Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Christmas Countdown - 2019

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by Crown 84, Jan 1, 2019.

1. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I can't believe one person has all those village pieces and set up - amazing. There was a couple here who lived on the street a few doors before the post office, they had a window display set up all year with similar items. I never saw any of it in motion. I think their property was bought to make room for a restaurant/kitchen supply store.

2. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I saw one a few months ago and it was daylight and no snow or hazardous weather. How that car ended up colliding with the hydro poll outside the DQ is beyond me. No other vehicle seemed to be involved.

The car was facing in the wrong direction that's for sure. It's not like they collided from the right, they would have had to cross over from the right side to wind up on the left side of a 4 lane street.

Power was out for at least a four-block radius.

sugar142286 and HomemakinGirl like this.
  3. AuntieMistletoeDear

I don't know how long it's been since we received that much of a dumping all at once. Great for the outdoor enthusiasts.

sugar142286 and HomemakinGirl like this.
  4. AuntieMistletoeDear

I heard there were a few people in your situation who had to change plans and numbers for Thanksgiving seating due to the weather.

I know what you mean about the errands taking up so much of your time, but the weather here wasn't a factor for me this past weekend. I lucked out in three spots where the parking lots were full, but my check out time had minimal waiting.

5. Christmaswarlock

Christmaswarlock Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

I know a couple that have a huge collection, I cant remember the brand off the top of my head now. Its a rather older style manufacturer and most pieces are not glossy but have a flat color. I remember that a small house used to be like $30.00. They have a big room that is dedicated to the display year round.

6. AuntieMistletoeDear

I'm enjoy a turkey-stuffing subwich from my pals at Between the Bun who chose Christmas in a Bun as their sub offering for the month of December. I'll get at least once per week.

I forgot to let O'Malley taste the turkey - maybe next time.

7. AuntieMistletoeDear

That's sweet of you. Some nights by the time I get through everyone, I wind up with insomnia and a few times I've fallen asleep before I finished.

8. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Maybe Department 51? I started buying that brand secondhand for my village at greatly reduced prices from what people paid for them new. I bought an English Barn and a church for I think...$15 plus $10 shipping. I hope to get my village up later this week so a picture may follow.

9. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Noma Dickensville were a flat not glossy house. They are no longer in production.

10. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Happy December Days MMC! We got about 5 inches of snow here. Decent amount. Got home ok though as the roads were cleaned well. Left an hour early so had a longer evening to relax. Have a great December Days Tuesday!

11. SolidSnake84

SolidSnake84 Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

My wife was just telling me that the trade off is because I am able to go to Hobby Lobby and begin seeing Christmas stuff in April & May. I think Jo Ann Fabrics last year was even a bit earlier than HL as it was around late March that they had a Christmas isle again. So all in all i get a good 7 full months of Christmas stuff there, with one partial month in December, so it's a good deal, truly :)

I was also telling a friend at work, that now everyone is decorated up and in the spirit, which is obviously fun, but we know the true fun of keeping the christmas spirit alive all year long and doing our countdown, Rudolph Day / Mini-Christmases, etc. So the people that are just getting in the spirit now are kind of like bandwagon fans, ha. :)

12. AuntieMistletoeDear

'Tis Tuesday; it wasn't supposed to snow until tomorrow, but they're calling for flurries this afternoon.

Not much on the agenda today other than work, swinging by the post office and picking up those winning lottery numbers. (Dare to dream.)

Have a jolly day! -santa- Think Christmas!

13. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

Good morning ~
    We got a bit of snow overnight and it looks very pretty out there. I’ll be heading out later to pick up a couple of things at the supermarket. I have to stop at the pet store as well. My two youngest are both off from work today so we’re having lunch together. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
    xx

14. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Good Tuesday morning! I am 2 for 2 in watching something Christmassy each day this month. There are also now a ton of houses decorated for Christmas, makes my drive home from work more fun. Just work for me today. Have a great day everyone!

15. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

GM MMC!! We got about 5-6 inches of snow. No school for the kids so they are still sleeping and typical work day for me and I have to bring my daughter to a Dr's appt at 2:30. Hope you all have a great day!

16. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

Good Second Morning of the first full week of December, my Friends.
    And as we move through this last of the 'bers, we creep ever closer to that ultimate goal we wait all year for.

Let's look at its proximity:
    Days to Christmas Day: 22 (Three weeks from TOMORROW!)
    So close now to the three week mark. WOW!

Well, it turned cold yesterday, with a hard west wind. And since I need to blow the leaves west to move them where I need them for city pick up, I had to postpone that plan until today, which is predicted to be calmer, with highs in the low 50's.
    It is currently still and sunny, with the thermometer reading a chilly 37 degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Guys!

17. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Thanks Crown! Happy December Days!

18. Christmaswarlock

k
    I had to go over this morning because it was driving me crazy. The back of the room is Noma Dickensville, center is Lenox and the front is Dept. 56.

19. Dudley

Dudley Sugar Cookie Tester Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Happy Tuesday from SoCal! We had ran almost all day Wednesday and Thanksgiving day last week. Then had "surprise" rain Friday and Saturday! The forecast is calling for more rain to start this evening and a 100% chance of rain tomorrow.

Lots of houses lit up now. The decorating at our house is completed. It feels good to have everything done so early this year!

Today is first of the month report day and a conference meeting with our number one supplier. The day will be full.

Enjoy!

20. Christmaswarlock

Thanks Crown. I will gladly ship you some snow piles to enjoy.

HomemakinGirl and sugar142286 like this.