AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
We're having rain and leaves here - more Thanksgiving than Christmas.

I'm still finding the odd dried up leave on my car when I'm brushing snow or scraping frost from the windows. We are in winter-mode; they're calling for snow on Wednesday and Friday. The wind chill makes it colder. If the sun is out,, it helps, but when it's overcast it feels nasty.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I can't believe it's already December. The Christmas season is well and truly upon us now!

I've had a hectic past few months which has left me so unprepared this year. A close relative has been hospitalised since mid-October and in November there was a sudden water leak at home causing some damage. Hopefully, things will settle down now.

It's been a late start this year for me but I've finally put some decorations up and I'm looking forward to enjoying as much Christmas-y things as I can this month.

Good to see you; hope your relative gets well in time to enjoy Christmas. A friend of mine had Christmas dinner with her mom one year when she was in the hospital. They even decorated her room.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
100%done. Finished all today. My goal was by December 1 and considering the hospital stay back in February. Not bad. Bring on 2020. Yabba!

Feels good to be healthy and ready to roll with Christmas doesn't it?

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Watched ELF last night; I miss watching the Bob Newhart show. He was a pen pal to my brother on a few occasions. (Real Bob not a standard reply.) It was good to see him pop up on the Big Bang Theory.

Keep a merry sitcom in your head -surprise-

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Cyber Monday MMC! It was a cold rainy/snowy Sunday December 1. And that made it the perfect day to put the tree up and enjoy some Christmas shows. That's how my December started. Now I'm off to work and hoping the snow today won't be too bad. Have a great Cyber Monday!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC!
We are expecting a wintry mix of rain, sleet and snow today. Rocky has an early groomer appointment and then I have a chiropractor appointment. After that I will be in for the rest of the day. I’ll just be working on my daily chores and I’m going to make chicken soup for dinner. I have a bit more decorating to do as well. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week ahead!!!
xx

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all!

Home with Henry today. Hopefully he will start feeling better today. We will probably watch a couple of Christmas movies today which will be fun.

We had some light snow showers last night but it did not really stick. It is just a bit too warm. Currently there is no snow in the forecast, but I hope that changes. Unfortunately, we get very little snow before Christmas. Most of our snow comes in January and February. I need to move farther north!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

It's strange to say, but it's good to be at work again. I've turned into an old fuddy-duddy, and I like my routine. It was a great holiday week, but I could use a few days of "normal".

We had to buy more lights last night after some string failures, but our house looks pretty doggone good, if I do say so myself!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
-merry-

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning all!

Home with Henry today. Hopefully he will start feeling better today. We will probably watch a couple of Christmas movies today which will be fun.

We had some light snow showers last night but it did not really stick. It is just a bit too warm. Currently there is no snow in the forecast, but I hope that changes. Unfortunately, we get very little snow before Christmas. Most of our snow comes in January and February. I need to move farther north!
Hope Henry is better soon...we have a lot of sickness going on around here.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Monday!
We got some sleet/snow last night and they are saying we may get some more today, we'll see. Anyone doing any Cyber shopping today? I may look at a few sites and see what I can find.
Hope you all have a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning Folks, and welcome to the first full week of December, the month of........well, you know.
About time to get those Christmas decorations up. I plan to start on ours by mid week. Always a festive endeavor!

Continuing now with our count to Christmas:
Days to Christmas Day: 23 (Three weeks from the day after tomorrow!)
Really starting to close in now, and it seems sooner since we had a late Thanksgiving.

Rather warm yesterday (mid 60's) but it came with lots of rain and some wind which has now covered the yard with leaves again.
Today should be dry and clear but it will be a good 15 degrees cooler, and we should be in for a chilly week ahead.
We begin this second day of the month at 45 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Friends!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good morning and Merry Monday!
We had a great week of Thanksgiving back home in Indiana. So glad to sleep in my own bed again last night. Looking forward to a "normal" week this week. I see lots of Christmas displays up around the neighborhoods now. That makes my heart glad. Have a wonderful and blessed Monday!!! :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning Folks, and welcome to the first full week of December, the month of........well, you know.
About time to get those Christmas decorations up. I plan to start on ours by mid week. Always a festive endeavor!

Really starting to close in now, and it seems sooner since we had a late Thanksgiving.

Rather warm yesterday (mid 60's) but it came with lots of rain and some wind which has now covered the yard with leaves again.
Today should be dry and clear but it will be a good 15 degrees cooler, and we should be in for a chilly week ahead.

Thanks Crown! Happy Cyber Monday!

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta

Thanks Crown! Happy Festive Cyber Minday leaf raking to you! :D

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Morning festive Dec 2nd MMC'ers! We got hit with the snow according to plan. 12" in the backyard and possible 7" more until 7pm tonite. We got a txt message alert last night from the electric company asking all customers to refrain from hitting electic poles while driving. ~ Really?~ then I gave it some thought and come to the realization that some drivers do need that kind of reminder.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Morning festive Dec 2nd MMC'ers! We got hit with the snow according to plan. 12" in the backyard and possible 7" more until 7pm tonite. We got a txt message alert last night from the electric company asking all customers to refrain from hitting electic poles while driving. ~ Really?~ then I gave it some thought and come to the realization that some drivers do need that kind of reminder.
:D

Classic Christmas

Eggnog Chugger
MMC Member
Nov 9, 2008
Happy Monday, Fellow Christmas Revelers :)

We dodged lots of snow this past week. Two predicted major storms, one barely skirted us, one completely missed us (thank you, Jack Frost). We got around 3-4 inches, with a potential for lots more predicted. Just SW of us by 30 miles got over two feet!

Onward and upward. It's December now, so you know the days will fly by at a blinding speed. Enjoy the most of each one.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
The strange 2019 Thanksgiving has come to a close. Normally, the house would have had eight people in it Wednesday evening to Sunday afternoon, but severe winter weather prevented our daughter, and her crew, from making the drive up. Our son joined us Thursday afternoon and left in the evening.

Friday was consumed by the tree. So much so, that it is up, and lit, but doesn't have a single ornament on it, yet.

Saturday, I had six stops on my weekly errands tour. The storm kept the stores from being crowded, but the travel + time doing the various tasks chewed up the entire day.

Sunday was snow shoveling, church, lunch, and more snow removal. Thus the nakee tree.

It certainly wasn't the same old - same old...Sometimes blessings come in odd packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image