

In that regard, we present the count:
Days to Christmas Day: 24 (Now UNDER 3 1/2 weeks left!)

Chilly again yesterday with some rain.
An even greater chance of precipitation today, but it should be somewhat warmer.
We begin this final day of the Thanksgiving weekend at 50 degrees here, with a light rain falling.

Have a Super Sunday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! Have a great December Begins Sunday!

Reindeer Herder

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 17, 2019
Maryland
Jeez, I blinked and it's now December 1st! Where did the days go? Since turning 60 this year, that sort of thing is of particular concern to me. The church was all decorated this morning and it sure looks beautiful. The new young pastor didn't have any Christmas hymns in the service...guess I'll have to talk to her. I'm turning into such a curmudgeon!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
View attachment 65985 View attachment 65986 Good December 1st everyone! I can’t believe it’s December already. Glad November is over though because it was the coldest on record so far.

We went to our first Christmas market yesterday (see photos above), first time we went to that area north of Montréal. It was a small market but in a lovely setting. I bought a jar of pear and chocolate spread. I make it a point to buy at least 1 item at each market we visit, to support artisans and local shops. Today we’ll go to our own city’s market. Hope we find the apple donuts that we’ve gotten each time we’ve visited, as well as salted caramel, which no one had yesterday at the other market.

And as it’s the first of December, I will start watching 1 Christmas movie or tv special each day (as I attempt to do each year). Planning on fully enjoying the days leading up to Christmas.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Thanks for sharing your market photos. I don't necessarily watch a Christmas film or special every day, but once I sit to down to watch; I tend to binge on several, especially on the weekends.

Hope you found your special donuts.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning all, Happy December 1st!
Where did November go?
I have not been on much recently, but my goal is to be here and post at least once a day for the rest of the month.
We had two Thanksgivings, one at mom's house and one at our house. I was able to see my uncle for the first time in about 8 years so that was nice.
We had my father-in-law over to our house yesterday for the second Thanksgiving. It was happy to get out of the house, but it is hard for him to be comfortable. He recently had surgery on his back to ease some pain, but it is not helping much.
My oldest son, Nathan, did come home from the Army for Thanksgiving. We did not get to spend a ton of time with him because he had a bunch of friends he wanted to see. Still, it was nice we and the rest of the family got to see him. He will not be able to make it home for Christmas, and we had not seen him since Easter.

Friday we cut down our real tree and got it all decorated. It is a nice 11 foot tree and decorated in mostly Santa's or simple red and gold ornaments. We also got our third tree up and decorated on Friday.

Well, I think that about catches everything up. I hope everyone is having a great Christmas season so far!

Sounds very festive; glad you were able to see your son; hope you can visit more often.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good afternoon, MMC and Happy Blessed Sunday! Can't believe it's December 1st! It's the last of the 'bers and the month we've been counting down to all year. Don't be sad my friends. We still have 24 beautiful days and the big day as well! Lots of Christmas music, movies, baking, family time, and most of all, remembering Jesus is the reason!

Today I'm watching various Christmas specials and movies. Right now I'm watching AMC. They have the Rankin/Bass classics on. We have the rain/freezing rain mixture going on. Wish it was cold enough to be snow. Hope all is well with you all and you're enjoying the weekend! As for you all who are in the path of the winter storm, I pray that you stay safe!

I watched a few Ranking/Bass offerings last night and this morning.

Today, I bought cookies, chocolates, fudge, etc. for various local businesses I deal with during the year like my hairdresser, O'Malley's groomer, my mechanic, etc.

I also wound up picking up more books and toys for children of co-workers who I get to enjoy watching grow up.

Every time I say I'm finished I head back out and do more shopping.

I'm looking forward to these last few weeks. I have to accomplish a lot at work to truly enjoy my two-week Christmas vacation.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Afternoon MMC! The storm is upon up and we gathered 2" of snow over the sleet in apprx. 1 hr ish.
Makes it look very festive outside.

If you have to go out; walk and drive gingerly.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Jeez, I blinked and it's now December 1st! Where did the days go? Since turning 60 this year, that sort of thing is of particular concern to me. The church was all decorated this morning and it sure looks beautiful. The new young pastor didn't have any Christmas hymns in the service...guess I'll have to talk to her. I'm turning into such a curmudgeon!

I'm not there yet in age, but the months have been flying for two years. I am not sure where September went and it's December.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I watched a few Ranking/Bass offerings last night and this morning.

Today, I bought cookies, chocolates, fudge, etc. for various local businesses I deal with during the year like my hairdresser, O'Malley's groomer, my mechanic, etc.

I also wound up picking up more books and toys for children of co-workers who I get to enjoy watching grow up.

Every time I say I'm finished I head back out and do more shopping.

I'm looking forward to these last few weeks. I have to accomplish a lot at work to truly enjoy my two-week Christmas vacation.

Thanks for reminding me! I keep thinking that I’m getting a lot done, but I still have those kinds of gifts to do too - teachers, instructors, groomer, etc.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I bought myself three Christmas presents today.

An emergency road side kit for the car in the event I get stuck and can't wait forever for CAA.

Saucony shoes so I can get back to the gym/fitness centre and get my strength back.

Another mid-season jacket, but should be warmer than the other one. It's made for the bush.

I kept thinking I needed another coat and totally forgot about my white one - just have to get a few stains off the sleeves and one spot at the bottom. Why I bought white I can't recall.

*Vixen*

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 1, 2019
Europe
I can't believe it's already December. The Christmas season is well and truly upon us now!

I've had a hectic past few months which has left me so unprepared this year. A close relative has been hospitalised since mid-October and in November there was a sudden water leak at home causing some damage. Hopefully, things will settle down now.

It's been a late start this year for me but I've finally put some decorations up and I'm looking forward to enjoying as much Christmas-y things as I can this month.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy December MMC! Wishing you a merry month filled with all things festive.

-merry--holidays-

Great to see you, Vixen! Happy December to you! Hope things improve for you and you have a Merry Christmas.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Well, Henry is fighting a fever and cough tonight, so I will be staying home with him tomorrow. We will sit around and watch Christmas movies all day!

Hope he feels better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image