Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Second Morning of the first full week of December, my Friends.
And as we move through this last of the 'bers, we creep ever closer to that ultimate goal we wait all year for.

Let's look at its proximity:
Days to Christmas Day: 22 (Three weeks from TOMORROW!)
So close now to the three week mark. WOW!

Well, it turned cold yesterday, with a hard west wind. And since I need to blow the leaves west to move them where I need them for city pick up, I had to postpone that plan until today, which is predicted to be calmer, with highs in the low 50's.
It is currently still and sunny, with the thermometer reading a chilly 37 degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Guys!
Thanks Crown. I will gladly ship you some snow piles to enjoy.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
While the household makes the majority of our purchases in Mortar/Brick World, there are some items it has become simpler to order on line. Oddly enough, a good chunk of our clothing purchases have shifted to the internet.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Happy December Days MMC! We got about 5 inches of snow here. Decent amount. Got home ok though as the roads were cleaned well. Left an hour early so had a longer evening to relax. Have a great December Days Tuesday!
We scored about half a foot of heavy, but not sloppy, snow over the holiday weekend. That's enough, thank you. Then again Duluth MN got slugged with over 21 inches...

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
This morning was in the 40s. Very cold for coastal Florida. I had an eye appointment at 9 and I wore a sweatshirt, sweatpants and heavy jacket. Good thing because their office felt as cold as the outdoors. It looks like my whole month of December will be spent on preparing for lens surgery, having lens surgery, and aftercare from lens surgery. I needed to get it done by the end of the year for tax purposes.

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
Our Thanksgiving weekend was busy: breakfast with DH's family, lunch with my family (minus brother & his family), & dinner with DH's best friend & his family; I never thought I'd be tired of eating, but I was after dinner!

Black Friday I took DD & Mom to see Frozen 2, then to Jason's Deli for lunch. Movie & lunch at Jason's has become our new tradition. Mom already had her trees and decorations up, but one tree that I bought her last year wouldn't light up, so I just strung more lights on it! She isn't feeling the best right now, so she didn't put all of her ornaments or decor out this year.

Friday night we started decorating and put the trees up at home. I finished decorating Saturday, except the last tree (#4) on Sunday night. It stormed on Saturday, so I didn't take Mom to the Old Fashioned Downtown Christmas this year. She wasn't feeling well anyway and I didn't want to leave home, so I was glad to stay home and finish decorating.

Sunday was the adult Christmas program at church and we rested for the rest of the day. Monday was a lot of Cyber Monday shopping. I've finished my side of the family. It's probably gift cards for the kids on DH's side of the family, so I'm not in a hurry to do that. DH's work Christmas dinner is on Thursday and it's the first time in 15 years that family has been invited, so we're going! Saturday DD marches in two Christmas parades and Sunday is the band holiday concert.

DH has to watch two Christmas movies for his holiday season to be complete: White Christmas & National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. We have already watched both!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning ~
We got a bit of snow overnight and it looks very pretty out there. I’ll be heading out later to pick up a couple of things at the supermarket. I have to stop at the pet store as well. My two youngest are both off from work today so we’re having lunch together. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

Hope you girls had a nice time!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
GM MMC!! We got about 5-6 inches of snow. No school for the kids so they are still sleeping and typical work day for me and I have to bring my daughter to a Dr's appt at 2:30. Hope you all have a great day!

Hope her appointment went well!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Our Thanksgiving weekend was busy: breakfast with DH's family, lunch with my family (minus brother & his family), & dinner with DH's best friend & his family; I never thought I'd be tired of eating, but I was after dinner!

Black Friday I took DD & Mom to see Frozen 2, then to Jason's Deli for lunch. Movie & lunch at Jason's has become our new tradition. Mom already had her trees and decorations up, but one tree that I bought her last year wouldn't light up, so I just strung more lights on it! She isn't feeling the best right now, so she didn't put all of her ornaments or decor out this year.

Friday night we started decorating and put the trees up at home. I finished decorating Saturday, except the last tree (#4) on Sunday night. It stormed on Saturday, so I didn't take Mom to the Old Fashioned Downtown Christmas this year. She wasn't feeling well anyway and I didn't want to leave home, so I was glad to stay home and finish decorating.

Sunday was the adult Christmas program at church and we rested for the rest of the day. Monday was a lot of Cyber Monday shopping. I've finished my side of the family. It's probably gift cards for the kids on DH's side of the family, so I'm not in a hurry to do that. DH's work Christmas dinner is on Thursday and it's the first time in 15 years that family has been invited, so we're going! Saturday DD marches in two Christmas parades and Sunday is the band holiday concert.

DH has to watch two Christmas movies for his holiday season to be complete: White Christmas & National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. We have already watched both!

You definitely sound busy, but all sounds fun! Enjoy the Christmas party! Hope your mom gets to feeling well.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good afternoon, MMC! Day off today. I work every other day until next week. Unfortunately, when I have a schedule like that, it’s hard for me to get a lot done or to get in to a routine. Tonight is baton and guitar lessons, so that’s where I’ll be running the kids. Hope you’re all well and having a great day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Second Morning of the first full week of December, my Friends.
And as we move through this last of the 'bers, we creep ever closer to that ultimate goal we wait all year for.

Let's look at its proximity:
Days to Christmas Day: 22 (Three weeks from TOMORROW!)
So close now to the three week mark. WOW!

Well, it turned cold yesterday, with a hard west wind. And since I need to blow the leaves west to move them where I need them for city pick up, I had to postpone that plan until today, which is predicted to be calmer, with highs in the low 50's.
It is currently still and sunny, with the thermometer reading a chilly 37 degrees.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Guys!

Dejavu on the blowin' leaves bit - seems to me you were supposed to that last week. Guess time is flying.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
k
I had to go over this morning because it was driving me crazy. The back of the room is Noma Dickensville, center is Lenox and the front is Dept. 56.

I have some Dickens village pieces, but haven't had the right space to set them up - I should pay attention next time they come out of their boxes because I'm sure I have a variety of pieces from different collections. I got a set back that I had given my God-Mother back in my nanny days. I think they were bought through Consumers Distributing.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
While the household makes the majority of our purchases in Mortar/Brick World, there are some items it has become simpler to order on line. Oddly enough, a good chunk of our clothing purchases have shifted to the internet.

I wouldn't buy clothes on-line because I have to try them on to make sure they feel right; I have sensory issues so certain fabrics or excessive stitching drives me bonkers.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
This morning was in the 40s. Very cold for coastal Florida. I had an eye appointment at 9 and I wore a sweatshirt, sweatpants and heavy jacket. Good thing because their office felt as cold as the outdoors. It looks like my whole month of December will be spent on preparing for lens surgery, having lens surgery, and aftercare from lens surgery. I needed to get it done by the end of the year for tax purposes.

Are they replacing the existing lens or adding an artificial lens over the existing one? It's laser style; it's pretty standard these days. My parents and my husband had laser surgery, but that was for cataracts. I remember they had lots of drops to take afterward, but nothing was painful and their vision improved.

Hope it improves rather than spoils your Christmas.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
They should Christmas tree deordorant.

Old Spice Timber smells like pine trees, I like that smell, but homemade cookies would smell better.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Sounds like busy seasonal fun.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm chilling with A Song for Christmas - a Hallmark film that was shot in two rural communities just south of my city. I like watching for places I recognize.

I'm wiped; feel like I won't make it to 8:00, but I was hoping for 9:00 so I can watch the Voice after the movie.

Enjoy your night.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good evening all.

Henry was back to school today and feeling much better. His voice is funny because of his head being so congested.

Today was a rather uneventful day overall. However, when I got home I put on my new Christmas light pajamas to lounge around in.

Time to listen to watch some Christmas shows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image