MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merry Monday!
We got some sleet/snow last night and they are saying we may get some more today, we'll see. Anyone doing any Cyber shopping today? I may look at a few sites and see what I can find.
Hope you all have a great day!

I have only ever bought 6 things on-line in my internet life. Two were ornaments from Bronner's; two were as seen on TV things (my husband wanted), 1 was the WEN the Chaz Dean shampoo and conditioner that lasted about two years then they made a mistake and I dropped them and the other one was a box set CD for my folks from Amazon.

The fact that I can remember what they were means I don't do it much.

I like getting things in person and I use a regular check out not the check yourself out method, although I did it twice when I was in a hurry.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

I can't believe one person has all those village pieces and set up - amazing. There was a couple here who lived on the street a few doors before the post office, they had a window display set up all year with similar items. I never saw any of it in motion. I think their property was bought to make room for a restaurant/kitchen supply store.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Morning festive Dec 2nd MMC'ers! We got hit with the snow according to plan. 12" in the backyard and possible 7" more until 7pm tonite. We got a txt message alert last night from the electric company asking all customers to refrain from hitting electic poles while driving. ~ Really?~ then I gave it some thought and come to the realization that some drivers do need that kind of reminder.

I saw one a few months ago and it was daylight and no snow or hazardous weather. How that car ended up colliding with the hydro poll outside the DQ is beyond me. No other vehicle seemed to be involved.

The car was facing in the wrong direction that's for sure. It's not like they collided from the right, they would have had to cross over from the right side to wind up on the left side of a 4 lane street.

Power was out for at least a four-block radius.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Monday, Fellow Christmas Revelers :)

We dodged lots of snow this past week. Two predicted major storms, one barely skirted us, one completely missed us (thank you, Jack Frost). We got around 3-4 inches, with a potential for lots more predicted. Just SW of us by 30 miles got over two feet!

Onward and upward. It's December now, so you know the days will fly by at a blinding speed. Enjoy the most of each one.

I don't know how long it's been since we received that much of a dumping all at once. Great for the outdoor enthusiasts.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The strange 2019 Thanksgiving has come to a close. Normally, the house would have had eight people in it Wednesday evening to Sunday afternoon, but severe winter weather prevented our daughter, and her crew, from making the drive up. Our son joined us Thursday afternoon and left in the evening.

Friday was consumed by the tree. So much so, that it is up, and lit, but doesn't have a single ornament on it, yet.

Saturday, I had six stops on my weekly errands tour. The storm kept the stores from being crowded, but the travel + time doing the various tasks chewed up the entire day.

Sunday was snow shoveling, church, lunch, and more snow removal. Thus the nakee tree.

It certainly wasn't the same old - same old...Sometimes blessings come in odd packages.

I heard there were a few people in your situation who had to change plans and numbers for Thanksgiving seating due to the weather.

I know what you mean about the errands taking up so much of your time, but the weather here wasn't a factor for me this past weekend. I lucked out in three spots where the parking lots were full, but my check out time had minimal waiting.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
I can't believe one person has all those village pieces and set up - amazing. There was a couple here who lived on the street a few doors before the post office, they had a window display set up all year with similar items. I never saw any of it in motion. I think their property was bought to make room for a restaurant/kitchen supply store.
I know a couple that have a huge collection, I cant remember the brand off the top of my head now. Its a rather older style manufacturer and most pieces are not glossy but have a flat color. I remember that a small house used to be like $30.00. They have a big room that is dedicated to the display year round.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm enjoy a turkey-stuffing subwich from my pals at Between the Bun who chose Christmas in a Bun as their sub offering for the month of December. I'll get at least once per week.

I forgot to let O'Malley taste the turkey - maybe next time.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just a quick note to let everyone know they and their loved ones are in my prayers.

View attachment 66049

That's sweet of you. Some nights by the time I get through everyone, I wind up with insomnia and a few times I've fallen asleep before I finished.

Reindeer Herder

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 17, 2019
Maryland
I know a couple that have a huge collection, I cant remember the brand off the top of my head now. Its a rather older style manufacturer and most pieces are not glossy but have a flat color. I remember that a small house used to be like $30.00. They have a big room that is dedicated to the display year round.

Maybe Department 51? I started buying that brand secondhand for my village at greatly reduced prices from what people paid for them new. I bought an English Barn and a church for I think...$15 plus $10 shipping. I hope to get my village up later this week so a picture may follow.

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
Noma Dickensville were a flat not glossy house. They are no longer in production.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I know it’s sad to see fewer and fewer Christmas items in stores as we come closer to the big day, but stores like my own bring out seasonal merchandise so early nowadays that there is much less by the time December rolls around. Where I work, we went from 5 full aisles to 2 last week. So you’re right to focus on all those Christmas goodies that you already have and enjoy the season :)

My wife was just telling me that the trade off is because I am able to go to Hobby Lobby and begin seeing Christmas stuff in April & May. I think Jo Ann Fabrics last year was even a bit earlier than HL as it was around late March that they had a Christmas isle again. So all in all i get a good 7 full months of Christmas stuff there, with one partial month in December, so it's a good deal, truly :)

I was also telling a friend at work, that now everyone is decorated up and in the spirit, which is obviously fun, but we know the true fun of keeping the christmas spirit alive all year long and doing our countdown, Rudolph Day / Mini-Christmases, etc. So the people that are just getting in the spirit now are kind of like bandwagon fans, ha. :)

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
'Tis Tuesday; it wasn't supposed to snow until tomorrow, but they're calling for flurries this afternoon.

Not much on the agenda today other than work, swinging by the post office and picking up those winning lottery numbers. (Dare to dream.)

Have a jolly day! -santa- Think Christmas!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
We got a bit of snow overnight and it looks very pretty out there. I’ll be heading out later to pick up a couple of things at the supermarket. I have to stop at the pet store as well. My two youngest are both off from work today so we’re having lunch together. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Second Morning of the first full week of December, my Friends.
And as we move through this last of the 'bers, we creep ever closer to that ultimate goal we wait all year for.

Let's look at its proximity:
Days to Christmas Day: 22 (Three weeks from TOMORROW!)
So close now to the three week mark. WOW!

Well, it turned cold yesterday, with a hard west wind. And since I need to blow the leaves west to move them where I need them for city pick up, I had to postpone that plan until today, which is predicted to be calmer, with highs in the low 50's.
It is currently still and sunny, with the thermometer reading a chilly 37 degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Guys!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Second Morning of the first full week of December, my Friends.
And as we move through this last of the 'bers, we creep ever closer to that ultimate goal we wait all year for.

Let's look at its proximity:
Days to Christmas Day: 22 (Three weeks from TOMORROW!)
So close now to the three week mark. WOW!

Well, it turned cold yesterday, with a hard west wind. And since I need to blow the leaves west to move them where I need them for city pick up, I had to postpone that plan until today, which is predicted to be calmer, with highs in the low 50's.
It is currently still and sunny, with the thermometer reading a chilly 37 degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Guys!
Thanks Crown! Happy December Days!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Maybe Department 51? I started buying that brand secondhand for my village at greatly reduced prices from what people paid for them new. I bought an English Barn and a church for I think...$15 plus $10 shipping. I hope to get my village up later this week so a picture may follow.

Noma Dickensville were a flat not glossy house. They are no longer in production.
k
I had to go over this morning because it was driving me crazy. The back of the room is Noma Dickensville, center is Lenox and the front is Dept. 56.

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Happy Tuesday from SoCal! We had ran almost all day Wednesday and Thanksgiving day last week. Then had "surprise" rain Friday and Saturday! The forecast is calling for more rain to start this evening and a 100% chance of rain tomorrow.

Lots of houses lit up now. The decorating at our house is completed. It feels good to have everything done so early this year!

Today is first of the month report day and a conference meeting with our number one supplier. The day will be full.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image